Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 02:30:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few Question about CoH: EiR.R  (Read 6048 times)
MajorBookworm Offline
EIR Regular

« on: August 06, 2011, 09:16:30 pm »

Hi all
As a new player ive got a few Q's about what makes EiR different from vCoh.

1. Have the doctrines been changed and how are they used in the mod?

2. What new units have been added and do you need Tov for units like the Gwagon and Hellcat?

3. Why do the unit populations appear to be different? (especilly Vehicles)

4. Is population the only thing restriction the frequency of of platoon callins or is thier a cool down?

5. And finally, does it have a seperate desktop launcher or does it add itself to the vCoH one?

-Damnit Caboose, what did you order this time!
 - Nothing.
- Caboose...
 - I promise you that you will not see anything show up that i ordered, nothing at all... for at least six to eight weeks.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 09:25:42 pm »

Hi all
As a new player ive got a few Q's about what makes EiR different from vCoh.

1. Have the doctrines been changed and how are they used in the mod?

2. What new units have been added and do you need Tov for units like the Gwagon and Hellcat?

3. Why do the unit populations appear to be different? (especilly Vehicles)

4. Is population the only thing restriction the frequency of of platoon callins or is thier a cool down?

5. And finally, does it have a seperate desktop launcher or does it add itself to the vCoH one?

1) doctrines have been changed significantly but each has their vcoh trademarks like Pershing for Armor, Tiger for Blitz

2) there are quite a few new units for instance Commando Jeeps, Fallschirmjager Tankbuster Squads, US Infantry Command section. On the left side of the website click Unit Price list and it will show all faction units

3) Pop is different for balance.

4) The more platoons you call on during a game, the higher the delay until they actually arrive on field.

5) It adds itself to the vcoh one thru a command line "E:\THQ\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -mod EuropeInRuins <<as example. I think you have to create it yourself

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:28:34 pm »

1.  Yes, this is too much to answer in short. Suffice to say, they are very different and our doctrines are much more expansive.

2.  You don't NEED any particular units, but you are expected to have TOV or OF by copyright demands if you use them. Currently there seems to be no monitoring of this from EIRR or Relic, but no doubt a newer game would have demanded action if expansion content was made available through a vanilla-using mod.

3.  The unit populations are based around the starting pop of 25, and the end of 40.

4.  Callin time increases based on previous callins.

5.  Separate desktop launcher

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 09:45:18 pm »

I use the same name for every company. I do it because I've developed an attachment for the name. When I've played games competitively in the past it was always a moniker people could recognize me with. I've stumbled into many people from many different games who know me from something different.

Not only that but I keep the same name because in my position it allows people to recognize me quickly.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 11:39:33 pm »

Check out this thread:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=11023.0

and this one:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=11022.0

It should visually show you that this is more than just a normal, COH mod.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 11:40:27 pm »

Oh, this vid is good too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26USk603vK4
MajorBookworm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 12:01:30 am »

Thanks Guys Just a couple more questions

1. Are Pgrens 5 man squads now or 4 becuase the unit list says five but on the shoutcasts im only seeing 4 man teams?

2. Can you reinfoce on the field. e.g. with halftracks?

3. If there are no resources how do you use off-map arty like firestorm and Strafing runs?
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 12:41:11 am »

1. Are Pgrens 5 man squads now or 4 becuase the unit list says five but on the shoutcasts im only seeing 4 man teams?

3. If there are no resources how do you use off-map arty like firestorm and Strafing runs?

1) Pgren are 4 men but 5 pop

2) No reinforcement at all

3) Every off map gets 1 free use and you have to pay SP for every use after up to a maximum of 3 (SP is bought with PP. You get PP for every game, the higher your opposing team's level the more PP you get)
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 12:43:40 am »

PGrens are 4 man squads, however, they are significantly different to the vCOH ones (not sure of specifics) - but these ins and outs will not be apparent until you play a few games.

No.  All units are purchased before hand, and you are limited to what you can field at any one time via your popcap max (starts at 25, goes to 40 - it goes up faster the more territory you control.)

These are purchased before game using 'SP' (support points).  You purchase SP on the company screen, and spend them before the game is launched into COH.

Think of this mod as a realtime computerised tabletop game, where you make up your army list beforehand and then do battle.  The tactic is to out attrition your enemy, or choke his ability to field an effective force through controlling more sectors than they do (thus getting to 40 quicker, and then your excess is taken off their popcap).
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 12:48:55 am »

or to make your opponent rage quit ,  best way to win   Grin

MajorBookworm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 01:01:00 am »

Lol, Grin

thanks guys
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 02:08:17 am »

+1

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 03:13:40 am »

+2

why is everyone except me retarded?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 04:19:55 am »

think brns first post is in the wrong thread Tongue

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
MajorBookworm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 04:33:07 am »

One finally Question  Grin

Where do i save the download files to?

thanks
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 04:43:23 am »

One finally Question  Grin

Where do i save the download files to?

thanks
Not 100% sure what you mean?  Where do you install it?  Into your COH folder, be warned though, the folder selection installer bit is a tad wonky, and you need to make sure that you install to the same Dir that 'RelicCOH.exe' is in.

After installation, if the 'Autoupdater.exe' is NOT in the same dir as 'RelicCOH.exe' - its in the wrong place.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 09:13:41 am »

Not trying to be mean at all, but fyi, plan to lose your first hundred or so games (literally). I used to think I was hot shit, then realized that I was about as low on the totem pole as physically possible. Tbh I still suck ass at EiR even after a few months Tongue. Its a big learning curve!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:18:25 am by TheVolskinator » Logged

I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
MajorBookworm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 03:40:27 am »

Not 100% sure what you mean?  Where do you install it?  Into your COH folder, be warned though, the folder selection installer bit is a tad wonky, and you need to make sure that you install to the same Dir that 'RelicCOH.exe' is in.

After installation, if the 'Autoupdater.exe' is NOT in the same dir as 'RelicCOH.exe' - its in the wrong place.

Sorry i'll try rephrasing. When i click download now on the mods home page and it comes up with a small window saying Run-Save-Cancel and i click Save i want to know exactly where i save it to?
Do i save into My Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes or is it somewhere else?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 04:09:29 am »

Doesn't matter where you save it to, that's only the installer.
MajorBookworm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 04:21:27 am »

Thanks Dude Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc