Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:37:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What an EIR Automatcher should look like.  (Read 20604 times)
Jstek Offline
Donator

« on: November 12, 2011, 08:22:46 pm »

1.  Warmap would require it' use.
2.  Casual games can use the other game methods.

How it would work.

1.  First, balance would be taken from a variety of factors.  K/D ratio, W/L ratios, XP ammount, number of games played, ect ect.
2.  The player would choose 1 account from Axis and one from Allied.  Obvously the player would choose with account he would prefer to play, in case the match up is balanced.
3.  The balance will balance the teams and put them on axis / allied teams.

Benifits

1.  Prevents stacked games.
2.  Mix's things up and prevents coordinated usage of game mechanics.  Perfect example would be a coordinated set of 4 companies all that are Blitz with 'Join Ops' which would allow the Axis to troll the game with 37 pop at the game start for each player, effectively making the game turn into a 6 vs 4 game.
3.  Can reduce the effectiveness of spam companies, say for example you try to do a 2v2 with your buddy and you spam shreks, while the other player spams StuHs.  But with the automatcher, one of you get put on the allies team so the spam company synchronization is weakened; depending what the other player company has.  It will mix up the action and change how games can be played.
4.  You might get lucky and get a great sync with another coy or you may not.
5.  If you decide to try to play balanced games, your more likely to be able to keep arranged teams.
6.  Because games will match up balanced, it will map the WARMAP more balanced and keeps games even.  Note:  Warmap advantages and bonuses and ect would not be accounted in the equation for example.

I am sure there may be plenty of things to considered regarding the warmap, 'considering I dont play the alpha' to take into account.  But i think it would be a value addition to the EIR suite.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:28:42 am »

2.  Mix's things up and prevents coordinated usage of game mechanics.  Perfect example would be a coordinated set of 4 companies all that are Blitz with 'Join Ops' which would allow the Axis to troll the game with 37 pop at the game start for each player, effectively making the game turn into a 6 vs 4 game.

This isn't possible.

Though hearing people talk about it, I had the idea of once +6 pop gets put in playing AB with +6 pop and a battalion HQ player, effectively getting +8-9 pop depending on the game size.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 05:25:19 am »

Coordinated usage of game mechanics? In other words TEAMWORK? It must be overpowered and stopped at all costs!

It's a team mod for gods sake.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 05:27:57 am »

Yeah was about to say..

Automatcher stopping you from playing with your TEAMMATE, the guy you WANT to play with because you have a good STRATEGY or cohesiveness with him, would be retarded.

P.S You're really obsessed with this automatcher thing Jstek. Once it's in I guarantee it won't make a blind bit of difference.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 07:16:08 am »

If we ever get an automatch system it's going to be one where you can do arranged teams. (Else a lot of people would simply not bother anymore) Also, the playerbase is generally considered to be too small for an automatch system. (Certainly for an arranged one)
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 09:15:04 am »

I would like to see 1 team ready upo, and search for another ready team,. 

No way to tell what level the team is or anything. 

Yes stomps will happen, But at the same time, if more games are played, people will get better, if people can;t adjust companies to one another, more micro and skill will determine fates. 

So you can stil team up, you just don;t know who your going against...

It puts people in a 2v2 or a 3v3 and you get a game quicker because people join to play.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 01:05:46 pm »

i really dont think an automatch is even needed, the biggest problem with games simply seem to be the people who ONLY play axis.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 02:45:10 pm »

i really dont think an automatch is even needed, the biggest problem with games simply seem to be the people who ONLY play axis.
Which is pretty good for any Allied players - as they are sure to get a game at any time lol

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 04:39:53 pm »

Which is pretty good for any Allied players - as they are sure to get a game at any time lol

...If they're lucky enough to have anybody else playing Allied on.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 04:55:47 pm »

i just dont like axis players saying "you have an allied account get on that!" when ive been playing allied all week and just want to work on my other company.

I end up with 3 axis accounts that take forever to max out, while i have 6 allied accounts maxed out (one for every doctrine) and have usually tried every T4 and dual T3 combos on all of them.

I consider myself a player of both, but I'm more of an allied fanboy, simply because they are, and i feel will always be the underdog in CoH.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 03:37:26 pm »

Coordinated usage of game mechanics? In other words TEAMWORK? It must be overpowered and stopped at all costs!

The warmap looks to change that.  It will be a mass macro mechanic game with team matches.  Problem is how, do you keep the MACRO mechanic from being lopsided with all the pro axis fagboys from beating the living shit out of everyone and everything especially after they get all the cool warmap cards and ect which will only further escalate their advantages over everything just like an exponential function curve.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 05:00:45 pm »

Shit man can't be having no god damn prepared teams, just mind your own shit. In fact automatch should go out of its way to match you with people you hate and who have incompatible companies. Hell why we should mute everyone in game too, no typing. That should stop all you teamfags from ruining the game.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 05:39:52 pm »

wow david...wtf lol

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 08:31:09 pm »

Shit man can't be having no god damn prepared teams, just mind your own shit. In fact automatch should go out of its way to match you with people you hate and who have incompatible companies. Hell why we should mute everyone in game too, no typing. That should stop all you teamfags from ruining the game.

incompatible companies?!?!  WTF I thought you guys said the game was balanced!  There should be no incompatible companies.
Perhaps, doing the automatcher will show the blight and balance flaw more forcefull and force a better response.

You guys are acting like this would get rid of arranged games..  It wont.  Just means you won't be able to troll the warmap but you can troll everyone else who chooses to play with trolls.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 09:44:38 pm »

incompatible companies?!?!  WTF I thought you guys said the game was balanced!  There should be no incompatible companies.
Perhaps, doing the automatcher will show the blight and balance flaw more forcefull and force a better response.

You guys are acting like this would get rid of arranged games..  It wont.  Just means you won't be able to troll the warmap but you can troll everyone else who chooses to play with trolls.

Well...I mean what if both of your automatched teammates randomly decided just to run all quads no tanks or atgs?  Thats not very good for team games now is it?  Or your axis teammate decided to get almost all shcrecks and no paks and no mgs mortars and three panthers? and you have the same fucking thing?

I mean its illogical but it could happen where the companies are incompatible, the game is realtivly balanced but your team build should be balanced too right?

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 06:37:30 am »

Not even that, 2 totally different balanced companies could be hard to play with each other. Whenever I play with Wind I die a little inside because he just sits there and grinds people down while I try to charge in with shock troops.

But back on topic, yeah man fucking teamfags trolls ruining the game with their pre-game communication. L2p without your stupid bullshit gimmicks. Some of us don't have friends to play with, gotta think of us foreveraloneguys. I for one welcome Jstek's proposals, can't have people losing to superior teamwork and companies. NOOBS ONLY. WE ARE THE 99%
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 11:35:50 am »

Smokaz gave me a loan. I went to college. I earned my degree in Company of Heroes. Now I have a well-paying job in Tanteville.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:38:23 am by jackmccrack » Logged

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 01:36:01 pm »

Smokaz gave me a loan. I went to college. I earned my degree in Company of Heroes. Now I have a well-paying job in Tanteville.

lolllll made my day only because we all know smokaz cant afford to give loans out.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 01:43:46 pm »

made my day too because jack's trust-inspiring mellow voice has always made me think he's one of the more successful persons in private life of all I have met here

so i doubt i would mind borrowing him money

First time I met jack I asked him what he did for a living

Jack: "I'm a pilot"

So you own a airplane?

Jack: "No, I just Fly High"

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 01:57:33 pm »

lol, now someone else just made my day even better, this is why I love you smokazzzz, so insightful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc