Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 04:47:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF?  (Read 7524 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« on: August 05, 2011, 01:53:55 pm »

"According to the doctor and the other people Patrick was trying to fend off the polar bear by hitting it on the nose - why, I don't know, but he did and... the polar bear attacked him with his right paw across his face and his head and his arm," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14415592

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 02:00:53 pm »

so why did they kill the bear?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »

so why did they kill the bear?

Bears and tigers both become man hunters if they taste human blood. They will abandon thier territories and hunt people down, you need to kill them no matter what.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 02:04:40 pm »

Bears and tigers both become man hunters if they taste human blood. They will abandon thier territories and hunt people down, you need to kill them no matter what.

lol. didn't know that, its a good thing then I suppose.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 07:01:57 am »

What the hell? He acted in self-defense and they shot him to death in cold blood? That's racist!

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 07:53:21 am »

i would own any bear that came at me.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 07:56:48 am »

i would own any beer that came at me.

fixed

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
velocity78 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 08:52:39 am »

Well the bear didn't really taste it...the report said it clawed him across the face and that was it.

3rdCondor- just hand out reward points and ppl will shut up 
tank130-How about people shut up and we hand out reward points... just a thought

Velocity, why you no let us do public lynching? Sad
Smurf has a serious fucking problem..
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 08:58:44 am »

It's more the fact if a bear comes into contact with a human and sees they are easy to kill, it will continue to approach them without much regard - whereas "normally" bears are afraid of humans because they haven't had much natural contact with them (and the ones that did kind of got hunted down, usually).

It's also the reason why park rangers in the USA hunt down any bear that is known to have eaten human food. Because the bear is not afraid of humans anymore - and as such, is a threat.

GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 10:46:23 am »

why don't they start shooting thosee thieves,thugs and drug smugglers  too coz they r also not afraid of none just like bears ,people can kill the bear coz they cannot talk like humen nor protest  or can be taken to the court
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:48:37 am by GORKHALI » Logged

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 10:57:06 am »

It's more the fact if a bear comes into contact with a human and sees they are easy to kill, it will continue to approach them without much regard - whereas "normally" bears are afraid of humans because they haven't had much natural contact with them (and the ones that did kind of got hunted down, usually).

It's also the reason why park rangers in the USA hunt down any bear that is known to have eaten human food. Because the bear is not afraid of humans anymore - and as such, is a threat.

Maybe dumbass american park rangers who spend most of the year in cities do that. But countries with real bear experiance know that the bear only becomes a threat when its tasted blood, at which point it becomes 1000 pounds of solid muscle death.

Tasting human food makes them lose thier fear? hahahahahah just bang two pots together and fear is back and the bear is running
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:00:03 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 11:07:29 am »

why don't they start shooting thosee thieves,thugs and drug smugglers  too coz they r also not afraid of none just like bears ,people can kill the bear coz they cannot talk like humen nor protest  or can be taken to the court
I think Criminality is a pretty cool guy. eh kills policemen and doesnt afraid of anything
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 11:17:55 am »

Ok lol, you don't know for a fact whether it has tasted the blood or hasn't, you have no evidence it has or hasn't, yet it was right on a human so it could have, isn't it better to not take the chance?

Unless you one of those people who put furry animals>people. Tongue

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 11:22:01 am »

Who needs bears anyways. Fish,Berrie and stuff stealing rascals.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 11:53:46 am »

i would own any bear that came on me.

Fixed.

come at me bro

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 12:17:57 pm »

Fixed.

come on me bro

kekeke, guess we can only change 1 word so i shall sacrifice spelling
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 02:47:24 pm »

Maybe dumbass american park rangers who spend most of the year in cities do that. But countries with real bear experiance know that the bear only becomes a threat when its tasted blood, at which point it becomes 1000 pounds of solid muscle death.

Tasting human food makes them lose thier fear? hahahahahah just bang two pots together and fear is back and the bear is running
[/quote

What hick park rangers in the US do.. I'm home, Wilma!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 02:57:24 pm »

I've stumbled across quite a few bears.

I'd knife fight a black bear if it came to that. But I wouldn't fuck with a grizzly or anything like that, they'd kill you without even breaking a sweat. They don't actually kill most bears they transport them.

Unlike alot of other animals out there Bears exhibit very individualistic behavior. Most bears behave radically different then others you might have encountered. It's not that they taste blood and suddenly go into a frenzy, it's simply that they've now identified a source of food. Oftentimes bears are transported elsewhere and everything turns out ok.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 03:00:58 pm »

The Burn Bear testing system. I shank it a few times, if it gives in its fit for Life.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 07:12:43 pm »

It's not that they taste blood and suddenly go into a frenzy, it's simply that they've now identified a source of food. Oftentimes bears are transported elsewhere and everything turns out ok.

Too be quite honest this just isnt true, we dont know what happens/why when they taste blood. But they WILL start hunting, and will stick to hunting people after thier taste. Sharks, except for Great Whites may accidentally attack and eat a person, but they will not affect thier eating patterns like a bear or tiger will. While bear attacks are alot less well documented (and usually easier contained), they seem similiar to tiger attacks where the some of the worst cases have killed 400+ lives before they are taken out.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:18:27 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc