Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:18:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logic  (Read 7494 times)
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« on: September 05, 2011, 07:57:10 pm »

Playing Europe in Ruins a modification for Company of Heroes which enables persistency.

Have Vet 3 and 2 Squads, which, wanting to let survive for the next game because of the idea of persistency, retreat off the field at 3 4 or occasionally 5 men depending on the situation.

Get called a Vet whore for preserving my vet in a persistency mod.

Wut.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:05:27 pm »

Just because its a persistency mod doesn't make you immune to being called a vet whore.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 08:06:15 pm »

You just gained + 5 being called a Vet Whore XP!

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »

Do the creep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 08:28:26 pm »

lol you let the trolls get to you

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:31:04 pm »

Did you lose the game?

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:32:26 pm »

I'm not claiming to know the circumstances, but it's fair to feel frustration when your ally is retreating units that could still be fighting, and would happily throw a game if it preserved his vet. I mean it's a persistancy mod, but the aim is to win, is it not?!
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 08:42:19 pm »

I'm not claiming to know the circumstances, but it's fair to feel frustration when your ally is retreating units that could still be fighting, and would happily throw a game if it preserved his vet. I mean it's a persistancy mod, but the aim is to win, is it not?!

That is true, and I myself am willing to admit I've done this a couple of times, but being called a vet whore for retreating a 2 man vet 3 squad is a bit... odd I guess..

Tongue
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 08:48:41 pm »

That is true, and I myself am willing to admit I've done this a couple of times, but being called a vet whore for retreating a 2 man vet 3 squad is a bit... odd I guess..

Tongue

Well it's tricky. Some players believe in no preservation and are 100% on winning games, others believe vet somehow helps to win games. I mean really, your riflemen will still be suppressed by a hmg at vet 0 or vet 3! Everyone has different views on what is acceptable and not. Really, if you're winning a game by that much that it's a sure victory, you can retreat a 4 man ranger squad if it's done its job -- there is no reason for you to risk losing it. If, however, it's the 40th minute and your 4 man ranger squad is the last AT left on the field, then it's in your teams best interest to keep it around Tongue. I think it's most likely that your teammate just got mad because you were losing or something.

It feels better not having vet, because you're never frustrated when it gets owned =p.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 10:46:17 pm »

IDK, I'm not SCARED of losing vet, but I'll sure as fuck retreat if the squad's about to die. For squads where member count doesn't matter (AT, essentially) I'll keep them on at 2 men until they're in imminent danger of dying.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 11:10:00 pm »

Who cares about vet, need to win. I hate how vetting units cost a game. Your team8 vetting units and you are losing everything. So smart team play! Whats the point to have all vetted coy and always lose games?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:13:09 pm by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 12:24:27 am »

Who cares about vet, need to win. I hate how vetting units cost a game. Your team8 vetting units and you are losing everything. So smart team play! Whats the point to have all vetted coy and always lose games?
If I start tracking / changing vet loss on retreat - Ima gonna give a medal for the biggest coward Wink
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 12:40:25 am »

You dont even need to track that: It's Armedshit.

Commiekiller and KKND come very close.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 01:56:46 am »

Aloha will never be topped, sry

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 06:50:14 am »

Well, I must be doing something right as my blitz company has a 1.7 W/L ratio... and not a single vet 3 unit... vet 2's are an extreme rarity  Wink

Agreesive play is more fun than trying to save veterans to be honest...

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 07:02:05 am »

Agreesive play

this ^

is more fun.

and that ^

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 09:29:13 am »

1. Vet is useful

2. Zontar, when you get called a vetwhore look at who is calling you one (8thrifle)

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 09:53:24 am »

You are being called a vet whore because the enemy team is jealous of the fact that you can keep your stuff alive when they can't.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 12:06:25 pm »

Playing Europe in Ruins a modification for Company of Heroes which enables persistency.

Have Vet 3 and 2 Squads, which, wanting to let survive for the next game because of the idea of persistency, retreat off the field at 3 4 or occasionally 5 men depending on the situation.

Get called a Vet whore for preserving my vet in a persistency mod.

Wut.

Playing a team game where the purpose (superficially) is to win.

Take an action that is sub-optimal for winning.

And you are surprised your teammates criticize you?

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 12:33:54 pm »

depending on the unit i dont care if it lives. atg crews i try to keep alive because they become way more useful at vet 2 and 3. See what my vet 3 pak40 does to a pershing or churchill or heck even a panther.

vet 3 57mm's and 6 pdr's work wonders on heavy tanks as well.

riflemen aren't a big deal, but tommy's are real tough with vet, dont care about sappers. Tanks yes, artillery not so much without the cooldowns but are fun to have to show how epic you are.

i also love to have vet to bait certain vet hunting players after it cuz they get a hard on from killing them, which is the best thing about vet.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc