Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 06:32:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Including Aircraft as units.  (Read 10811 times)
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 02:02:22 pm »

Well I kind of liked my idea and stuff, but of course if the almighty DarkSoldier who controls all things EiR says it's improbable, it must be so, right?
I logged on speciffically to awnser this question:

Firstly*i have tried all this myself before you call bs *
It is impossible without making your owns animations which would take hours even months of unnecceesay work and thats just to get them floating in the air ,you see the problem is no units made by relic had to continously go forward so the units stop which cant be done with an aicraft

Hope that clears things up

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 02:11:59 pm »

See vermilion?

He had the same problem I had interpreting what you posted.

Royal, he wants to tie offmaps to planes but not make them selectable. Which IDK if thats possible.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 02:14:49 pm »

I logged on speciffically to awnser this question:

Firstly*i have tried all this myself before you call bs *
It is impossible without making your owns animations which would take hours even months of unnecceesay work and thats just to get them floating in the air ,you see the problem is no units made by relic had to continously go forward so the units stop which cant be done with an aicraft

Hope that clears things up

I figured as much.

The planes dont need to continuiously move forward, it's just gotta appear like the planes are flying at a high altitude so that the whole thing doesnt look BS.

The whole thing would be pretty much ghetto thrown togather, but im sure that players have enough imagination to cope with the visual inadequacies if we can make the game play fun.

We have enough types of planes now to make a decent cross type rock/paper/scissors type meta game.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 02:15:26 pm »

Well then im awnsering this topic tbh  Tongue

Also there combat would be screwed aswell as coh units can just rotate on the spot it'd be rather gay if the boogie just 180 degreewtfpwned your guy behind him
(in response to the thread)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 02:36:17 pm »

See vermilion?

He had the same problem I had interpreting what you posted.

Royal, he wants to tie offmaps to planes but not make them selectable. Which IDK if thats possible.

You know, you'd think it wouldn't be a hard post to understand, considering I fully explained my idea in said post, but I suppose the confusion would stem from a lack of proper literary skills.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 02:39:19 pm »

You know, you'd think it wouldn't be a hard post to understand, considering I fully explained my idea in said post, but I suppose the confusion would stem from a lack of proper literary skills.
So you say me and royal hants are stupid?

If you knew common sense you would know I was replying to the idea of the thread in my 2nd post but you know derp noobs like you DK how to read. So your derpness decided to reply trying to defend your idea but make no attempt to reference it.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »

I had this one idea concerning aircraft. Aircraft would be purchased in the company window, but they would not be placed in a battalion, and would instead be placed in a special category. To use any airplane-based functions, such as any plane-based off map or a paradrop, you would need to have at least one airplane selected in this manner. Additional airplanes purchased would be like "safety nets" in case one plane is shot down. Airplanes would gain veterancy (cool down reduction, maybe +1 off maps at level 3) for kills from their offmaps and get maybe +2 exp per squad paradropped.

This would make playing as air-based doctrines much more interesting, and it would also serve the dual purpose of making anti-air much more meaningful on the battlefield.
Interesting Idea.

I'll have a look at the possibilities of tracking a planes 'xp' and death and see if its even possible at a later date.  But if so, you could have come up with a very expansive, and interesting idea.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 02:45:15 pm »

Well I'm glad I came up with at least one good idea.

And Dark, it was my mistake to believe you were referring to my post as well (your general haughty dismissiveness), but it was your foolishness to not bother to even read my post.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 02:52:47 pm »

And Dark, it was my mistake to believe you were referring to my post as well (your general haughty dismissiveness), but it was your foolishness to not bother to even read my post.
Why bother to think about your post when I am refering to the main idea of the thread :|

Same thing RoyalHants would see. He sees me reply to the threads idea and you defended your own. And I did read your post, just disregarded it as that wasn't what I was talking about.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 03:01:57 pm »

Dark, I like you, but shh.

Vermillion, shh.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 03:22:46 pm »

You seem to enjoy putting down others...

Are you doing this becuase your deep down insecure about yourself?

But yea. Planes is a compalicated idea, it would add an entire new area to balance and imo we dont have the time or manpower to get into that right now.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 03:43:41 pm »

*Puts fingers in ears*
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

But seriously, can the trolls just go die in a fire plz?
/Offtopicrant

There are mods out there that allow planes to be selectable, its odd and clunky, but thats doable.  We're probably NOT going to do it however, as it wont really add much to the gameplay mechanics.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 04:29:29 pm »

*Puts fingers in ears*
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

But seriously, can the trolls just go die in a fire plz?
/Offtopicrant

There are mods out there that allow planes to be selectable, its odd and clunky, but thats doable.  We're probably NOT going to do it however, as it wont really add much to the gameplay mechanics.

Use my spray

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 05:24:41 pm »

A decent AA unit for brits need to be added, no doubt. hard to say if wehr needs one

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:08 pm »

Look how easy it was to go off-topic in 3 pages. Well done, trolls. Instead of commenting on the concept I put up, you guys just slung mud at eachother for nothing. Wth is wrong with you guys, cant you stay on a SINGLE effing topic for longer then a page? All that was needed was the FIRST post that replied to the OP, "Nope, prolly wont work in EiR, next" or w.e it was. Then there's 3 pages of crap I didnt even bother to read behind it. Srsly guys... -.-

I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »

I am going to rant on you guys going offtopic by going offtopic myself.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 07:48:13 pm »

A decent AA unit for brits need to be added, no doubt. hard to say if wehr needs one

Bofors.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 07:58:37 pm »

Bofors.
Looking at stats bofurs is a OK choice depending on the situation.

If the plane stays at long range it will have moderate chance of destroying it.

If the plane moves say over its precise location then its chances of success are very limited, as at close and medium your chances of hitting it are 30%~45% and then you would have to turn more to engage target.

And lets not forget it isn't mobile :| but I believe somewhere a dev said they are looking into mobile forms of emplacements and that includes the bofurs.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011, 03:32:37 am »

Look how easy it was to go off-topic in 3 pages. Well done, trolls. Instead of commenting on the concept I put up, you guys just slung mud at eachother for nothing. Wth is wrong with you guys, cant you stay on a SINGLE effing topic for longer then a page? All that was needed was the FIRST post that replied to the OP, "Nope, prolly wont work in EiR, next" or w.e it was. Then there's 3 pages of crap I didnt even bother to read behind it. Srsly guys... -.-

I've told you before to expect it, don't see why you still get so upset by it.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 08:25:12 am »

I've told you before to expect it, don't see why you still get so upset by it.
His idea was answered page 1 lol. He shouldn't be getting mad at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc