Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:36:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paradrop drift  (Read 9302 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: November 11, 2011, 08:28:49 am »

I understand that drift when paradropping is realistic but is it really better from a gameplay perspective?

I mean the advantage of paradropping is that you can drop anywhere on the map, so you can drop them on the side of the map in an enemy sector to capture it or harass the enemy behind their lines and backcap or drop them directly into combat just slightly behind your own units so that you get them there faster.

But currently that's not possible because the drift is so much that you cannot risk that they drop into enemy puma or ostwind. So what players do is that they just drop them far behind their own lines which takes even longer time than regular call-ins, so paradropping is not an advantage anymore.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:30:22 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 08:41:31 am »

For once, I agree.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:42:29 am »

the drift rly isnt THAT BIG!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 08:57:11 am »

The drift is there not as a 'realism' factor but as a gameplay element. The ability to drop units anywhere on the map is extremely valuable. Drift adds a certain risk factor to that, by making you unable to precisely drop units where you want them. (Which with shorter deployment times would also give you the ability to quickly and too efficiently counter an enemy offense anywhere on the map)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:13:19 am »

But it's too much. It should be a few meters, not 50 meters.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 11:00:53 am »

Drift is way too much.  So much if you ever drop even near the edge of the map, your units drift off the map and die.

I would drop behind enemy lines and I would end up drifted right on top of them half a map over.  Its pretty crap.

Your better off putting your airborn in a halftrack, they can get to the point of the map faster than the actual paradrop, which also makes paradroping a waste.

Also, nearlly all the airborn t3 and t4's do not work at all.  Just FYI.  If you though airborne suck on paper, just wait till you play them when you spend all your PP to unlock stuff that doesnt do anything.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:03:33 am »

Drift is way too much.  So much if you ever drop even near the edge of the map, your units drift off the map and die.

what are you talking about? lol.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 11:09:40 am »

i agree drift is a bit too much. when i drop my units, even if it is on the edge of the map, which usually keeps them some what together, i still have found myself looking for units because i cant find them initially. this is especially a problem on smaller maps where you could have a stray unit falling right towards the enemy even though you paradropped that unit quite a ways away.

or maybe reduced drift should be made a T2 so it's more standard to get.

also this ^ that's totally not possible. or are you being funny  Huh

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 11:18:32 am »

Drift adds lol-factor to the game. I honestly have never made a bad drop, without it being caused by a bad decision or lack of a good prediction.

"Safe" drops really close to the action does not make sense or seem realistic.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 11:24:56 am »

reduced drift as a T2 would be OP.

Drift is fine.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 02:35:13 pm »

Drift is fine.

Everyone just agreed that it was not. And if it's fine then how come everyone is dropping their para's far behind their own lines?

I just explained thoroughly why it's a bad implementation and your entire argument is "no"?

Drift adds lol-factor to the game. I honestly have never made a bad drop, without it being caused by a bad decision or lack of a good prediction.

"Safe" drops really close to the action does not make sense or seem realistic.

Bullshit, way too many times have I seen units getting dropped into pumas or ostwinds and then the player raging because he placed the drop entirely elsewhere.

Safe drops made perfect sense. No one criticized it when there was no drift. The thing is also that it doesn't have to be "safe" drops, there can still be some drift, it's just that it's way too much currently.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 02:40:08 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 04:25:31 pm »

what are you talking about? lol.

Exactly as I said.  Test it out.  Jeez and I thought you guys test new builds before implementing.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 04:40:32 pm »

it's funny once jstek.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 04:52:56 pm »

Exactly as I said.  Test it out.  Jeez and I thought you guys test new builds before implementing.

It. cannot. happen. When you drop units close to the border you get some seriously reduced drift, that's it.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 05:30:15 pm »

Everyone just agreed that it was not.

So LEt me Get this Straight....  Your PonySlation XDictionary Deems the Word "EVERYONE" as the Following people
1.) Pony Slaystaion
2.) TheVolksinator
3.) RikkiRude
4.) Jstek

...  4 people Constitutes "Everyone"?

By Your Argument EVERYONE has Said Drift is Just fine

1.) Unknown
2.) Tank130
3.) SmurforNot
4.) LeoPhone

Soooo What happens when EVERYONE termanolgy has a tie? 

I say its fine, your fucked!

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »

I also think current drift is fine.

Got to have a disadvantage for being able to drop at the front lines.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 06:13:47 pm »

Drift off the map and die? Actual fucking lol, because the earth is flat and they just fall off the edge Roll Eyes

Didn't you guys know about this? Gliders also can be used as battering rams if you call a recon in first to pull it!

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 06:35:42 pm »

Everyone just agreed that it was not. And if it's fine then how come everyone is dropping their para's far behind their own lines?

ROFLMAO.....everyone just agreed?
If you want people to take you seriously in your discussions, try to be logical at least.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 08:05:37 pm »

he's making us look bad  Cheesy

i think it should be slightly reduced, im not sure how it's even measured or gauged, so i really don't have a suggestion as to how it could be improved.

but imo it would be nice if it was reduced by like... 10-20%? or is it measured in in game meters? what does the T3 reduce it by?

If normal drift has a value of 10, and the T3 has a value of 0, I'd like to see normal drift at 7 or 8.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 10:56:57 pm »

ROFLMAO.....everyone just agreed?
If you want people to take you seriously in your discussions, try to be logical at least.

Not everyone, but most of the players here. Only the devs who never actually play the mod disagreed, like you.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc