Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 04:19:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE Sniper is IN  (Read 20514 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 05:35:49 pm »

1. Disable their AT

2. Take a gamble and try to destroy sniper with a possible loss of a Kettengrad and Pg squad/Vamp HT with PG squad/Scout Car

Both of those will require more resources than the cost of a sniper. Allowing them to use a sniper for a longer period of time unharassed will mean the loss of the match.

What you're suggesting is basically that players should bring marders to a bazooka fight.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:40:35 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 05:36:30 pm »

Thats why its in the rewards unit section - to test ;p

you wont see much testing judging how easily they will die,lol
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 05:37:13 pm »

No doubt the kettenkrad and the vampire meshes very well with the FSJ sniper. But that effectively brings him up to a immobile attempt at counter-sniping, at 11 pop.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 05:40:30 pm »

Both of those will require more resources than the cost of a sniper. Allowing them to use a sniper for a longer period of time unharassed will mean the loss of the match.

But what about having to wait in cover with the PE sniper waiting for the American sniper to fire in your area? Wouldn't that take just as long?

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 05:41:41 pm »

Use the two units you should have anyway, Vampire + Mortar HT.

Use the Vampire for detection in fog of war, hit sniper with mortar. Fun and easy to burn it alive. If it runs away to heal shoot its heal station.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 05:42:57 pm »

But what about having to wait in cover with the PE sniper waiting for the American sniper to fire in your area? Wouldn't that take just as long?

Go back and read what EIRmod said. They are testing the unit thus gave it weak performance to see how it would alter balance and will slowly modify it to the better.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2011, 05:49:52 pm »

Use the two units you should have anyway, Vampire + Mortar HT.

Use the Vampire for detection in fog of war, hit sniper with mortar. Fun and easy to burn it alive. If it runs away to heal shoot its heal station.

While this may be a viable strategy against newer players it's not something you can easily pull of against better players.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2011, 05:53:00 pm »

Go back and read what EIRmod said. They are testing the unit thus gave it weak performance to see how it would alter balance and will slowly modify it to the better.

What other tweak could they give it besides taking away its cover cloaking and replacing it with full enabled cloak?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2011, 05:54:12 pm »

We had many many ideas for what the FJ Sniper could do.

If it turns out to be sucky, have no fear, for it can be made into a killing machine.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 05:54:18 pm »

While this may be a viable strategy against newer players it's not something you can easily pull of against better players.
I disagree lol.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2011, 05:56:20 pm »

I disagree lol.

A better player will avoid the sniper like it's the plague and they will make it their highest priority to kill. The mortar is not fast enough to kill a sniper on the move.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 06:20:56 pm »

Every faction should get a KT otherwise it's not fair.

In fact, let's just combine all the factions into one and then the game will be more fair because no army will have units that the other doesn't.

These are pro ways to improve the game -- faction/doctrine strengths and weakness ruin gameplay!

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2011, 06:46:54 pm »

Every faction should get a KT otherwise it's not fair.

In fact, let's just combine all the factions into one and then the game will be more fair because no army will have units that the other doesn't.

These are pro ways to improve the game -- faction/doctrine strengths and weakness ruin gameplay!
Wait what?

The FJ Sniper isnt even part of a doctrine?  Crazy Wind....

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2011, 06:55:07 pm »

PE sniper is in.

Faith in humanity -1
Has anyone actually played Luft? Seriously? I can have cloaking ambush falls and a sniper now.. lul
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2011, 07:06:49 pm »

PE sniper is in.

Faith in humanity -1
Has anyone actually played Luft? Seriously? I can have cloaking ambush falls and a sniper now.. lul
Again, how can you have a luft sniper?  Its not on the common list, and as we've stated before - reward units are for testing, NOT part of the normal doctrine/faction restrictions.

You will also see units for Allies that are not part of their normal doctrine/faction restrictions such as the cuckoo panther and other HTs that would normally be the realm of Axis.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2011, 12:33:49 am »

I can have cloaking ambush falls and a sniper now.. lul

Lol and ?    blitz can have cloaking storms and sniper.

Imo moving cloak for sniper is a must if he is not like brit sniper.

also if he does not have critical,  his RoF  mayb should be normalized to kill at speed of normal sniper.

example :  normal sniper      1 kill---reload----1 kill

pe sniper:       shot shot     1 kill   shot shot---1 kill
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:40:17 am by nugnugx » Logged

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2011, 01:38:23 am »

I've never had my FSJ Marksman fail to kill on a hit. Same rifle as the WM Sniper.

Why is there so much Discussion on counter sniping with the FSJ marksman? You don't take a commando sniper against a WM Sniper because you have no element of surprise, you'll get your face shot off. PE already has a plethora of capable Sniper hunters, the FSJ marksman is not supposed to be one of those.

I think you're all asking for a WM Sniper and just don't want to admit it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:47:55 am by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 02:22:54 am »

I've never had my FSJ Marksman fail to kill on a hit. Same rifle as the WM Sniper.

Oh ok , i didn't use it yet so idky how it works, i was just basing on what Smokaz said.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2011, 03:51:34 am »

I think you're all asking for a WM Sniper and just don't want to admit it.

noup,2 man team as mando sniper would be fine,so you dont loose reward unit to a single shoot! If mando sniper was 1 guy,how many of vetted mandos snipers would be on the field,aaa,yea right,almost none!
with allies snipers being quite popular lately,usually I see few per game lately,how do you expect this poor fella to survive 1 game,being reward unit which enemy will prioritize to take out,just to grief you?!

some extra range with vet would make him more survivable.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:58:18 am by smurfORnot » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2011, 06:30:19 am »

Why is there so much Discussion on counter sniping with the FSJ marksman? You don't take a commando sniper against a WM Sniper because you have no element of surprise, you'll get your face shot off. PE already has a plethora of capable Sniper hunters, the FSJ marksman is not supposed to be one of those.

Bullshit. The Commado sniper is a great counter sniper and as I explained already every single PE sniper counter has short range, is a vehicle and doesn't has the element of surprise so they can be countered easily.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc