Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 01:38:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for new players  (Read 3165 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: January 11, 2012, 02:37:48 am »

in the quick start tutorial can you emphasize the importance of having a name that matches?

a good example would be

ABcd12

you must make sure your name is the same it cannot be abcd12, ABCD12, AbCd12 it has to be ABcd12 EXACTLY as it is seen here. if not then your company will not be in game.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 05:36:29 am »

This name MUST match one of your relic online profile names exactly. It is case sensitive.

I guess I can add an example and put it in bold letters
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 07:44:04 am »

I dont think it woulod make a differance, as in the little scrolly thing in the launcher bottom ,it sais name must match CASE SENSITIVE. Some people just asume they dont need to read instructions. These are the noob nobody gives a fuck about when they cry

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 09:29:49 am »

in the quick start tutorial can you emphasize the importance of having a name that matches?

a good example would be

ABcd12

you must make sure your name is the same it cannot be abcd12, ABCD12, AbCd12 it has to be ABcd12 EXACTLY as it is seen here. if not then your company will not be in game.

There comes a point when it is pointless to give anymore instruction. We can not cater to the retarded or lazy.

The more we clutter the tutorial, the less people will want to read or watch it.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 09:31:41 am »

It's also something experienced players can look out for when they have new players joining their game.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 01:03:46 pm »

and also pls tell the new players to join Coh MODS Channel when they r in game so it will be easier to find them if they don't know what to do next when they get in the game  Wink

or make EIR MODS chat channel in coh  Wink

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 01:09:41 pm »

There comes a point when it is pointless to give anymore instruction. We can not cater to the retarded or lazy.

The more we clutter the tutorial, the less people will want to read or watch it.

Tank sometimes you just don't understand, i have played many mods for many different games, and most when its required to entire your account name, it will work for all subnames you choose to use.

It is extremely confusing when its not using your primary account (that your keys and other such are bound too) but instead its bound to the sub-profiles which alot of people don't think about as they can be created and deleted at will and to most are quite meaning-less. Take the very overlay of steam, my profile name is permanent, no matter how many times i change my name it will always be bound to the name it was created, the only one that matters, if you change the name you don't lose access to you games bound to it, where as with this mod if you don't use a specific sub-name you can't access your army which is confusing since you are using the right account.  This is not being lazy and stupid like not reading a tutorial if you don't understand how to create an army, its actually quite weird.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:14:53 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »

and also pls tell the new players to join Coh MODS Channel when they r in game so it will be easier to find them if they don't know what to do next when they get in the game  Wink

or make EIR MODS chat channel in coh  Wink

YES! very good point i always forget about this, but thats incredibly important as well.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 05:24:22 pm »

@ Spartan: if new players were to actually read or watch the tutorials we have in place, they specifically tell you to use the same Forum name and profile name as your Relic account. It also states that it must be exactly the same as your Relic name and is case sensitive.

Currently they can be different, but that will be changing with the anti smurf changes coming up. As well, we are eliminating the need to register for the both the launcher and the forum separately. That is to say, if you get in the launcher and do not have a forum account, it will link you directly to making a forum account and vice versa.

So my point is, if people are actually following the instructions given, then they would not have the issue that RikiRude has posted. So adding even more instructions to the instructions they are not reading anyway, would be pointless.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 06:00:20 pm »

@ Spartan: if new players were to actually read or watch the tutorials we have in place, they specifically tell you to use the same Forum name and profile name as your Relic account. It also states that it must be exactly the same as your Relic name and is case sensitive.

You deftly ignore my point. Relic account =/= COH profile
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 06:05:19 pm »

Well there's very little we can do about the confusion that stems from having:
a RO account
RO profiles
An eir account
EIR profiles (that need to match an RO profile)

I also don't think we can explain it any better than we do, with screenshots.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 06:09:51 pm »

I wasn't trying to say do it better, but was trying to counsel patience as its probably the only  thing in the mod that once its been done right never happens again.

I tire of the entire 'fucking noob' attitude when half the time a kind work and a piece of advice will end up getting it right and possibly bring in a few friends.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 09:02:02 pm »

You deftly ignore my point. Relic account =/= COH profile

Can you clarify your point then?

Currently my relic account is tank130. My CoH profile is also tank130, but I also have other CoH profiles.

Our current tutorials clearly state that your EiRR forum profile and launcher accounts must be exactly the same as your Relic account.

Are saying we should also state that when you join the game to use the same CoH profile that matches your Relic account name and the EiRR Forum account and EiRR launcher profile name they just created?
Are you suggesting that we add all this to an already cluttered tutorial for the people who couldn't possibly fathom the idea of using the same name we so adamantly push for you to use?

I guess we could. But seriously, there becomes a point where we expect people to use some common sense.

If the tutorials become too full and bogged down, the majority of people are not going to use them in their entirety and we will have even bigger problems than we have now.
The issues Rikki is referring to are a result of people not reading the tutorials, not because of a misunderstanding between Relic acct =/= CoH profile.

I tire of the entire 'fucking noob' attitude when half the time a kind work and a piece of advice will end up getting it right and possibly bring in a few friends.

I spent hours creating video tutorials, cleaning up the Getting started Forum, organizing relinking the tutorials and creating a button for new players. Leo spent hours creating a quick start tutorial, working together with me on a getting started button. ROFLMAO spent hours relinking the tutorials on the home page and finalizing the "New Players" button. EiRRMod spent how ever long relinking the tutorials in the launcher.

After all this time and resources were spent by members of the Dev team, we still get a post like this one:
Hey Guys,

Just new to this mod.

Could not find the answer to this using the search function, if answer is somewhere else please post link.
When i start up the launcher it asks for my Login and password, So I setup a login and password via the link on the right of the login screen, then went back to launcher and tired to login, but it says the details are incorrect.  What are you supposed to put on this screen?

Luckily the poster found the answer to his question and posted as such. But the point is there is no way in hell he watched the tutorials, or read them.

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 02:15:08 am »

It's because you call them Relic Accounts instead of CoH profiles, something which originally confuses me and which I still wonder about why you say that.

Relic Profile is what you use to go online, not your CoH profile. Make that change in the tutorial and you will see a lot less confusion.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 05:36:14 am »

Actually, in COH they are called 'relic online profiles' as well...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:55:34 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 06:05:51 am »

I know that, but nobody actually calls them that, that's not what they're known as.

Your Relic Online profile is the single profile you use to log into the game itself. Then you choose a CoH profile.

Call them CoH profiles. Thank me later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc