Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 02:26:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bored and tired of it...  (Read 11420 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 06:25:49 am »

If you wanna make it go faster, best way to do that is to learn a skill the mod needs and offer your serivces. Tongue

and what the mod needs? Tongue

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 06:28:45 am »

RGD coders and art people primarily. Anything else that would need to be done are subsidiary jobs of those two categories.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 06:30:23 am »

Are there any RGD tutorials?  Tongue
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 06:32:06 am »

Are there any RGD tutorials?  Tongue

BAM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQkBBZUlq8

also look at Relicnews.com they have a ton of tutorials for absolutely everything.

If anyone has modelling equipment like Scotzman, I know of modeling tutorials as well, but this is real hard stuff. Alot of them are on the COH:modern Warefare moddb page.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/company-of-heroes-modern-combat

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:33:57 am by Groundfire » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 06:50:18 am »

If you wanna make it go faster, best way to do that is to learn a skill the mod needs and offer your serivces. Tongue
and what the mod needs? Tongue

i think trolling isn't a part of it and when then its already deadbolts job  Grin
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 07:04:20 am »

Sorry Rahx, its just a bummer now.  I can see why deadbolt only trolls his way through the EIR landscape like a  fatman through a cakestore (not bakery...cakestore).   Theres nothing really fun to do and once someone comes up with something cool every one copies it.   I dont know really, im just sad of playing the same game over and over again when i keep thinking there is something more you know?

Cheesy

trolling is the only thing keeping me tied to this mod until something is implemented rawfl.

p.s on groundfires note thats why i took on mapping. sure i stole some but they still need touching up for eir gameplay, admitedly they were fail maps but even the ones people are interested in or think might have potential dont get put in.

(fuuuuuuuuuuuu unknown)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:09:17 am by deadbolt » Logged

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 07:22:55 am »

There is actually plans on making a kind of tutorial introduction thing for various aspects of the mod, RGD's, SQL etc.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 12:32:01 pm »

Cheesy

trolling is the only thing keeping me tied to this mod until something is implemented rawfl.

Exactly how I feel.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 01:00:23 pm »

Probably not, but if so, it takes almost no effort to adapt the launcher to run off it. Just gotta mainly see if the battle reporting system still works and if CoH2 will take scar coding for timers and junk. It would be work, but its not like it cant be done.

Anywho, Morka, you just gotta chillax and play for the fun of it.

You know we cant set dates for stuff. We never can keep them. Its not that we dont want to but because we all have jobs and RL shit. lol

In order to keep myself interested in the mod, I started doing content work, now look where I am. Just do something, anything, to keep you away from dwelling on those games where you wanna bash your keyboard in.

I always see you guys trying to run these little "community events" that never take off but no one ever has the drive to complete them. These are the things that keep you from getting bored of the mod, community involvement, not just sitting on the fourms, or playing games by yourself.

Tbh, I would love to see a monthly EIRR podcast. Shoot the shit with the devs, talk about the latest bullshit strats, if your lucky, I may leak patch notes, talk about reward units, etc. etc.

Just dont dwell on it. Find stuff to do. Tongue

very well said, if i had more time on my hands id love to help. but if you have any skills at all morka putting in an effort will help make things go by.

i really would like the idea of more shoutcasts/pod casts/tales of heroes or whatever style. take popular threads and talk about them, get the best players in vent and record it and discuss what companies and strats they are using.

gather these kind of things and post them on other forums/websites to get more interest in the mod.

get people together to get a real comprehensive wiki for eirr going so people can easily find the info they need about the mod/units.

there's tons of things to do!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 01:01:58 pm »

Would also be nice if PEOPLE ACTUALLY DID SHOUTCASTS LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD but hey I'm a dreamer Roll Eyes
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 01:05:19 pm »

Got no skills bro.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 04:45:53 pm »

Got no skills bro.

well then dont bitch that your bored and tired mkay?

Dont you play the piano? Send me an MP3 of your work and we'll make it the launcher background music. Wink

Who wouldnt love to listen to some Bach or somethin while we all wait for the stomps.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 04:48:27 pm »

play some bert backarack music, that shit will set us in a mood.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 05:25:28 pm »

Got no skills bro.

You were supposed to make a shoutcast. You didn't do it.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 07:00:44 pm »

Speaking of shoutcasts, what happened to ours Ground? Sad
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 07:13:01 pm »

Speaking of shoutcasts, what happened to ours Ground? Sad

holding onto it atm.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 07:52:22 pm »

You were supposed to make a shoutcast. You didn't do it.

Shut your fucking fat mouth smokaz.  We made the fuckign shoutcast, and my computer got a virus, but i still have a sliver of it left that i was able to save, and im gonna post it just prove to you asshoels that me, David, and Myst made the fucking thing.  Suck it.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 08:09:02 pm »

well then dont bitch that your bored and tired mkay?

Dont you play the piano? Send me an MP3 of your work and we'll make it the launcher background music. Wink

Who wouldnt love to listen to some Bach or somethin while we all wait for the stomps.

Ya i would love to compose a bunch of music for EIR but I cant sit around and do it for free. I went to USC and UCLA for music composition btw.  If you woudl like I could send samples, but im not about to do a project like that for free tbh. 
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 08:14:43 pm »

Ya i would love to compose a bunch of music for EIR but I cant sit around and do it for free. I went to USC and UCLA for music composition btw.  If you woudl like I could send samples, but im not about to do a project like that for free tbh. 
Yeah, and I have a double degree in Project management and Information Technology, but yet I took on this project for free Wink

I just happen to have gotten some awesome gifts because of such 'generosity' =p

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 08:25:49 pm »

Ya i would love to compose a bunch of music for EIR but I cant sit around and do it for free. I went to USC and UCLA for music composition btw.  If you woudl like I could send samples, but im not about to do a project like that for free tbh.  

Yeah, Im not asking you compose us an album. Consider it your donation and make it donation worthy.  Grin

We'll put up credits of course. Sry to say it but I dont think you can "wring" money out of us, so might as well take advantage of the launcher as a free advertising space for your talent.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:32:17 pm by Groundfire » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc