Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 03:15:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking kills.  (Read 13719 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 05:43:27 pm »

I was thinking of xp of all units in total. It's the total vet indicator.
So people can be jelly about your vet. Also makes good target for hunt
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:48:02 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »

I loved it back then...Honestly do this before anything else...add some interest into winning games and more people will play.  Like the news section that had like best companies and such. 

Yar

Also, choosing a division number! (And your division name being based on your T4 choice!)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 06:05:19 pm »

Yar

Also, choosing a division number! (And your division name being based on your T4 choice!)
Ill work on some options and ideas for the dev meeting to do with this.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 06:16:07 pm »

Yar

oh man that would be aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome sauce!

467th Royal Eng Division

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 06:21:12 pm »

Maybe also add some incentive for high W/L players to play each other too, then we're talking.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 06:50:37 pm »

Maybe also add some incentive for high W/L players to play each other too, then we're talking.

used to be lower players got more PP when playing higher. i thinik a high of 20 could be obtained and u got lower if u were higher v lower, dunno what happened to it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 06:54:34 pm »

A start would be a working leaderboard based on W/L, and no win point awarded for playing newbies or lower leveled team. Instead of total number of games. The bare minimum for a veteran should further be playing another all level 9 team once he's level 9 himself. Even if this won't cure everything, it will cure a lot. I can't see another way to enforce real competition. If you want to play against newbies, go grab a level 5.

Please save laikadog.

From reading old, old eir threads I have gathered that there used to be a win/loss block system pased on W/L %. I do not doubt that this would be a welcome raise of the bar.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:56:56 pm by Smokaz » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 06:57:49 pm »

A start would be a working leaderboard based on W/L, and no win point awarded for playing newbies or lower leveled team. Instead of total number of games. The bare minimum for a veteran should further be playing another all level 9 team once he's level 9 himself. Even if this won't cure everything, it will cure a lot. I can't see another way to enforce real competition. If you want to play against newbies, go grab a level 5.

Please save laikadog.

From reading old, old eir threads I have gathered that there used to be a win/loss block system pased on W/L %. I do not doubt that this would be a welcome raise of the bar.

That may be more difficult to do when the warmap comes in. Everyone will start at level one and basically be leveling together. I think.....

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 07:01:19 pm »

What about the % then? I mean there needs to be some threshold of W/L to avoid really poor teams facing much better ones. And what about stopping high W/L players from gaining wins facing much worse teams?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 07:16:56 pm »

There should definitely be a more 'competitive' leaderboard (option at least), yea. Eirrmod had the idea to have a sort of 'competitive' matchmaking system in the past, with a separate leaderboard and all, but I don't know if that's still on the table.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 07:17:34 pm »

What about the % then? I mean there needs to be some threshold of W/L to avoid really poor teams facing much better ones. And what about stopping high W/L players from gaining wins facing much worse teams?
I'll probably base the leaderboard on a similar scale to the Chess rating system (Elo).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

And this same system will also be the base point generator for rewards at the end of said match.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 07:22:00 pm »

There needs to be a bottom you can't stoop below even with a elo system. The good players facing each other for persistant benefit needs to be f o r c e d as well-
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 07:24:39 pm »

There needs to be a bottom you can't stoop below even with a elo system. The good players facing each other for persistant benefit needs to be f o r c e d as well-
Well thats the point.

If you WIN vs a very high rated team, the rewards will be great, while a beating a low rated team, will give paltry rewards (lower than the mean)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 07:49:38 pm »

Sure, if 'the paltry rewards' are equal to playing a 1v1 right now. If they are advancing you even in some small measure, you can be sure that the clownhats and douche shower caps will be standing attention waiting for them to happen.

Think of it like this: the day you have bigdick and aloha searching for other level 9s with comparable W/L to their own to play a game of EIRR to advance their stats, warmap or persistant gains, your system works.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 08:18:59 pm »

Think of it like this: the day you have bigdick and aloha searching for other level 9s with comparable W/L to their own to play a game of EIRR to advance their stats, warmap or persistant gains, your system works.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 09:35:19 pm »

Sure, if 'the paltry rewards' are equal to playing a 1v1 right now. If they are advancing you even in some small measure, you can be sure that the clownhats and douche shower caps will be standing attention waiting for them to happen.

Its not that its paltry, its that playing lower level teams would result in NO rare rewards whatsoever.  Not even a 1% chance.

While playing average teams (similar or slightly below skill level) - the 'Rare' random roll will be set at about 10-15%, while playing higher would be at 30-35% (and depending on the number of players involved = number of cards recieved.)  Also note, numbers of % are pulled out of my ass, but you get the idea.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 09:36:22 pm »

LOL

Nice one spartan.

Sounds good EIRRMod. I just hope its out before CoH 2.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 09:41:52 pm »

No not really... last EIRRMOD told me you can only track how much XP the unit gains not how many kills

Not going to read 3 full pages but why can units only track XP?

If they can only track XP, then how is this score number recorded?

Kills are registered per unit on a game by game basis, this number must be stored somewhere. Why cant we find this number and have the launcher keep a running total of the kills in this manner?

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 09:49:13 pm »

Not going to read 3 full pages but why can units only track XP?

If they can only track XP, then how is this score number recorded?

Kills are registered per unit on a game by game basis, this number must be stored somewhere. Why cant we find this number and have the launcher keep a running total of the kills in this manner?
Cos its not a programmatically accessable number (AFAIK).
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 10:01:35 pm »

You know i was looking into advance .lua functions it might be possible.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc