Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 08:18:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Allies] AT Infantry  (Read 6739 times)
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: November 22, 2011, 10:55:29 am »

As some of you may know I have been playing brits (took a break from my AB). I came to realization mid game why I enjoy the brits significantly more than US. Brits have non-doctrine handheld AT. Until this realization I did not understand why I had more fun with brits. The fact that I could reliably roll around, either in brens or on foot, and slay all vehicles.

what what what?Huh Glorious!!!!

Current allied non-doctrine handheld AT:

-because of PIAT brits dont need any improvements in the handheld AT i think it functions well.

-US only has sticky bombs which as admittedly useful and irritating for the axis. it is at most a light vehicle rapist (but this is not always true)

My suggestion which I hope will be open enough for discussion on benefits, ways to balance, and some reasons why not:

Make ONE bazooka available to rifleman squads (maybe engies just for funsies Grin). But here is the catch. Rifleman cannot have both stickies and the bazooka (maybe make it available with tank reapers or something). Pricing wise maybe have the one zook at maybe 10 mun under the shrek price?

dunno just an idea. thoughts?

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:53:31 am »

The zooks from infantry supply would be sweet if they weren't a special unlock and were a choice between them and stickies.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
MonthlyMayhem Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 12:09:34 pm »

I could see 1 zook for 55 mu, zooks aren't nearly as powerful as the schrek. Unless somethings got changed around since I last popped my head in.
-Maysauze

aka Maysauze/MrGamenWatch
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 12:12:09 pm »

but infantry has zooks from both rangers and infantry equipment, AB has RRs, and armor gets zooks/Boys AT from a T2. I have always felt that it's fine.

Doing this you'd have to change unlocks on most US doctrines. I think it's fine. If zooks were normally available I'd always buy zooks anytime I was facing PE.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:31:46 pm »

zooks are 55mu in armor and infantry unlocks.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
PlagueDoctor Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 02:44:20 pm »

Thats stupid. Amers have better AT guns and better light\medium tanks (like m8 and bla bla bla). So wtf. Amers have much more ways to stop axis tanks (m8 can easy kill Panzer 4, but difference in price is huge). One Allied can have 3 M8 at the same time. And more, all allied AT infantry have 5 (or 6) mans in squad, and grens have only 4, so all allied inf can easy kill them.  Hellcats and M8 fucked up infantry ... dont shoot jast, crush AT grens and all cool. Snipers rape grens too.

Sticky bombs is EiR one of the most butthert things for axis, coz its wery cool then Tiger lose 10 hp from sticky but his engine crash.

And the last thing, form my from my opinion, may be schrek is better then zooks, but 1) only 4 mans in squed 2) 75 mu, its not low price.

Verdict: This Idea is one more imba things for Allies.

Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 02:44:55 pm »

zooks... only good against PE players mostly.
Depending on them for anything else could mean failure.
Shame Tank Reaper does little to change how zooks fail most of the time. Such little % buffs.
Basically accept that zooks are only good for LVs and the chances of you getting position to get a rear shot on a med- heavy tank are minimal. Not sure how i feel about zooks on non rangers.

and plagueDR dont let the 4 man squads trick you. They can and most of the time will take on much bigger forces. and smaller groups mean less chance of getting hit from indirect fire.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:55:54 pm by Poppi » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 02:53:21 pm »

Thats stupid. Amers have better AT guns and better light\medium tanks (like m8 and bla bla bla). So wtf. Amers have much more ways to stop axis tanks (m8 can easy kill Panzer 4, but difference in price is huge). One Allied can have 3 M8 at the same time. And more, all allied AT infantry have 5 (or 6) mans in squad, and grens have only 4, so all allied inf can easy kill them.  Hellcats and M8 fucked up infantry ... dont shoot jast, crush AT grens and all cool. Snipers rape grens too.

Sticky bombs is EiR one of the most butthert things for axis, coz its wery cool then Tiger lose 10 hp from sticky but his engine crash.

And the last thing, form my from my opinion, may be schrek is better then zooks, but 1) only 4 mans in squed 2) 75 mu, its not low price.

Verdict: This Idea is one more imba things for Allies.

Think you mean M10?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 02:55:47 pm »

Who the fuck uses handheld AT as allies? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

Allied victory requires the following. BAR squads, ATGs, M10/M18 spam, offmap artillery/onmap artillery.

Handheld AT is for the Axis, you have super OP TD's that can crush any Axis tank like a bug.

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 03:04:59 pm »

Allied victory requires the following. BAR squads, ATGs, M10/M18 spam, offmap artillery/onmap artillery.

Handheld AT is for the Axis, you have super OP TD's that can crush any Axis tank like a bug.
I agree with the part that allies don't need non-doc handheld AT.

Stickies/ATG's/M10/M18 are enough for your AT assets, you don't need to have all bases covered.

But I disagree with them having super OP TDs lol. Yeah they have high firepower, but they are still made of glass.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 03:19:24 pm »

Good points made by previous posts. ^... if you mean allies as in US then alright. but PIAT squads are essential, imo, for brits to succeed. They destroy light vehicles and are in between zooks and shreks against tanks (maybe closer to shreks) and when used properly are quite frightening. but I have no problems with brits.
Not sure what the OP TDs are but if m10/m18 microed well and carefully watched and with a little luck they can do well.
I agree with the part that allies don't need non-doc handheld AT.

Stickies/ATG's/M10/M18 are enough for your AT assets, you don't need to have all bases covered.

But I disagree with them having super OP TDs lol. Yeah they have high firepower, but they are still made of glass.

well said
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 03:55:12 pm »

brits are great heavy tanks destroyers (17pdr, FF, Piats get dmg boni vs panthers & tiger), but they have issues vs PE, I generally go to my US acct if i play too many PE instead of my brits.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 04:25:54 pm »

Not sure what the OP TDs are but if m10/m18 microed well and carefully watched and with a little luck they can do well.
He means M10s used as Tank killers (or M18s).

High Dam, cheap (disposable).

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 04:28:38 pm »

Paper Cannons
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 04:34:32 pm »

The issue with allied handheld is as follows:

Zooks suck. Its plain and simple, they rarely hit the broadside of a barn and almost never penetrate even if they do.
Rifles are too squishy to be reliable handheld users. Grens > rifles, pgs > rifles, even tommies > rifles in that case.
Stickies are rarely useful vs compitent players that can easily avoid then by simply kiting the rifles.
Even when supporting the flanks of an ATG, zooks do little to stop axis armor (from bikes all the way up to KTs and everything in between) from running up and lolraping everything.

RRs are what zooks yearn so strongly to be, but cant. Unlike zooks who cant penetrate anything, RRs' balls have dropped.

Boys AT...are you fking joking? Oh noes its bigger then a HT, run awayyyyy.

And yet, there are 1001 ways to (easily) decrew an atg or kill a TD. In addition, allied units totting handheld are generally at a disadvantage vs infantry, since they rely on upgrades to best enemy infantry. My grens/PGs with shrecks + g43s/k98s do just fine on infantry kills and easily keep allied armor at bay...

LONG STORY SHORT: Allied handheld sucks arse, true that they have better ATGs and TDs, but these are sometimes outclassed by the very units they aim to kill. Nothing will probably change, but the OP's points are mostly spot on. +1.

I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 04:41:41 pm »

zooks are supposed to be used en mass. if you have a lot of them it's not hard to get a rear shot. or you use them in junction with an atg, once again it can help you get a rear shot. zooks do exactly what they are supposed to do, if you think they suck then you are using them wrong.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 04:44:23 pm »

Riki, ive used zooks the "right way" many a time. The sad fact is, zooks are OK, but riflemen are a TERRIBLE platform for them. There's also the part where ive had them blunt rear shots on a p4 and other things like that, not to mention miss from ludicrously short ranges.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 04:46:22 pm »

Such is CoH.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »

Bar + zook + atg + m8

Bar + zook + m10

There you go, if you fail with that, l2p

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 06:49:07 pm »

Bar + zook + m10

How do you take out an HMG + pak combo using that?

Heck, pak + P4 would spank you silly.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc