Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:55:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: How did you find out about EIR?
ModDB - 16 (40%)
A forum (relicnews, gamereplays, other) - 10 (25%)
Friend suggestion - 7 (17.5%)
Other (please specify) - 7 (17.5%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A quick survey  (Read 7929 times)
roflmao Offline
Professional Buttkicker.

« on: August 25, 2011, 09:57:07 am »

Collecting some information to determine where most of our traffic comes from. Might help us boost traffic.
If you choose Other, please elaborate in a post Smiley.

Thanks!
- roflmao.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:03:29 am »

ModDB

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:05:50 am »

I wiggled and collided with EIRR at one point of time. Then I just scooped it up from Modbd and I liked what I saw. Then Youtube and watched the training videos etc. I loved the idea and the build and what could stop me from signing in? The fact that the mod was down!

Well it was restarted at point of X then I joined it with a friend of mine. Begun to explore the new world of wonders and started playing, playing, playing,playing and getting owned all the time. Well, one could say I finally learned to win at few points when the community known stompers didn't get to eat up a free win muffin when some random ally X joined the game vs me and my buddy :p

Good ol times

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:08:35 am »

I wiggled and collided with EIRR at one point of time. Then I just scooped it up from Modbd and I liked what I saw. Then Youtube and watched the training videos etc. I loved the idea and the build and what could stop me from signing in? The fact that the mod was down!

Well it was restarted at point of X then I joined it with a friend of mine. Begun to explore the new world of wonders and started playing, playing, playing,playing and getting owned all the time. But then I learned to host defend games on RTC. From that point its been hapiness all over.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 10:23:49 am »

OMG mod

I was getting pwned over and over again and even better with the kick from game function if i would say i was new i would get kicked from games or if someone else said "Spilarinn sucks" i would get kicked from games.
one day after finding out i could change names i made TheIcelandicManiac for fun to see if i would be able to get games that way and i did for a while untill some respected idiot "pro" decided to park his KT behind my pak and even after many warinings that the pathing would get fucked for the KT he just ignored me and then couple of M10s came and Roflpwned it regardless that my pak killed 3 of them.
then i was going trough the chat i found the sentance "Go back to EIR you noob" and then i asked what EIR was and someone was nice enough to tell me all about it and how it is better in some ways and so i went to take a look there, after downloading and finally getting a game i vent into a game with a guy with the most sexy voice i have ever heard and he was Quite the pro in the game but i never saw him again for he was getting married or going to a marrige, cant remember but shortly after my first game i went into a couple of games against and with Groundfire whitch was kind enough to teach me loads of tactics i could use and then i just stayed and played for a whole year.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:26:56 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 10:44:31 am »

EuropeInRuinscom

nuff said
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 10:51:01 am »

EuropeInRuinscom

nuff said

Cool

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 12:12:36 pm »

OMG. Tried it out, then EIR died for a weekend. "OMG OMG is filled with EIR nubs" "WUTS EIR"

"ooh, shiny"

And here I am.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 12:19:34 pm »

OMG. Tried it out, then EIR died for a weekend. "OMG OMG is filled with EIR nubs" "WUTS EIR"

"ooh, shiny"

And here I am.
Best life story ever

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 12:20:42 pm »

Googled CoH mods.

First mod on the list: Europe in Ruins.

Here I stand.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 12:42:10 pm »

ahhhhahahh icelandic that is ridiculous!

i really have to rack my brain to figure this one out... i think it was from the GR forums WAYYYYYYY back when, I had just moved to NYC so that was like 2006/2007, then I think I hopped on moddb to find out more.

I trolled the forums for some time and dicked around with making companies, wasnt until a few months later i actually played the mod and fell in love. Racking up 30 losses for every win (i was a comp stomping noob, then scheldt noob) i started getting much better, then i went back to vcoh and started playing 1v1s got to a decent rank and came back to EIR, then I was finally a mediocre coh/eir player!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
punkmaster Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 01:35:36 pm »

MoDDB
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 02:14:04 pm »

i found eir before i even got opposing fronts. i bought OF to play eir and i never played a mp game b4 i played eir, so i pretty much sucked hard.

i found it thru moddb, mainly cuz i know like 2 guys from there so i always use it. i thought it was like risk at first and i thought it was the coolest thing...i was sorta disapointed it wasn't what i thought but now its turning into that <3 EIRRmod

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 03:31:23 pm »

I used to hang out at Forum planet and played VCoH with VictorTarget & Wildsolous a lot.
Victortarget found the mod and we followed.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 03:42:29 pm »

ahhhhahahh icelandic that is ridiculous!

how so?
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 04:01:19 pm »

I think it goes like this

Two brought keeps, keeps brought me, I brought smokaz. Our first 4v4 was an attack game on abbeville winter vs unknown schultz draken and some other mad stacker. Then me and smokaz proceeded to attack draken and schultz on rtc until..too long. After several games we had our first 'achievement' when smokaz started writing caps on xfire going something like this

smokazcoh:OMG
smokazcoh:I GOT A VET 1 SHERMAN U NOOB

And then we eventually did stick around

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 04:59:40 pm »

vetted shermans are still quite rare
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 05:06:31 pm »

I was looking for a mod that gave a 'setup time' for base building I think it was, which gave something like 5-10 mins to setup defences etc on your half of the map.

Then I found vEIR - and was in love from the first minute.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 05:14:50 pm »

Trolled moddb as ya do when your bored, saw eirr , looked at some screenshots and became absolutely confused about what it was about from what i can remeber i thought it was a mod where you have 1 unit and it gains veterancy, so i registerd and during the time it was downloading i looked at the shoutcast tutorial and i think i caught on, played my first game Tym,me,Fireflydivision vs 3 axis can't remeber them 2x firefly start ftl yet we somehow won  Huh Huh which was probably the only reason i stayed on
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 05:36:54 pm »

Various mentions of it on the CoHO forums directed me here.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc