Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 10:29:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ditch Win/losses in Battle List, make it just say Battles  (Read 4654 times)
VanOwen Offline
Donator

« on: January 12, 2012, 06:30:53 pm »

It basically means battles at the moment... so why not just change the text to say games or battles.

Plus it helps people forget about their W/L ratios, which I hear those punk kids care about.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »

no

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:34:04 pm »

Nice diplomatic answer there Demon Wink, Tbh it has been discussed thou, and I  agree, the stats can be very misleading and resulting in players getting sanctioned against just because they have a poor W/L ratio.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:04:17 am »

VanOwen is suggesting changing the wording from Win/Lose to games or battles.

Makes sense to me. The number is actualy the games played.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 01:45:29 am »

well,I do remember before people would avoid you when you had poor ratio,so would I avoid people with poor ratio. On the other hand,noobs would easier dodge some stacks. Right now I usually dont play 2v2's with random guy,and 3v3's only if there is 1 person on my side who I know who it is.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:29:29 am »

Yes, should be an easy fix.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 12:52:19 pm »

agreed, good point.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 01:03:35 pm »

Change it back so that you can see wins/losses please.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 03:30:55 pm »

Nah im tired of having my W/L used against me when im trying to help some new guys get a game and have a smurf stack join against me.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 04:22:22 pm »

maybe add a w/l ratio?

i'd love to see average points as part of everyones profile.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
VanOwen Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 08:51:40 pm »

I have nothing with giving people a place to see their own Win/Loss information... but placing that data publically in the battle creation screen just tends to make people their gang up or avoid battles completely.

I would say its fine to have that data in another screen if you like but, having it in the battle joining screen would discourage people from playing where they would otherwise.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 09:41:40 pm »

I would never get games. At least not on my original company.
The win loss is so horrendous i'd sit in launcher forever.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 01:41:13 am »

would noobs start to dodge noobs? :p

hmm,maybe if you could make it,so it becomes visible if you have 2x or 3x times of wins than looses. So people can see if someone is rly good/stacker/or whatever so they can avoid him if they are new etc. All others can be like now,meaning it can still be normal guy with around 50:50 ratio.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 05:07:02 am »

I have nothing with giving people a place to see their own Win/Loss information... but placing that data publically in the battle creation screen just tends to make people their gang up or avoid battles completely.

I would say its fine to have that data in another screen if you like but, having it in the battle joining screen would discourage people from playing where they would otherwise.

ehm to have Win/Lose ratio puplic makes no difference with the actual system!

except u play ones a week or so u know those players skill level. either intelligence or the games played compared to the lv (20 games played, still lv 7) detect obviously some lower skilled players tbh

even for balancing games the win/lose ratio is useless! i know players that play with everyone (noobs, failguys, new players) and has a negative or bad win/lose ratio although hes good player. Other players that only stack with good players gets an amazing ratio although they just might be medicore

iam for deleting the win/lose ratio, there is no sense of having it there. Battles played sounds much better!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:08:55 am by hans » Logged

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 05:47:11 am »

ehm to have Win/Lose ratio puplic makes no difference with the actual system!

except u play ones a week or so u know those players skill level. either intelligence or the games played compared to the lv (20 games played, still lv 7) detect obviously some lower skilled players tbh

even for balancing games the win/lose ratio is useless! i know players that play with everyone (noobs, failguys, new players) and has a negative or bad win/lose ratio although hes good player. Other players that only stack with good players gets an amazing ratio although they just might be medicore

iam for deleting the win/lose ratio, there is no sense of having it there. Battles played sounds much better!

well said^^
BigDick
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 05:50:57 am »

tell us more of ur secret stomping tips please   Shocked Shocked Shocked

i thought you get exp depending how high the rank of opponents you played was

and is it really possible to be still a lvl7 after 20 games? u sure?  Huh Huh Huh
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 05:58:43 am »

tell us more of ur secret stomping tips please   Shocked Shocked Shocked

stomping tips? u are on the wrong horse mate!

i thought you get exp depending how high the rank of opponents you played was

and is it really possible to be still a lvl7 after 20 games? u sure?  Huh Huh Huh

hmm maybe i was wrong with the detail, sry bout this. Wanted to point out sth in general.

In general u get or achieve with 21 games played rank 9. if u play 25 games and u are still not rank 9 u have two possible reasons:

1. u play with lots of noobs new guys what ever against stacks of good or medicore players although u are good and lose therefore

2. u are bad and it doesnt matter with who u play u lose coz even medicore players beat u

same with rank 6! if u have played 4 games u can get rank 6. if u played 6 games and are still lv 5 u can  easily know, that he might lost most of the games!

PS: in general means not, to win all games! u can also get rank 9 with less then 21 games played, but therefore u have to win nearly all games. But thats not the general case in my opinion!
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 08:12:13 am »

damn hippies ruining eir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc