Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:02:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 14, 2024, 01:23:36 pm]

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Run Gamemode : Platoon  (Read 5938 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« on: August 02, 2011, 11:25:31 am »

With an ever increasing sense of stagnation festering in the EIRR community : both in general playstyles and in the speed of development, as well as a noticed demand from the community for a slower and more infantry-centric game-mode I have decided to attempt to breathe in some fresh air via the offer to play a something a little bit different. Something that brews intensity not by requiring of you the speed to overwhelm the enemy - but one that is intense due to the ever present feeling of imminent loss.

I present to you - Platoon.

The general gist of platoon is that.. well, you get but one platoon you can use, and the only units you are allowed to use are those infantry-based. However, there is no limit of resources you can squeeze into this one platoon - so you have near-complete freedom in kitting your platoon out in the most efficient tools of destruction you can possibly fathom.

Once your platoon worth 25 popcap hits the field - that is it. It is the only thing separating you from defeat - and the enemy's platoon is the only thing there separating you from victory.

Now if I have your attention, and you are indeed interested in trying out something that will push your micro and your adrenalin, here are the rules for Platoon :

* No more than 25 popcap worth of units. That is all the units you are allowed for the game.
* No vehicles, period. Not even bikes nor kettenkrads. Yes, I know this means brits will have an "unfair" advantage in the use of recon sections, but that will be a mere factional advantage to cover for their lack of a decent mortar.
* No doctrine abilities. You can not get oversupplied, you can not get Mobile Warfare - you can't get ANYTHING that's an upper doctrine table ability.
* No off-maps. Self-explanatory : some offmaps are capable of destroying entire platoons by themselves (hi strafing run) - and as such are banned.
* All other unlocks are allowed, provided they are infantry-based. You want flamethrower sappers? Go ahead. Feel like some fallschirmjagers? Sure. Just don't go about unlocking StuHs.
* Snipers are banned. Sorry, in a game-mode where the standard sniper-hunters are forbidden, this is just a must.
* Stormtrooper cloak is allowed, BUT you are NOT allowed to move the stormtrooper squad in cloak. Ambushing from standing still is perfectly fine - just don't move.
* Suppression Fire is BANNED. Yes, I know - ever so terrible of me to do so - but I don't think one should be able to retreat an enemy squad with just the click of a button in this game-mode. However :
* Assault is BANNED. I don't think I need to explain this one much at all.
* FOO is BANNED. With the ability usually managing to suppress whatever was within it's drop radius on the first shell, it is blatantly unfair in this high-pressure environment.
* Defensive Officer arty is ALLOWED. Yes, I know, it's a lot like FOO in that it drops from an officer and everything - but it doesn't have even remotely the same kind of destructive and suppressive power as FOO. It's perfectly fair game to use this.
* KCH are NOT allowed. With their high armour and suppression resistance, on top of being low-popcap they may well be able to utterly overwhelm the allied forces (that have no SF anymore) with relative ease.
* Buildings of all types ARE allowed, provided they fit within the 25 total popcap. So, for instance you want to get an MG 42 bunker as axis - you will buy a pioneer (2 pop) and the MG42 bunker will cost another 2 pop - meaning the total popcap you're paying is 4, meaning you can't get more than 6 pioneers with a bunker each.
* Demo charges and goliaths are both allowed. However, goliaths are NOT allowed to move towards enemy units. They can, however, move from cover to cover assuming the player wants to move them to another trap.
* All support weapons are allowed, however artillery isn't. That means 88s, Howitzers, 25pdrs, Bofors, Nebelwerfers and Flakvierlings are all banned.

I think that's it.

So, anyone interested?

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 11:45:12 am »

I had an idea for something like this before, and it could indeed work.

5X MP44 PGrens with Sprint and Imcendiary Grenades anyone?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 11:51:30 am »

I had an idea for something like this before, and it could indeed work.

5X MP44 PGrens with Sprint and Imcendiary Grenades anyone?

Sure, if you don't get raped by a nice couple of interlayered MGs and a mortar.
pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 11:54:28 am »

ooo i want in!!!!!

they tell me i'm weird i tell them their normal
punkmaster Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 11:57:32 am »

I would play this game mode all day long Cheesy:D.But sad that there`s no KCH  Sad
pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 11:58:42 am »

fatherland volks\pios allowed? its doctrine unit but a t4?
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 12:00:13 pm »

Why is flakvierling considered artillery?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 12:14:18 pm »

would this game mode be more about trying to cap around, or simply annihilating your enemy?

either way i want to get into one of these games!

4v4 would be incredibly interesting.

i imagine a big focus on stealing support weapons as well.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 01:01:54 pm »

25 mine sweeper start GO
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 01:17:52 pm »

Why is flakvierling considered artillery?

Technically speaking it's Flak Anti-Air Artillery.

This is done for the sake of gameplay, though. Vierlings literally annihilate any and all infantry attempting to get near them, and without the use of vehicles or proper artillery allies would simply be fucked.

Games could be won any way you would want to. Capping, annihilating - everything is fair game. Just stick within the confines of the rules.

And yes - part of this is to make 4v4s actually interesting, and perhaps give a reason to play 1v1s as well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:24:53 pm by Mysthalin » Logged
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 03:03:08 pm »

With an ever increasing sense of stagnation festering in the EIRR community : both in general playstyles and in the speed of development
Wait what?

Other than back in the beginning of 2009, patches and development has been at an all time high.
Where you gets yo' facts lol.....

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 03:18:32 pm »

8x Terror heavy support MG's,just need focus fire back in for extra lulz...yea,come and get some! or might do 7xmg and mortar! Who beats that?

I slept great. I woke up horribly.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 03:22:43 pm »

Yeah, there are some definite holes in this gamemode that I can see already.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 03:27:35 pm »

or 12x 3man pios with flamers,duble mines,goliaths,mg bunkers,medikits  Grin
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 03:49:34 pm »

Needs to have pre set troop mixes, and be objective based.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 05:53:50 pm »

Wait what?

Other than back in the beginning of 2009, patches and development has been at an all time high.
Where you gets yo' facts lol.....

I was wondering the same thing. WTF?
We had one patch in January and April. I came on the Dev team in March and since then we have had 5 patches. Not saying that's all my doing, just saying that's what I am observing.

There is just no making some people happy I guess.....

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 06:03:38 pm »

On the topic of community run gamemodes - these are very similar to what scenarios will be (or I imagine them to be) in build 1000 (V1.0) - we need to set up a database of them
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 06:06:35 pm »

Dibs?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 06:10:09 pm »

By the way EiRRMod, did you get round to hotfixing attack/defend modes last night?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 06:10:54 pm »

Wait what?

Where you gets yo' facts lol...

A sense of the speed of development being low is perception-based. By my perceptions it is slow (lol, Airborne and Tank Hunters STILL not in?).

SmurfOrNot needs to learn to read. You are not allowed ANY doctrine abilities whatsoever. Only unlocks. Heavy Support MGs, Fatherland Defense flamethrowers and the like are literally impossible to attain, unless you cheat.

I am considering limiting MGs and certain upgrades to a maximum of 2, however(not my fault MGs are way too pop-efficient).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc