Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 05:29:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop/Pop Cap Limited Flexibility  (Read 3416 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: November 25, 2011, 10:35:09 am »

I brought this up ages and ages ago, long ago enough to where I think if I was able to dig up the old thread it would be irrelevant anyways, but I'd like to bring it up again and see what people think. The entire concept would obviously have to be post warmap, which I think is good because I think a lot of discussion should go into it. I also think the concept would really lend a hand at balancing units.

Right now I believe the 25 starting pop and pop costs limit us quite a bit, it obviously isn't game breaking, but it could be vastly improved. Right now there a lot of units whose pop doesnt seem to fit right, and if it give it +1 or -1 it never seems to help as much as it should because that +1/-1 really impacts other units. Look at the sherman jumbo as a good example, obviously we couldn't have it at 12 pop because it's far better than a normal sherman, but we sure as hell couldn't have it at 14, and to be honest I think a lot of people still didn't feel things were quite right at 13.

What I'm suggesting the easiest way to lay this out would be to simply double everything and go from there.
Meaning you start with 50 pop, work towards 80 pop, and at the time limit end game would receive 160 pop cap. This means atgs are 10, rifles are 10, shermans are 24, ect.

Now go back to this jumbo situation, panther is now 28, sherman is 24, and now instead of having 1 pop between the two, you now have 4. This gives you a bit more leeway. You can now put the jumbo at say 25 pop.

Doing this would help many units that really just need minor adjustments to their pop cap, some notable units are pumas, callis, TDs, stugs, all infantry i think could use tweaking as well. every infantry unit wouldnt have to be 5 or 6 pop. we could look at numbers ranging from 9-13. I could see rifles and volks at 9, grens and tommies at 10, KCH 11, rangers/ab at 12, oaks at 13. something along those lines.

also, tired of the old mg42 vs .30? well fuck, make .30 5 pop and mg42 6! do the same with mortars, WM mortar at 8 pop and US only at 7.

I know it's a lot to look at and consider, and I don't know how long it would take to do the coding with all that, but I think it would really help in balancing when we get down to units being balanced simply by 10-20mu or 10-40mp.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 10:36:30 am »

+1 agree with this improvement.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
SpaceHamster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 12:04:53 pm »

I tried to tell that in my other thread but I didnt use the right words to convey the message, I totally agree with most of your points and might I add the fact that popcap should change depending on how many people are playing?

50 popcap right off the bat for every one is kinda much dont ya think in a 4 v 4? heh.

And I know its possible to change it because I see it in operation stonewall where if theres only one player he starts with 4x the popcap then he should have if he had 4 players playing in a stonewall game.

Heres an Idea:

Let the players pick the amount of popcap they can start with?

25 is Extremely low as most I can ever field is 5 units max. In VCoH you could see huge battles erupt with a whole load of guys, so I think theres nothing wrong with choosing the amount of popcap players can start with, sure it might screw up peoples platoons made for 25 popcap start but there should be different companies for different popcaps to solve this problem.

I can see nothing wrong here but the time and energy required to make this work out  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:22:00 pm by SpaceHamster » Logged

The warmap is like Dukenukem Forever.

No one thinks it will ever be released, then several years after everyone has given up the little hope they have it gets released from out of nowhere. And then it turns out it sucks.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 12:21:41 pm »

50 popcap right off the bat for every one is kinda much dont ya think in a 4 v 4? heh.

Wouldn't matter since everything would be roughly doubled, there would be very little difference in number of units on the field.

And yes it's easy to change, just very time consuming to go through every single entity in the rgd's.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
SpaceHamster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 12:24:36 pm »

Wouldn't matter since everything would be roughly doubled, there would be very little difference in number of units on the field.

And yes it's easy to change, just very time consuming to go through every single entity in the rgd's.

Ah yes thats where I propose my second Idea to let the players choose the amount of popcap they can start with, just like how in custom games on VCoH players have the choice to choose high resources or standard, or annihilate or VP. I am sure it would work out on this mod perfectly  Cheesy
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 12:26:47 pm »

Smaller and larger pop game modes are already coming after warmap is introduced fully.
SpaceHamster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 12:31:04 pm »

Smaller and larger pop game modes are already coming after warmap is introduced fully.

Yayzors!

Is there more future patch information that I can get from somewhere? would really like to know more.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 12:33:25 pm »

Patch info comes from me when I do interviews with dev team members Smiley
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 03:55:54 pm »

I like the idea. It kinda goes inline with the pool cost change. they used to be smaller than what they are now but then they doubled them a while back and it helped make more leeway in deferentiating. I think this would really help to balance things, I fully support this idea and so does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEOEzpSS40

So that finishes it, implement this or you'll upset him and you dont want to see him upset.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 09:27:38 pm »

I would really like to see this implemented. I think those minor differences in pop costs could really fix some of the grievances with balance. Most notably the tanks and support teams.

In general this seems like it could be very beneficial.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 10:14:24 pm »

This is a really good suggestion Ricki

Not bad.jpg

+1

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: