Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 05:16:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[Yesterday at 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Poll
Question: Do you consider this to be a better balancing of PE inf than the current?
Yes - 11 (47.8%)
No - 12 (52.2%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you buy this panzergren?  (Read 5571 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: December 03, 2011, 12:13:36 pm »

You pay 60 mp for each wehr gren man. Amirite? Thats 1.33 hp/mp.
However, you get a good basic weapon and access to medikit on this squad.
Assault grens and tank busters are the same as wehr grens in terms of hp/mp.

For panzergrens you get a slightly cheaper hp/mp ratio, 1.48.

One thing that has been pretty much established is that PE benefits more than wehr from being able to use their infantry to kill handheld at squads and at guns since their stuff is squishier. However their infantry just aren't very strong!

I would suggest that we make panzer elite infantry more elite by adding a higher cost and more health.. My proposal:

- Panzergrens, Assault grens and Tank buster gren mp/hp ratio increased to be between grens and panzergrens current value (1.40)

This makes them better for MP than the current ones, but still not as good as grens

- Panzergren men will then cost the same on the three "different" squads: 300 mp

- Sprint back to vet 2 (sprint is too powerful to be bought)

-Health set to 105 per man

Would help differentiate them from the other factions. Right now they are too similar to americans as spam inf but they dont have the cost-effective spam upgrades that americans have.

In a long term perspective there needs to be a way to gauge just how to compare medikit grens vs pe inf, but right now I cant think of any solution to quantify this.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
IJustDontCare Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:32:10 pm »

Adding more health to units makes gameplay boring encouraging more blobbing since they can withstand more volleys of heavy fire longer vs using cover and other forms of attacking.

If they suck just lower their cost not buff and raise cost.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 12:36:52 pm »

how are they similiar to the american faction? less men (4) same health as grenadiers (80) and theyr'e cheaper than WM Grenadiers (210 vs 240) whats the issue?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 12:41:20 pm »

I still dont like em,and buy them only when I need. I find scout cars more cost effective  Grin
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 12:48:53 pm »

I like this. Strong infantry for more cost seems and sounds like Panzer Elite kind of thing. What I don't agree with is sprint at vet 2, you are saying yourself that it's too powerful to be bought, but you rather let them have it for free later on? I think sprint should just debuff the units accuracy for a while after it's been used.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 12:52:58 pm »

With vet sarge bought give them 5th men and make them look like volksgrenadiers. Perfect plan.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 01:15:47 pm »

Don't really like this proposal in current form.

Pgren blobs would dominate with nothing else to offset its increased strength other than price.

The problem is that they would be way more pop efficient then any other base infantry out their, especially when they can take a sherman shot to the face.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 01:18:41 pm »

Actually that sounds fair, if they are gonna be this survivable they should be 6 pop.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 01:33:35 pm »

+1 on those pgren, actualy i also suggested this some time ago.

IJustDontCare Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 01:37:06 pm »

Or just keep them as they are and lower their cost to reflect off of it. They aren't useless units just not as good as others.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 01:44:57 pm »

Wouldnt mind them being 6 pop !
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 02:32:04 pm »

I would like to see them at 3 men with elite armor, but we all dont get what we want.

Were not gonna make the base PE unit, which is already close to the equivilent of a WH gren already, even better. Those differences you cite are just splitting hairs tbh.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 02:42:46 pm »

The kar of the grens and the medikits are not "splitting hairs"
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 02:45:27 pm »

I like this. Strong infantry for more cost seems and sounds like Panzer Elite kind of thing. What I don't agree with is sprint at vet 2, you are saying yourself that it's too powerful to be bought, but you rather let them have it for free later on? I think sprint should just debuff the units accuracy for a while after it's been used.

My logic behind this was that the base unit would be too strong. If someone can aquire a mass of vet 2 + pgs and with sprint use them very cost-effectively, I see no issue.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 02:45:56 pm »

Don't really like this proposal in current form.

Pgren blobs would dominate with nothing else to offset its increased strength other than price.

The problem is that they would be way more pop efficient then any other base infantry out their, especially when they can take a sherman shot to the face.

I think price is a pretty proven offset?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 02:47:59 pm »

Adding more health to units makes gameplay boring encouraging more blobbing since they can withstand more volleys of heavy fire longer vs using cover and other forms of attacking.

If they suck just lower their cost not buff and raise cost.

And it also buffs snipers vs them and other 1 shot weapons.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 01:46:03 am »

Make a new, more expensive squad (Landsers, Panzer Jaeger Infantry, or just Experienced Panzer Grenadiers) with something along the lines of what smokaz said (105 HP per man is borderline OP, especially with some of the things players can do with them--this is looking at you and your ?12 vet3 oakleaves w. assault spam and ace tigers company, smokaz).

PGs are OK right now, its just that the vcoh principle of PGs needing vet to overcome enemy troops also holds true in EiR--so stop fucking suiciding your units, and the problem should go away.  Cool

+1 to the general idea.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:48:21 am by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 01:56:57 am »

PGs are OK right now, its just that the vcoh principle of PGs needing vet to overcome enemy troops also holds true in EiR--so stop fucking suiciding your units, and the problem should go away.  Cool

yea smokaz, stop suiciding ur troops like a little noob (lol)

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 04:12:28 am »

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:31:14 am by smurfORnot » Logged
SpaceHamster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 04:29:07 am »

Wrong thread bro.

Edit: oh I see what you did there.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:33:38 am by SpaceHamster » Logged

The warmap is like Dukenukem Forever.

No one thinks it will ever be released, then several years after everyone has given up the little hope they have it gets released from out of nowhere. And then it turns out it sucks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc