Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:32:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prison, health care, society  (Read 32538 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« on: July 23, 2011, 10:22:11 am »

Scandinavian prisons generally resemble five star hotels.
You basically get to own a nice apartment with a comfortable bed and get access to computers, internet, phones, TV, education, good food and other expensive treatment such as psychologists etc etc. Many prisons have no fences and instead only a line that you're not allowed to cross. Every prisoner also has a the right to a three-day conjugal right in a three-room luxury apartment twice a year. A variety of sports and activities are also available to inmates. Prisoners are also allowed to live at home with the help of electronic devices and heavy surveillance. Lifetime in prison is usually up to 12-15 years with an earlier release for good behavior etc etc.

Oh, and that's for maximum security prisons.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about the subject:

"The Swedish prison system is not generally severe. The emphasis is on humanitarian treatment of prisoners and rehabilitation in favor of deterrence. Sentences are generally short and prisoners enjoy a high material standard. The maximum sentence—a "life" sentence—means imprisonment for an undetermined period no longer than the span of the prisoner's natural life, and the prisoner is generally released after 15–20 years"

This picture says it all, pretty much. It's a bit outdated so that prisoner probably has a widescreen TV by now.

Prison "guards" are like "OK you can go buy some cigarettes but be home by nine!" LOL

So yes, AmPm does bring up a good point.

ROFL, I'm honestly suprised you don't have more violent crime. Put that here and people would literally be killing to go to prison. That is fucking retarded. They would probably let you play EIR in there too, with an individual high speed connection....

So if the US economy crashes and I'm fucked, I'm coming to Norway.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:30:46 am »

If you think living in a shithole like this,

and showering with Mufasa and Piggy,

is the way of life you want. Go and rob a bank or something

Use a condom with no eyes as a mask to ensure your caught
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:32:43 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:33:04 am »

No doubt that is ALOT better than what a shitload of people live in.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 10:33:31 am »

You can't account for taste I guess
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 10:35:07 am »

Yeah this is my taste.

I WANNA BE A SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE Cheesy
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 10:35:35 am »

If you think living in a shithole like this,

and showering with Mufasa and Piggy,

is the way of life you want. Go and rob a bank or something

Use a condom with no eyes as a mask to ensure your caught

hey that's honestly not far from what my dorm's gonna be in september
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 10:35:56 am »

Tbfh, hearing about this bullcrap (as an american, mind you), ship the fucker to some country willing to torture him for a year or two. The shoot him in the back of the head and throw him into a river or some shit.

90 kids? Who the fuck kills 90 KIDS with a fucking assault rifle. In NORWAY. Who happens to be from norway himself -.-'?

Not how the killer describes himself as a fundamental traditionalist christian Smiley.

Religion ftw.

Also, my dorm was worse than that prison. Lul.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 10:41:35 am »

hey that's honestly not far from what my dorm's gonna be in september

except you wont shower with bubba and notorious g-bling

neither will you have to stay there most of your day and your night
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 10:44:39 am »

Lets hope bubba and g-bling ehh, punk him out, if you know what I mean.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 10:46:37 am »

No doubt that is ALOT better than what a shitload of people live in.

Not in sweden, that's where you & AMPMs entire argumentation falls apart. Unlike in the US, Sweden doesn't have mass inequality and millions of people living in poverty or anything close to it, thus while it may seem 'attractive' to Americans it's pretty fucking crappy for a Swede. Not to mention that you still don't have any freedom, I can assure you living in a small room like that for the rest of your life is going to drive you MAD eventually.

Also, the US prison system isn't really a good example, now is it. I bet recidivism is a lot higher in the US than it is in for example Norway or Sweden. I do agree with the premiss that mass murderers and other scum shouldn't be given too much luxury in their prison life though (And I'm sure they're not). Nothing wrong with treating them at least somewhat humane though, regardless of their crimes.

Society shouldn't lower itself to the same level as those attempting to harm it. We as a peoples are no better than those very murderers if we start executing our criminals. I don't think the death penalty solves anything, it could even be argued that some of those psycho's would rather take that 'exit' than being forced to live imprisoned for 50 - 60 years.

ROFL, I'm honestly suprised you don't have more violent crime. Put that here and people would literally be killing to go to prison. That is fucking retarded. They would probably let you play EIR in there too, with an individual high speed connection....

So if the US economy crashes and I'm fucked, I'm coming to Norway.
Except for the fact that if you're not a Norwegian citizen you'd probably be sent back to the US
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 10:47:31 am »

With 3 day conjugal visits twice a year the instances of rape are probably pretty low. Not to mention that most of them aren't in there for any hard crimes...

lol at sissy vacation prison.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 10:50:04 am »

The US prison and execution system doesn't seem to scare anyone off more than the Norwegian one does, on the contrary; the US has the largest % of its population living in jail. Even MORE than FUCKING CHINA and they put everyone in prison who doesn't agree with them.  Tongue
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 10:52:23 am »

The only problem with the death sentence that I find is the fact it's irreversible in case somebody fucks up.

Other than that, I see no reason why somebody who's got caught a 3rd time for assault and battery, for instance, shouldn't just be shot so it becomes easier for everyone. He won't go mad staying in prison, people won't have to pay money to keep him alive and well.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 10:52:45 am »

Well the diffrence between Norway and Usa there are alot more people in US that have nothing to lose sence they already live in horrible conditions.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 10:53:22 am »

The only problem with the death sentence that I find is the fact it's irreversible in case somebody fucks up.

Other than that, I see no reason why somebody who's got caught a 3rd time for assault and battery, for instance, shouldn't just be shot so it becomes easier for everyone. He won't go mad staying in prison, people won't have to pay money to keep him alive and well.
+1 death sentence for repeat offenders of serious crimes

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 10:54:02 am »

I think you'll suffer more spending 60 years in jail than you will getting executed in 1 - 2 years after your crime. But it's a matter of perception I guess.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 10:54:48 am »

I think you'll suffer more spending 60 years in jail than you will getting executed in 1 - 2 years after your crime. But it's a matter of perception I guess

I don't disagree. 60 years of jail is inhumane to both the imprisoned, and to those footing the bill.

Just shoot the fucker, win-win for EVERYBODY.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 10:54:54 am »

Conjugal visits? Maybe if your cheating hick wife thinks you have cash snuck away somewhere.

Please post the % of marriages that do not get separated upon before the completion of a lengthy prison sentence in the US. I'm curious.

Americans have a difficult to stomach credibility when it comes to describing how to run detainment and imprisoning based on the MASSIVE size of their penal system, but that's where it stops. Perhaps you pride yourself in the harsh justice system, but others look away in disgust of Guatanamo and other illegal displays of american "justice".
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 10:55:41 am »

Well the diffrence between Norway and Usa there are alot more people in US that have nothing to lose sence they already live in horrible conditions.

And what do you think being imprisoned and indebted produce? Model citizens?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 10:57:01 am »

Prisons are FLAWED. Unless you got something to begin with, they do fuck all to improve you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc