Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:29:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What an EIR Automatcher should look like.  (Read 20595 times)
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2011, 10:21:58 am »

troll

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2011, 01:52:39 pm »

Stop calling others out, you're the damn troll.

You just have to have the last derail right?  And your suppose to be expanding this mod.  But your ignorance and inability to accept any kind of new ideas or input blinds you.  I am trying to make valid thought out suggestions and ideas and even offered to assist if needed.  But all your can do is just spam the topic in hopes to bury it instead of having a legitimate adult discussion.  If this is how this EIR Suggestions forum is suppose to operate, then it should be removed completely so others don't get the wrong impression that suggestions are even welcomed.

Which is why your efforts in this mod will ultimately fail long term.  Lets hope the higher ups in the mod can see this and happily relieve you from your duties.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:02:52 pm by Jstek » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2011, 02:16:27 pm »

incompatible companies?!?!  WTF I thought you guys said the game was balanced!  There should be no incompatible companies.
Perhaps, doing the automatcher will show the blight and balance flaw more forcefull and force a better response.

You guys are acting like this would get rid of arranged games..  It wont.  Just means you won't be able to troll the warmap but you can troll everyone else who chooses to play with trolls.

Ummm....Companies are made to be specialized. Don't compensate for your poor play by whining about people using teamwork and coordinated strategy. Don't want to get stomped by a proper team? Get a team of your own, work your companies out together, and play. Holy shit, you might actually be pushed to work together and get better!!

TBH, the Warmap should be NOTHING but coordinated team fights. What ruined the last one was the random players trying to play against teams. Has nothing to do with faction balance and everything to do with having proper teams and teammates that work together.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2011, 06:00:06 pm »

The higher ups are motivated by strippers and throwing dice, you're officially tard now sry4tard.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2011, 12:34:48 pm »

Quote from: Jstek
"Zero sum" is bad. Games where I win and you lose are bad.

Are you seriously suggesting that, in a game where there are two teams with an equal number of players on both sides, you can actually have a system where there'll be less aggregate losses than aggregate wins?

The fuuuuck?

Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2011, 11:19:53 pm »

Are you seriously suggesting that, in a game where there are two teams with an equal number of players on both sides, you can actually have a system where there'll be less aggregate losses than aggregate wins?

The fuuuuck?

Hey, it also says if you can try to mitigate it as much as possible to take the sting out if you can, then do so.. Jesus.  Like i said, the bar is set waayy low here...  (You forgot the include the rest of the quote)

Let me quote myself the entire bullet point instead a section like the other irresponsible poster did.

3.)  "Zero sum" is bad. Games where I win and you lose are bad. Worse still is "I win and all the rest of you lose". Notwithstanding the current cultural obsession with endzone strutting by winners, losers do not enjoy themselves and if you can help take the sting out of it, you should. Alliances, cooperative play, ranked "winners" rather than "A winner" with a bunch of losers are all options.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:31:18 pm by Jstek » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 12:31:50 am »

There can only be one winner, second place is not a winner, just the first loser.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 12:47:40 am »

There can only be one winner, second place is not a winner, just the first loser.

i dunno, if 1st prize is a trip and second prize is a car, i think second place is the real winner

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2011, 12:56:17 am »

Depends on the car and the trip =)
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2011, 03:53:24 am »

I'm not sure how old Jstek is... but he sounds like a product of the "no red ink" era of child development.

This is a team game. You are meant to work with your team to achieve victory. It's like PvP in an MMO. If your team is pubs, and the other team is a guild stack... it's not that the two factions were imbalanced. It's that one was coordinated to a finely tuned degree and the other wasn't.

I see you in vent a lot. I see you conversing with a pretty constant group of people. have you thought about coordinating companies amongst yourselves? You may find you'll have more luck and more fun that way.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2011, 08:09:56 pm »

Jeez you guys really don't understand.  Perhaps you are not getting the concepts above are guidelines.  Hell if WOW or some other MMO operated like that..  So your guild example; and the loser loses all his equipment, looses XP, and is dropped a few levels for loosing the battle..  Well it would make for a pretty unhappy gamer who wouldn't continue to play if all he did was loose.

However, your example doesn't operate that way.  The player gain XP, gains levels, and if he dies he can still get his stuff.  Basically losing is doesn't trigger a rage fit.

The point being made by the #3 guideline (Btw glad you guys seem to agree with guidelines #1 and #2 considering you don't seem to be disputing them with any vomit yet) is that losing 'let me paraphrase in simpleton' should not cause the player to rage and if guidelines 1 and 2 were being followed properly, you wouldn't generally have a large group of players loosing nearly all the time.

Hope that clear it up for you.  Every game is a bit different but there is an successful solution that works in terms of basic macro game dynamics.  Just reference Skaffa's recipe in creating a good map in EIR.  Yeah, you don't have to use the exact recipe to make the map good, but most maps not using the recipe suck balls.

And there are some glaring issues with EIR that simply sucks balls.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2011, 08:35:09 pm »

Jeez you guys really don't understand.  Perhaps you are not getting the concepts above are guidelines.  Hell if WOW or some other MMO operated like that..  So your guild example; and the loser loses all his equipment, looses XP, and is dropped a few levels for loosing the battle..  Well it would make for a pretty unhappy gamer who wouldn't continue to play if all he did was loose.

However, your example doesn't operate that way.  The player gain XP, gains levels, and if he dies he can still get his stuff.  Basically losing is doesn't trigger a rage fit.

The point being made by the #3 guideline (Btw glad you guys seem to agree with guidelines #1 and #2 considering you don't seem to be disputing them with any vomit yet) is that losing 'let me paraphrase in simpleton' should not cause the player to rage and if guidelines 1 and 2 were being followed properly, you wouldn't generally have a large group of players loosing nearly all the time.

Hope that clear it up for you.  Every game is a bit different but there is an successful solution that works in terms of basic macro game dynamics.  Just reference Skaffa's recipe in creating a good map in EIR.  Yeah, you don't have to use the exact recipe to make the map good, but most maps not using the recipe suck balls.

And there are some glaring issues with EIR that simply sucks balls.

See EVE Online, Ultima Online, EQ. All successful, all with XP loss and equipment loss.

Sometimes, people like to actually RISK something when playing, it makes the game interesting. Playing poker without betting is just boring.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 08:55:36 pm »

And Eve is dying; I know i used to play it.

Also, its not a fair comparison.  Even still if you just removed #3 from the equation...  #1 and #2 are the focus points anyways; #3 is well number 3 not number one.  Anyways, EIR is failing on 1 and 2 anyways..
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2011, 09:00:31 pm »

I think I enjoy risk in my games.

The only MMORPGS that I have actually played and enjoyed longer than a few weeks are the ones that have things like - Full Loot, Small EXP Loss, Perma-death(FUCK YEAH!)

I absolutely love the idea of loosing your all your shit, and even better, taking the enemies hard earned shit. And you have no way of running from the PVP unless you want to pussy it up in a corner incapable of gaining power.

That is what makes me keep playing, and I wish there were more games like that.

On #1 you are fully capable of playing handicapped if you want. Its called only using 80% of your resources at the company screen.

On #2 I agree on needing to help new players.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2011, 09:11:03 pm »

I think I enjoy risk in my games.

The only MMORPGS that I have actually played and enjoyed longer than a few weeks are the ones that have things like - Full Loot, Small EXP Loss, Perma-death(FUCK YEAH!)

I absolutely love the idea of loosing your all your shit, and even better, taking the enemies hard earned shit. And you have no way of running from the PVP unless you want to pussy it up in a corner incapable of gaining power.

Hey I liked Eve for that.. Was a rush when you played.  But the game is stagnate.  Anyways, i just dug up these points they are all linked if you want to see all 50 points....  or whatnot..  Its certainly not a rulebook.  But it would be thought about.

The main focus is 1 and 2 in my book;  Yeah folks can gimp their company..  True.  But then what keeps them from lying about it only to stomp you?  And it doesn't have to be that kind of handicap.  Think more broadly.  Think, like Axis take longer to cap, or Axis have less pop start and generate it more slowly and whatnot.  There are alot of other factors that can be taken in effect.  Grant additional bonuses, free offmaps or whatever..  There is more than just setting up your company so it only using 20% less MP......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc