Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:29:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LV repair  (Read 11794 times)
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 01:52:51 pm »

Seeing as my old M8 company was the only tangible thing to be mentioned in this thread...

I'll just point out that my M8 company was largely based on :
Micro (80 average APM as opposed to my "general" average of 60),
flanking and never attacking head on (the reason WHY it was oh so annoying to face),
used traps to take out enemy tanks (mines and then hound the shit out of the enemy),
other strategic abilities (like avoiding parts of the map not suited for combat like urban territories).

Don't assume that spamming automatically and indisputably means the player has no other option but to charge the enemy head-on screaming LEEROY JENKINS!! slobbering saliva all over the place. In my time most of the greatest tactical and strategic gems that I have witnessed have been born out of people using some sort of spam or gimmick.
You should do EiR skillz section on your formspring

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 02:01:09 pm »

You should return to EiR

Fix'd.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 02:09:49 pm »

Seeing as my old M8 company was the only tangible thing to be mentioned in this thread...

I'll just point out that my M8 company was largely based on :
Micro (80 average APM as opposed to my "general" average of 60),
flanking and never attacking head on (the reason WHY it was oh so annoying to face),
used traps to take out enemy tanks (mines and then hound the shit out of the enemy),
other strategic abilities (like avoiding parts of the map not suited for combat like urban territories).

Don't assume that spamming automatically and indisputably means the player has no other option but to charge the enemy head-on screaming LEEROY JENKINS!! slobbering saliva all over the place. In my time most of the greatest tactical and strategic gems that I have witnessed have been born out of people using some sort of spam or gimmick.

All you have proven is that your spammed worked and the steps you needed to take to make it work.

Arguably, chess is known as the most strategic game in the world. Two players with exactly the same pieces, with exactly the same abilities, played on exactly the same board every time and the ability to see your enemy at all times. Yet each game can be vastly different and the battle is won by strategy and skill. Did chess die because of this? I don't think so. I believe millions of people are still playing it.

Now take the skill and strategy of chess, add the randomness of dice rolls, differing units, and multiple playing boards; but eliminate spamming of specific units (hard cap). I hardly think you have a game that would die.......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 02:13:47 pm »

Arguably, chess is known as the most strategic game in the world. Two players with exactly the same pieces, with exactly the same abilities, played on exactly the same board every time and the ability to see your enemy at all times. Yet each game can be vastly different and the battle is won by strategy and skill.

make eirr like that Tongue
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 02:15:02 pm »

make eirr like that Tongue

For fuck sakes, don't just quote that. Some dumbass will come in here and think that's what the dev team is doing......lol
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 02:20:26 pm »

that's what the dev team is doing

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 04:08:12 pm »

A civil war gamemode would be pretty cool. Also it would fix a lot of balance problems. If I remember correctly there was a mod that actually implemented this, has anyone gotten the chance to play it?

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 04:46:03 pm »

someone is bored

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 04:46:29 am »

Arguably, chess is known as the most strategic game in the world.

Lies!

Initiative conveys an advantage. Also, Go is a far more ancient and indepth game. I love Chess but Go games are far more mentally strenuous

I digress.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 05:43:37 am »

Also it would fix a lot of balance problems.
liek what  for  instance?

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 08:10:46 am »

I say start with the first step of giving some LV's, look close to which ones (for sure the Quad and M8), a medium repair kit instead of a light one.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 08:16:23 am »

dont see nothing wrong with that.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 06:38:09 am »

Wouldn't mind the LV repair kit just being extended to give more health, because sometimes you don't even get the 50 cal back on the m8 because of the lack of full repair from the kit.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 11:05:45 pm »

Even if they just made it so the light vehicle repair kit fixed all criticals first would improve it because that top gunner is so useful to m8s but usually he doesn't come back as he is the last thing to get fixed.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 11:24:57 pm »

agreed, i hate having to repair a quad or m8 at half health to make sure it repairs 100% most things you can repair at 20% health and be fine.

though there is units like KT, where you have to repair at like a little more thant a quarter health, but maybe you should be able to choose a full repair kit or a 3/4 reapir kit. because a full repair kit you can heal at 15% but itll take like 5 minutes to repair, or a 3/4 repair kit you get you can repair full at like 30% health, but it only takes 3:30 minutes.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 12:01:54 am »

If spam were to be removed...eirr would be boring. No variety. Every company no matter what would be identically the damn same thing with no specialization as it is prevented by hardcap and weapon cache.

hmmm. I dont see it like that.
There are too many options with docs and units that would prevent that.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:14:53 am by Poppi » Logged
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 06:35:25 am »

Allied LVs make me sick with wrath. I say no based on the indisputable fact that I hate them.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 07:44:12 am »

hmmm. I dont see it like that.
There are too many options with docs and units that would prevent that.

agreed. before docs were implemented and you had to make companies based off normal vcoh units was some of the best game-play because of the lack of spam.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 08:15:08 am »

US is shit boring to play as even with spam - why else do you think there's NEVER ANY ALLIES ON? There's no fucking variety in the units you can use - people are relegated to doing the only things they can do with the piece of shit faction that the US is in terms of inspirational value.

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 01:56:10 pm »

US is shit boring to play as even with spam - why else do you think there's NEVER ANY ALLIES ON? There's no fucking variety in the units you can use - people are relegated to doing the only things they can do with the piece of shit faction that the US is in terms of inspirational value.

if so, its necessary to form a new US force, based on fun and gameplay instead of realism tbh

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc