Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:45:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KT and Tiger?  (Read 6217 times)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« on: January 01, 2012, 03:09:15 am »

Who's idea was it to add a Tiger ace and a KT to be played. it either needs to be 2 tigers or 1 KT.

Its so stupid that  i can have 2 pershings but yet they can have 3 panthers. of course its also stupid that a panther can usually penetrate a pershing, and i think (always) penetrate with officer buff.

Or how a officer buff with p4 will take out a sherman no probs.

sure cromwell gets a cct but, when i used it or from what ive seen the cromwell doesnt penetrate worth a damn.

a firefly will destroy just about any tank that ventures to far from a pack nothing some stormed schreks cant handle.

even the detection with recon tommies they still get schreks of or in KKNDs case falls with sprint.

after killing my 4th tiger ace at vet 2 (isomy), i realised hey this is stupid.

i was told by 5 ppl in the launcher allies are meant to spam to win unless your a pro player.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:16:27 am by aeroblade56 » Logged

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 03:32:59 am »

Thread doesn't even make sense...

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 03:39:21 am »

um

cool story bro?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:53:29 am »

You do realize that officer only adds acc and damage and does nothing to penetration? Plus having a KT and a Tiger = no fuel left. 2 tanks.

Of course a P4 with Officer would take out a Sherman, normally a 76mm Sherman beats P4 in every engagement

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 05:59:18 am »

i feel like that isnt true. at least when it is for me its a close ass fight. and those 2 tanks are enough especially if u have a teamate who takes advantage of it. unlike a pershing when axis see a pershing its Panther counter go! or schreks they dont actually bring out more atgs. as where a KT soupported forces us to bring lots of atg and TD. usually a marder and pak keeps pershing away. or cloaked storms. not to mention the pershings accuracy vs a tigers accuracy is complete bullcrap moving or not moving it takes me 5-6 hits to kill a volks  squad. it takes my crom 3 and a tiger rifle squad 2-3
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 06:24:54 am »

i feel like that isnt true. at least when it is for me its a close ass fight. and those 2 tanks are enough especially if u have a teamate who takes advantage of it. unlike a pershing when axis see a pershing its Panther counter go! or schreks they dont actually bring out more atgs. as where a KT soupported forces us to bring lots of atg and TD. usually a marder and pak keeps pershing away. or cloaked storms. not to mention the pershings accuracy vs a tigers accuracy is complete bullcrap moving or not moving it takes me 5-6 hits to kill a volks  squad. it takes my crom 3 and a tiger rifle squad 2-3

Same way when a Tiger gets to fight against a M10 or a hellcat. Panther is Axis TD as it sucks versus infantry and is almost 2.5 times more expensive than a M10 and 4 times more expensive than a hellcat. A KT that is supported by a MARDER is very good team play from the axis forces that is all I can say. If yer pershing loses to a panther you are doing something wrong. Panther has a chance vs a pershing but will most likely lose to it.

Allies don't fight axis heavy armor with their own armor. Why should they when their Anti-tank guns are sufficient enough?
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 08:13:46 am »

Love the math nightrain. 640/465 is 4 times 300/185. Brilliant.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 02:42:03 pm »

Same way when a Tiger gets to fight against a M10 or a hellcat. Panther is Axis TD as it sucks versus infantry and is almost 2.5 times more expensive than a M10 and 4 times more expensive than a hellcat. A KT that is supported by a MARDER is very good team play from the axis forces that is all I can say. If yer pershing loses to a panther you are doing something wrong. Panther has a chance vs a pershing but will most likely lose to it.

Allies don't fight axis heavy armor with their own armor. Why should they when their Anti-tank guns are sufficient enough?
then what is the point of having TD?. and the pershing has better sight and range to a pershing. also it does snipe infatry like a pro look at heartmans for example. when i use a panther i can get 20 kills easy. either by crush or by shooting.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 02:49:21 pm »

Love the math nightrain. 640/465 is 4 times 300/185. Brilliant.

It appears that panther has come down in price and hellcat has gone up in price. Lolololo.

The reason to have TD is not only that it is cheap and effective but it can be used to finish off damaged tanks while they go to repair- and used as a sniping unit. M10s and Hellcats 45 Range is quite a killer versus Tiger/P4/StuG 40 range.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 03:13:24 pm »

panther is great for taking out infantry, you can usually get about 1 kill every 1-3 shots, if they bunch maybe more. my blitz panthers always come away with like 10-20 inf kills.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 03:16:48 pm »

PE panthers with the +15 (or is it 30?) % accuracy are pretty rape too (one of the TD T3s). IMHO a Panther should beat a pershing every time. Back it up with shrecks, a marder, or a pak, and kite the bastard to death--you have a 7.5 range advantage that you should be using to the max. Just use a spotter unit.

I beleive that aeroblade's argument is that the allies dont have a unit that can both dole out serious punishment and be a big, beefy, tough as fuck unit at the same time. The Pershing would be an exception if it wasn't facing so many counters (basically everything that can damage a tank > the Pershing),

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
BigDick
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 03:27:49 pm »

panther is great for taking out infantry, you can usually get about 1 kill every 1-3 shots, if they bunch maybe more. my blitz panthers always come away with like 10-20 inf kills.

panther with its 0.2 splash and its 0.255 accuracy is hardly great for taking out infantry
it will snipe one guy every 4 shots while fighting usually 6 man squads

a m10/hellcat gun is less accurate (should be compensated that a panther needs usually 50% more hits cos it fights mainly 6 men squads while m10/hellcat fights 4 men squads) but has 250% splash - it should be superior to in terms of killing infantry
additional it gets the roflpwn crushing capabilities
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 03:36:59 pm »

0.6acc with further 0.5 modifier if infantry is moving isn't exactly consistent with your claim of 0.255 accuracy vs infantry. Yeah, infantry moves - but not always, and it can be at long range - but yet again, not necessarily.

The splash superiority of a hellcat/M10 is pretty much pointless - it's lower than the standard spacing that infantry keep between one another. The long-range splash is especially pointless, since it's lightyears away from being able to gib two guys in a shot - the short range splash is identical for both the panther and hellcat.
The medium range splash (where the damage is still lethal for both guns) differential of 0.1m is just.. irrelevant to gameplay.

BigDick
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 03:40:19 pm »

the splash is not meant that it hurts 2 guys at ones - its meant that it does damage even when it not hits (250% as likely on m10/hellcat than on panther)

that happens to the hellcat/m10 too its more accurate vs not moving infantry

so when he say panther maingun is great taking out infantry than hellcat/m10 gun is great too maybe even fantastic cos better  Cool
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:44:12 pm by BigDick » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 05:01:21 pm »

Look, you clearly are missing the point here bigdick. Let's say Mr A can jump a distance of 2 metres, and Mr B can jump a distance of 3 metres. There is a chasm of 4 metres that they need to jump over. By your logic Mr B has a 50 percent higher chance of jumping over the chasm, when in mathematical reality they are both equally fucked, being unable to jump the 4 metres over the chasm. Same thing with the splash - it doesn't matter that it's "250%" better. The mathematical reality is that squad members do not generally bunch up in a range of 0.2-0.5 CoH metres for the difference in splash to make any realistic difference.

The hellcat has 0.35 base acc vs infantry, with the same target moving acc modifier. Correct me if I'm wrong on my maths here, but 0.6>0.35
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:03:49 pm by Mysthalin » Logged
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 05:41:26 pm »

Myst, let me sum up LittleDick's thinking proccess

Me think allied strong. Me think M10 OP. Me think Bar OP. Axis weak. Me think me good player cuz I play Axis and me play against noob.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
BigDick
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 06:17:26 pm »

The hellcat has 0.35 base acc vs infantry, with the same target moving acc modifier. Correct me if I'm wrong on my maths here, but 0.6>0.35

the hellcat has better range accuracy modifiers and ur missing my point - you should know better that coh does not work like this "pick a random number and compare it"

look even if consider the case both tanks shoot on not moving infantry without cover or splash influences etc

we have panther needs avg. 10 shots to kill the riflesquad
and the hellcat needs avg. 11.4 shots to kill the grensquad

the panther has a reload of 7s the hellcat a reload of 4.2s thats almost 67% longer reload for the panther

so i ask you who kills infantrysquads with its maingun better? (no question that hellcat/m10 fucking rape inf by crushing but thats not the point)

my point is if someone says the panther is great against infantry you need to say the m10/hellcat gun is great up to fucking awesome against infantry
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:34:13 pm by BigDick » Logged
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 03:45:15 pm »

Panther is by far better vs infantry than the hellcat, it hits far more often. There's nothing else to it.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 05:23:48 pm »

but hc is great for dealing with infantry!

for what the panther does, ill take a panther over a p4 to deal with infantry.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 05:56:40 pm »

Technically though he has a point, if a heavy or superheavy is limited to 1 or 2, a player shouldn't be able to get another one through reward units. I don't know if there's an easy way to fix this though. There's a reason we only allow 1 superheavy. Getting another superheavy on top of that through the reward unit system is something we don't want happening.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc