Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 03:28:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weapon cache update x2  (Read 59043 times)
BigDick
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 01:06:31 pm »

i don't understand this pool bullshit system anyways

if you want to limit spaming specific units or upgrade you should introduce my suggestion i did years ago and increase price of each additional unit/upgrade you put into company

e.g. first assault nade upgrade 50 mun second 55 mun third 60 mun etc.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 01:13:16 pm »

I get shit fuck all for doing it  Roll Eyes While you should have plenty of motivation to do a remotely good job hint hint

PM me the spreadsheet - I will have it figured out and corrected in 3 hours, if not I'll leave the forums for 2 weeks :p

I cant PM you the spreadsheet, it's a fucking database that you need to be given access to by Phil.

Doesnt work like that, you cant just pop it open in excel.

i don't understand this pool bullshit system anyways

if you want to limit spaming specific units or upgrade you should introduce my suggestion i did years ago and increase price of each additional unit/upgrade you put into company

e.g. first assault nade upgrade 50 mun second 55 mun third 60 mun etc.

We've already thought of everything. Compounding prices was voted down. Sry.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 01:14:37 pm »

he means the spreadsheet you take the info from when you put it in the database.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 01:19:11 pm »

they SURE do not overfocus on paper trail when they go into the seclusive deep thought cave, +2 for guarding mother nature (digitally)

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 01:23:45 pm »

they SURE do not overfocus on paper trail when they go into the seclusive deep thought cave, +2 for guarding mother nature (digitally)

You think you should get access to the paper trail, go talk to eirrmod.

We dont just "release" internal documents like that.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 01:24:02 pm »

The cache is just non-functional in its current form anyways. There's only a few items that should have costs beyond 1-2, such as:

Assault
Assymetric warfare
RR's
Double shrecks
4-man KCH (The squad itself)
Snipers
Mines/goliaths
(maybe BARs)

The point was to limit certain weapons systems without making the muni cost detrimentally high, but at this point it's simply a second munitions supply that gets drained just as fast unless it's being used on FG42's (which really aren't a spam problem anyways).
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 01:26:03 pm »

The weapons cache also falls into the trap of passive doctrine buffs which has been argued to death 10000 times, it tries to add the same fucking cache points to a bunch of unbuffed fg42 or kch or whatever as it does to the buffed version, super smart (what if you go henschel instead of mid t4? oh sry mang)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 01:28:38 pm »

You think you should get access to the paper trail, go talk to eirrmod.

We dont just "release" internal documents like that.

OFC you dont because we'd seen it was a complete joke when you post stuff like:
"Weapon cache now 100% working!"
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=22053.0 ROFL
"I spent 3 days doing this"
"The machine ated all the numbers and when it pooped it out they were WRUNG"

And then you go and RAMBO a huge annoying change based on your own inept product which im 100% sure you had no collective backing for
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 01:39:10 pm »

Cache needs to be turned off until it can be properly examined and implemented.  We need to be fixing one issue at a time, and the current issue is the warmap, not the cache system.  Not to mention how completely retarded the cache system is anyways...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 01:43:04 pm »

5 cache for IST mg? are we looking at 5 hours or 7 to decide that?
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 01:44:53 pm »

Will be reverted sooo fast lol (or alternatively, they would actually have to fix the underlying missing work that causes the problem)
Hey buddy, I have limited time.

I work 3 jobs, and have a small child full time.  If you think Im 'missing work' out intentionally, or not working hard enough, you can suck my left nutt.

If you meant something else.... carry on.  But if not - re-read previous paragraph and apply to right nutt.

CHEERS
Your bf EIRRMod

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 01:45:22 pm »

5 cache for IST mg? are we looking at 5 hours or 7 to decide that?

Yes, thanks for catching that. I'll take a look.

All i am trying to say guys, is that in order for us to balance this thing, there actually has to be something there to begin with.

Then we can balance it like any other pool. This is how we did every other pool, but instead of the 20 odd entries for each factions' units, this is about 300+ entries of duplicated weapons and upgrades. Stuff will be overlooked, I am sry about that.

Just help me catch stuff that gets past the net.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 01:46:10 pm »

Yeah, there are some very odd discrepancies here, such as:

Why the hell do Panzerfausts cost as much weapons cache as a 4-man KCH squad?
Why the hell do Panzerfausts cost about the same as assault grenades?!?!?
Why make Light Repairs even more useless by making them 2 cache points?
Why don't half the reward units cost any cache points for upgrades?
Why break the unbroken and leave the things that actually need attention (AB and Terror non-functioning abilities) unfinished?

The restored faith I had in the development since the reintroduction of Terror and AB just went out the window. I think I can perfectly eloquently sum up the changes made to the weapons cache with only two words: fucking gay.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:55:12 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2011, 01:46:16 pm »

Hey buddy, I have limited time.

I work 3 jobs, and have a small child full time.  If you think Im 'missing work' out intentionally, or not working hard enough, you can suck my left nutt.

If you meant something else.... carry on.  But if not - re-read previous paragraph and apply to right nutt.

CHEERS
Your bf EIRRMod

Stop bodyblocking for Groundfire! Grr
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2011, 01:47:52 pm »

Stop bodyblocking for Groundfire! Grr
If its the cache numbers, then I can understand where Groundy is coming from - I'll help out with the list tonight to clear up all the numbers.

THEN we can start testing it fo' realzies.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2011, 01:48:26 pm »

All I have to say to you Vermillion, is be on the receiving end of a Volkssturm company that has fausts on every one of it's 30 Volks, assault on 15 of them, backed up by armour support rolling keep it moving on a 60 second timer - In competent hands.

Then you'll realise why fausts are pool expensive.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 01:49:31 pm »

I should've clarified, I can see that sort of thing being a problem, (I think I faced a similar company once) what I meant to say was why they are still the same price for units that already cost pool, are fairly expensive already and aren't that spammable, namely KCH.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:53:46 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 01:50:03 pm »

Why the hell do Panzerfausts cost as much weapons cache as a 4-man KCH squad?
Why the hell do Panzerfausts cost about the same as assault grenades?!?!?
Why make Light Repairs even more useless by making them 2 cache points?
Why don't half the reward units cost any cache points for upgrades?
Why break the unbroken and leave the things that actually need attention (AB and Terror non-functioning abilities) unfinished?

Panzerfausts cost 2 points, Oakleaves KCH costs 3?

The scale is between 1-5 atm. stuff like assault are at 4, FOO is at 5, grenades, x1 mines are at 1 cache point, etc.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 01:50:49 pm »

Quote from: Eirrmod
If its the cache numbers, then I can understand where Groundy is coming from - I'll help out with the list tonight to clear up all the numbers.

THEN we can start testing it fo' realzies.

My complaint is that he wants to activate the final switch before the body parts of the zombie has been at least properly assembled, if that makes any sense. He turns on the weapon cache and it powers up but A LOT OF THE VALUES are simply wrong. The zombie wont live a good life. So what he's doing now is actually putting in functioning numbers as they get pointed out :/ its like constant surgery

he also bullshits about how it came into being which is sad

dats why mad
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 01:51:36 pm »

The cache is just non-functional in its current form anyways. There's only a few items that should have costs beyond 1-2, such as:

Assault
Assymetric warfare
RR's
Double shrecks
4-man KCH (The squad itself)
Snipers
Mines/goliaths
(maybe BARs)

The point was to limit certain weapons systems without making the muni cost detrimentally high, but at this point it's simply a second munitions supply that gets drained just as fast unless it's being used on FG42's (which really aren't a spam problem anyways).

i  like the idea of punishing spams so maybe the cache or some other system (adding cost per upgrade) is a good idea. I agee Aud. Some only some units/upgrades are the problem. Others arent that bad. Bars for me are also a maybe. If there were more US options outside of bar i would say yes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc