Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 10:33:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allow EIR to play against difficult computers.  (Read 16915 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 06:42:20 pm »

What about coop 'scenarios' similar to joint ops? But with your ''limited'' company

That was the idea behind them yeah.

Scenario with strict(er) Availability

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »

Survival or defense mode games vs AI would be sick. You have normal pop/unit limitations, but the AI spawns nastier and nastier shit, with no pop limitation.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 07:30:52 pm »

You really think stomping noobs is fun?
super easy games are one of the most boring thing in this mod and is one of the main reason to not play against Smurfs, you have noidea who is actuly new or good so if you get into a game of new people the games are just slow unintresting and actionless and the only reason why you would play them is for XP on units but there is no real reason why you would want to play stomps unless you suck yourself and the only way to boost your own ego is to stomp people worse than you.

OH LOOK HERE, I JUST STOMPED SOME PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PLAY THIS MOD OR EVEN COH SO I MUST BE GOOD.
LET ME JUST SHOWE MY DICK DOWN YOUR EARS AND FORCE YOU TO LISTEN TO MY SCREACING VOICE TROUGH YOUR HEADPHONES!!

So your saying stomps in EIR don't happen and is not a problem.  So there is no point in trying to prevent them because they don't exist.. Who are you.. Obama?  The recession doesn't exist.. look over here its shiny..  Come on, you can't honestly believe this.

AI in the game can help stem the tide of the stomping and perhaps even grow your player base.  Many of many of many of players I am sure tried the game out...  Got stomped 5-6 times after waiting forever for a game and basically decided to say fuck this shit..  not fun..  Well who fucking blames them.. 

So 1 out of a 1000 players end up playing regular.  Well, damn, if only you could undo it the ratio ends up being 1`out of 10 players..  ....  That would be huge..  And no better time than to use the new WARMAP features to help implement this because EIR would be a completely different game so folks that got facefucked by the likes of guys quoted above may have the heart to try the mod again but won't hang out if its not fun.. AKA getting face-fucked by a bunch of elite trolls that want to stomp them. 

The dream is to be grand eh?  Well you need players that enjoy the game.  Telling a new player that they have to get face-fucked for the next 12 months straight before they can actually enjoy the game is not a way to convince anyone in playing a game that is suppose to be fun...  Just my 2 cents..  I feel the WARMAP is the last chance for redemption to make it great..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:39:15 pm by Jstek » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 07:33:12 pm »

Where's the shiny?!

I want to give it to Morka as a gift!

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 07:35:44 pm »

Survival or defense mode games vs AI would be sick. You have normal pop/unit limitations, but the AI spawns nastier and nastier shit, with no pop limitation.
Id make it increasing pop, depending on time - simulating reinforcements slowly arriving.

The longer you survived, the higher your score / end result.

That'd be a fun / first attempt at a scenario AI for EIRR I believe.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 07:36:54 pm »

So your saying stomps in EIR don't happen and is not a problem.  So there is no point in trying to prevent them because they don't exist.. Who are you.. Obama?  The recession doesn't exist.. look over here its shiny..  Come on, you can't honestly believe this.
I think you missed the sarcasm on his post tbfh...
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 07:38:57 pm »

Well the way I see it is kind of like the old D-Day map: Starts off with just infantry, then more inafntry, then heavy infantry, light vehicles, heavy vehicles, and it just gets harder and harder with hordes of enemy swarming in. Granted, as you can get a pair ostwinds in an initial call in, they'd need AT guns as well, but put it on semi-fixed spawn timers so you can't just have top T4 FSJ TB with a full sniper spam teammate to slowly but invincibly wear them down...
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 07:46:39 pm »

And no better time than to use the new WARMAP features to help implement this because EIR would be a completely different game......

Ummmm, hate to burst your bubble, but the warmap is an addition to the mod. It will not be a completely different game when it gets here.
In fact, you will have an option whether you want to be involved in the warmap or not.

Just sayin.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 07:49:58 pm »

In fact, you will have an option whether you want to be involved in the warmap or not.

Just sayin.
Sort of.

You can actively NOT use these parts - but that'd kinda be on par with choosing not to use the advantages page....
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 08:23:00 pm »

So give them a choice.. Let them choose Warmap goodness.. or limited companies. 
Warmap goodness will require 100% automatch though.  But you can still stomp comps or noobs (i dont advice it though) under limited mode.

Yes.. That sounds like a completely different game to me!
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 08:46:12 pm »

There should be no reward for playing vs the AI at all, it's not a challenge.

Players who have a clue take about 10 games to get decent. If you need help with something ask, most people are willing to help someone pay better if they ask and show a willingness to try.

I just started HoN, and got stomped my first 20 games because I was learning, I'm still not good but I'm a hell of a lot better.

Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 08:48:29 pm »

And nothing can be done to make it a challenge, amirite?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 08:53:16 pm »

Nope, AI doesn't think. All it can do is cheat. Worst case scenario you farm it for xp and exit. Free vet 3.for all!
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 08:55:58 pm »

While I agree that its not a challenge (for a moderately or competent player).

You are still able to glean effectiveness and time soaked which can then calculate a suitable reward.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 08:59:10 pm »

Nope, AI doesn't think. All it can do is cheat. Worst case scenario you farm it for xp and exit. Free vet 3.for all!

Herpaderp, inability to think beyond your own face FTL.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 09:10:25 pm »

Lol, when was AI ever a challenge? Maybe if you give it infinite stuff to throw at you. Even then, farm and retreat. Is exploitable, the same reason that 1v1 gives nothing worth the time.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 12:05:08 am »

yay now i can get everything to vet 3 in one game with no risk!

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 12:06:27 am »

but wat if aee is smaert

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 05:00:42 am »

Do you really want compstompers filling up 90% of the games? You can rarely find a game on blitzkrieg mod or eastern front mod because of this. I don't think we should bring that to EIR.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:03:07 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 08:35:57 am »

So your saying stomps in EIR don't happen and is not a problem.  So there is no point in trying to prevent them because they don't exist.. Who are you.. Obama?  The recession doesn't exist.. look over here its shiny..  Come on, you can't honestly believe this.

AI in the game can help stem the tide of the stomping and perhaps even grow your player base.  Many of many of many of players I am sure tried the game out...  Got stomped 5-6 times after waiting forever for a game and basically decided to say fuck this shit..  not fun..  Well who fucking blames them.. 

So 1 out of a 1000 players end up playing regular.  Well, damn, if only you could undo it the ratio ends up being 1`out of 10 players..  ....  That would be huge..  And no better time than to use the new WARMAP features to help implement this because EIR would be a completely different game so folks that got facefucked by the likes of guys quoted above may have the heart to try the mod again but won't hang out if its not fun.. AKA getting face-fucked by a bunch of elite trolls that want to stomp them. 

The dream is to be grand eh?  Well you need players that enjoy the game.  Telling a new player that they have to get face-fucked for the next 12 months straight before they can actually enjoy the game is not a way to convince anyone in playing a game that is suppose to be fun...  Just my 2 cents..  I feel the WARMAP is the last chance for redemption to make it great..

When did i say stomps did not happen?
they happen so fucking often and i hate them, you have any fucking idea how many people from Coh i have gotten to come and play it and helpd them and yet they leave few seckonds later?
27, and you might say " Ohhh you just suck at this mod and should get someone else the help them" well Ground and Brn are not online every fucking day of the week so you just have to stick with me as your Shitty guide to this downtrotten mess of a mod.

Allso i did not say anything against AIs or anything else but i was just saying that stomps are not as fun as you say they are tbh, if you stomp good players like Smurf, Smokaz and deadbolt in the same game you should be proud but if they are like Noob1, Noob2, Noob3 Youd be better off just not playing that game.

Stomps are not fun nomatter how you sugarcoat  it, we should go with my old idea of making a team of players that have access to the smurf finder that would join anygame if they would find a noob in a bad scenerio, ofcourse this would not be foolproof but would help people to have fun in games even tough they would lose games but atleast they would get some good advise from people and have fun.

more to add yay: if everyone new would have games like i had when i started to a player so good and commanding and advice giving that i had would make the community alot bigger and enjoy their games alot more, getting that sexy voiced Gaming mastermind back and make him help noobs like he helped me would make the community a Wonderfull place again instead of scaring away the fun and good people that are just lookign for a good time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:58:56 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc