Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 04:30:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Improving the current AB? Some recommendations, and feedback.  (Read 8762 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 02:32:07 pm »

Well, one thing is for sure, it needs change. And if Groundfire can live up to expectations that matches terror then go for it!

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 02:51:26 pm »

be cool if AB can have sci-fi BS shouldnt belong in EIR at all cloak like stormies do.  Grin
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 03:22:19 pm »

that sci-fi shit is in vCOH from ever  Roll Eyes
you are free to address THQ that their game is not accurate...

oh yeah,how about that fire up thing,when you know mg is firing hundreds of bullets at you,you just stand up,and run at mg or away from it and live,yea,not sci-fi at all...

how about when jep survives atg shot,my god,those ww2 jeeps are better than today's modern jeeps.

... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:24:51 pm by smurfORnot » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »

Infantry needs some love too but i was going to do a write up for them just cuz i'm bored

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 04:21:49 pm »

You guys should just let me design AB.

If my terror is any indication, I think I could design a crack airborne doctrine.

YES PLEASE!

You got my vote!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 04:29:21 pm »

You guys should just let me design AB.

If my terror is any indication, I think I could design a crack airborne doctrine.

its not our call though right? you can redesign 'em all if u like Wink
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:31 pm »

that sci-fi shit is in vCOH from ever  Roll Eyes
you are free to address THQ that their game is not accurate...

oh yeah,how about that fire up thing,when you know mg is firing hundreds of bullets at you,you just stand up,and run at mg or away from it and live,yea,not sci-fi at all...

how about when jep survives atg shot,my god,those ww2 jeeps are better than today's modern jeeps.

... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ya no time in history did units rush past a mg. No one ever made it past the beaches and no one ever got past mg fire b/c mg42 fires a million bullets a second and form a wall of bullets that never spreads and miss a target. This thing called "running" is so sci fi.  What a dick

Im saying from a gameplay point of view cloaking shouldnt be in the game other than sniper or occasional scout. To have units disappear 5 meters in front of firing MG then grenade it right from the front is pretty BS.
The "oh relic has it" or "what about the other unrealistic stuff" arguments are a bit  weak. I know this game isnt realistic and i know EIR aint vCOH. Im not sure why you bother to put that in your statement.

Next time make a less dick head statement. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:43:31 pm by Poppi » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 09:46:48 pm »

oh stop trying to make the game boring

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 05:58:32 am »

Infantry needs some love too but i was going to do a write up for them just cuz i'm bored

Not really, Operation Overlord is a fail T4 but the rest of the doctrine is good.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 07:42:49 am »

Not really, Operation Overlord is a fail T4 but the rest of the doctrine is good.

not really. they have the most underwhelming t3 in allied grit when i got rid of it to try something else, i didnt' even notice it was gone and emplacement armor makes it more vulnerable to other things that its normal armor wouldn't. dont think its a horrid doc but it needs some tweaking.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 10:24:55 am »

they have the most underwhelming t3 in allied grit when i got rid of it to try something else, i didnt' even notice it was gone and emplacement armor makes it more vulnerable to other things that its normal armor wouldn't. dont think its a horrid doc but it needs some tweaking.

It's not a very strong buff but Infantry doc also has strong buffs in T2s and the T4 or T3 that you have together with Allied Grit. For the most part the triage gains a lot more survivability.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 12:18:06 pm »

It's not a very strong buff but Infantry doc also has strong buffs in T2s and the T4 or T3 that you have together with Allied Grit. For the most part the triage gains a lot more survivability.

not much survivability imo. If you ahve the triage that close so it can be engaged, ur doin it wrong. I'd rather the long range and/or faster healing, much more useful.

btw, if i have to take another doc ability to make one "better" then it sucks on it's own. If u go TR, it's underwhelming, trust i ran a TR coy for at least 20 games.

anyway, back to airborne...it sux.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 12:24:06 pm »

Yeah but artillery can still hit them.

The V1s are fixed now but before when the V1 was a Triage counter then Allied Grit was nice because then Triage centers could survive multiple V1s.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 12:26:47 pm »

i thought it was a general consensus that LnL was lack luster and overlord is kind of cool if you got officers and shermans.
Im not one for microing an officer around to keep my troops with a constant buff, but im willing to learn.
Plus faster recharge on fire up and supress is really cool, shermans give inf buffs, m10s are harder to hit, shermans reload faster. croc shoots farther. It has a lot of minor buffs that allow multiple strategies.

LnL on the other hand only affects roughly 10% of you platoon  That being the support (how many HMGs and snipers, and ATGs you going to bring?). I only liked it for snipers ( vanilla AB sniper is still better) and howi can move. HMGs are only better under certain conditions since they still cant suppress any better with a t4. and mortars... they are still a complete waste. I ran with it for a long while and found that the other t4s gave you more for your platoon.  Plus AB support can run. So why bother with LnL?

the TR t3 is kind of bad for triage. Chances are that armor wont make it survive an attack anyways. But I liked TR kind of and i kept it for a while. Ya the zook bonus is pathetic. But the jumob pen% makes it worth wild.  And if you like mines, that helps too. and ATG buff is incredible.

But now i was just a dick and got off topic. AB doc is not only horrid but also broken and horrid again. Surprisingly vanilla AB works pretty well. But i rather not have AB units adjusted so to have a good doc. That would take another 2 years. Rather have the doc go around the  current AB. Not sure if the unit needs anymore buffs, though support AB can use buffs and AB could have better rifles (not oober rifles) as upgrades, without getting out of hand. If anything the current AB doc could use some tweaks instead of being completely scrapped. But if anyone proposes an awesome new doc i wont mind.  

I do think the current unlock system is too spread out and all over the place.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:46:13 pm by Poppi » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 02:03:04 pm »

i think part of the reason is too many doc choices. old system had 12 choices for 6 doctrines, ours has 21 choices for 12 doctrines, a lot of stuff spread around.

3 unit unlocks, 3 upgrade unlocks, 3 off maps, 12 doc abilities. for each just crazy.

Just too much...thats probably why CoHo had only US and WM and didn't even bother with Brits and PE.

maybe there needs to be more mirroring just to make it simplier, sharing new units, doc abilities etc. i dunno, there just seems to be too much goin on sometimes.

God bless the balance team and devs.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 02:04:40 pm »

i think part of the reason is too many doc choices. old system had 12 choices for 6 doctrines, ours has 21 choices for 12 doctrines, a lot of stuff spread around.

3 unit unlocks, 3 upgrade unlocks, 3 off maps, 12 doc abilities. for each just crazy.

Just too much...thats probably why CoHo had only US and WM and didn't even bother with Brits and PE.

maybe there needs to be more mirroring just to make it simplier, sharing new units, doc abilities etc. i dunno, there just seems to be too much goin on sometimes.

+1

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 03:46:33 pm »

You completely hit the nail on the head with this.
Everyone wants everything balanced, but completely unique. There are just too many slots to fill and not enough "unique" abilities to fill them.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc