Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 12:30:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for free level 7?  (Read 3414 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: July 14, 2011, 11:09:59 am »

I think it would be a good idea to have free level 7s right now and start off with 300pp.

why? because im lazy and dont feel like grinding games anymore.

no no, im only half joking.

at this point it seems that we are quite close to having all our doctrines in. i think if free level 7s and 300pp were available we could start testing double T3s. i know a few of them are sorted out. but the armor double t3 needed balancing, and you guys did it. right now defensive mid/bottom t3 is quite powerful, it is better than p pills, with my officer i give all my units +30% accuracy and damage, there is no activating the ability and no cool down. and i get other bonuses in the doctrine that make it awesome. probably needs slight tweaking.

anyways, i think it would be good, with no risk id try out a bunch of double t3s just to see how they work.

also if we do this, by the time doctrines are done, you guys can just make profiles totally free, this way we can test various t4s and t3s against each other, keep that up for a month or two, making slight tweaks to doctrines and i think we could get some fantastic balance!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 11:22:43 am »

meh, honestly riki, I actually kinda enjoy the grind (although there are tons of people who hate it, Heres lookin at you AmPm) regardless, and I hope it stays as a grind sometime, like when we had to start from level 1, thought it was very interesting and fun. 

I would actually like to start with everything free for a bit just to try it out, but like I said I think the grind is the way to go!!!

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:25:53 am »

Level 1 starts will be coming back. Personally I prefer the leveling phase over the everyone's maxed phase.

You see more variation in company builds because people have unlocked different things towards their goal. Again I use the example of that first time you see a Tiger or Pershing and you go "awww shit..."

Not only that but the weapons and upgrades people take at lower company levels are different from what people take at higher company levels.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:10:07 pm »

i enjoy the grind after a wipe. but when its stagnant like this, i prefer to try everything out. and i hate grinding a new account all the time just to see what a certain T4 or T3 is like, then to potentially be like, "this sucks" and never use that account again.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:57:55 pm »

lv1 vs lv9 coy,noobs are gonna get stomped so hard,lol!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 01:02:52 pm »

Err everyone will be lvl 1, and there'll be a grindless system so everyone will be +- on same level. (Though new accounts will take a few games to 'catch up')
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 01:39:14 pm »

well im talking about now, or maybe it would be cool if 2 weeks to a month everything was free before a wipe.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 02:26:46 pm »

Err everyone will be lvl 1, and there'll be a grindless system so everyone will be +- on same level. (Though new accounts will take a few games to 'catch up')

yes,but soon some players will be lv9,and when new guys come they will be lv1,thats what I mean Wink
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 02:44:20 pm »

yes,but soon some players will be lv9,and when new guys come they will be lv1,thats what I mean Wink
Well after the wipe, that will never be the case again ;P

Say the factions 'level' is rank 5 - which means, at max, everyone on that faction can be rank 5.

A new player, begins a new company on that faction - he gets a minimum rank worth of PP(lets say 50% so rank 2 1/2 free) - then every game he plays for that 'turn' is worth 5% of the factions max rank - so in theory - 10 games later, hes now caught up with the max amount of PP.

But in saying this, when he began, he wasnt all that far behind anyway Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 04:44:01 pm »

What's the point of even having them start lower then?

Maybe just give Doctrine Abilities to start, but make unlocks dependant on level and the warmap?

That way you have all yourabilities but not all the units and offmaps. Then you could add more unlock types and stuff.

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 05:05:52 pm »

What's the point of even having them start lower then?
The main, and in my opinion only real reason - is to stop people from re-creating a new company from scratch - selecting options to grief an opponent, then scrapping the company.
Thats why the gain is so small - 5%.  The 'Min level' of a new company will be decided - in a way, by a type of 'factional grind' - which means after reaching the max amount of PP for the faction on that turn - you begin to 'push' up into boosting for bonus PP that turn + min level for new companies.

Im open to alternative ideas for this level up mechanic of course - as the main idea behind it is to have factional doctrine levels (all of which will be fairly close together, but depending on how the war goes for each side, some may be ahead 'tech' wise, while others behind)

Maybe just give Doctrine Abilities to start, but make unlocks dependant on level and the warmap?
Thats sort of the way its going - Most people who play will be only 1 or 2 games from the 'max' for that turn.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:44 pm »

my problem with the level 1-9 theory is that this game doesnt have that may players to keep balanced games a luxury.
Shit even with COHO thousands and thousands of players there was level 5,5,9 vs 9,18,12.
Of course you hear levels dont matter. Whats worse in COHO? Rangers with just rifles or Rangers with 2 zooks, extra damage, smg upgrade, grenades, and fire up ability? So levels do matter.
I kind of like as is in EIR
You can get descent upgrades and maxing out aint too far away. But you still want to grind to achieve the next tier or resource upgrade.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 06:15:54 pm »

EIRRMod, ill type up some things tonight.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 03:19:52 am »

after that wipe we will lose our stats? i mean stats in leaderboard for units and win/lose balance?

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 03:25:42 am »

You lose everything Cheesy

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 05:31:32 am »

Yes, screenshot it if you want to hold on to it.
Eventually we'll have some 'hall of fame' page where users can keep track of their all time stats (and achievements), but it won't be for the immediate future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc