Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:21:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me, your very own reason Why...  (Read 14040 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 21, 2012, 10:45:24 am »

Stormtroopers are so overpowered in your mind? I'd want to hear a detailed reason from people who believe it is so overpowered that they shed tears of rage even at the mentioning of it and lose their motivation AND Morale with EVERYTHING if they even see cloaked men.

I'm actually curious to hear- and see.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 10:50:28 am »

before u start those threads, u should play allies!

u can easily find ways in which they seem to be pretty normal. But as long as u play rarely or never allies, u cant really be involved in such a discussion. Srsly stop this bull...

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 10:53:18 am »

if they even see cloaked men.

how do you see something that is cloaked?  Cool

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:03:38 am »

Who is afraid of stormies??

Herp Derp, Arty Awareness, herp derp, 25lbr, boom splat not more Stormies.

Or for Americans, use some god damned BARs.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:25:57 am »

Stormies are not simple to counter without detection buffs

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 11:46:21 am »

Because stormies get to fight where they are most advantagous 70% of the time.

You get to pick your battles where and when unless the enemy is a commando lower T4, or is a jeep/recon section spammer.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »

agree with both dark and smoke

the problem is keep it moving + storms. keep it moving makes the storms main weakness go away. they usually get away from suppression before it does anything. add in elite armor and it's even harder to deal with.

yes if you get a good arty shot you can cripple storms, what if you don't haev arty?
yes if you have a sniper with you, once they decloak you can put hurt on them, but really, having one piece of armor, or an atg killed and only being able to sniper 1 guy, worthless.
yes you might have rifles following along with BARs, but storms will be able to get away with keep it moving, or if they have elite armor will be so tough that you don't manage to kill any.
yes I can bring a jeep, but it won't last more than 3 seconds after I find the storms.
yes I can bring atgs with rifles in front filtering and a quad for good measure, but those storms will be spotting for their tiger/p4 so your rifles will get hit, when you move up your atgs, the storms will kill at least one atg, the tiger will kill the other, than both will deal with the quad.
yes you can try to bring m10/m18 to hunt the armor, but chances are it's got support rendering your attack useless.

these are the problems you face vs storms as US. and a good player really only needs one 2x double schreck storm call in to do enough damage to cripple a US player, if they destroy 4 atg and a vehicle, they have done their job, and it's not very difficult to do.

as CW they aren't as big of a problem, I don't run as much armor as CW and recon squads do their job quite well vs storms.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 01:16:51 pm »

I wouldnt call stormies OP, but i do hate having them in this game.
Yes 1 rifleman or 2 flame eng can spot and scare away stormies. But they have the ability to have cloak just as a good as a sniper but with much higher survivability and ability to fuck up any defenses or emplacements is just horrible. THey can walk right infront of 2 mgs throw a gernade at one MG team and cloak right in front of the other, and repeat the process.  So mgs, mortars, and ATGs defense can be made useless really fast, by having these guys just walk right up to them.

Their shreks cut through US armor more way more effective than ATG against axis armor. Not to mention zero rotation speed. So better than a pak.
You can inf spot a repairing tiger surrounded by inf. So you bring in a pershing with support of course, but you are greeted by 6 shreks from the rear.  Even with jeeps you have to have a jeep close enough to spot them.

I think giving cloak to such a lethal force, needs to have limits. Like no cloaking in red cover. And a more serious movement penalty.
From a thematic point of view. I dont think any unit should be able to cloak on the move that isnt in green cover.
Sniper only exception due to low HP.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:20:29 pm by Poppi » Logged
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »

Yep, Stop dodging hard games nightrain and started playing allies and then you'll understand completely why it's bullshit, in the hands of a skilled player Storms/Falls are OP

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 03:05:54 pm »

before u start those threads, u should play amis!

fixed

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 03:09:18 pm »

Stormtroopers are so overpowered in your mind? I'd want to hear a detailed reason from people who believe it is so overpowered that they shed tears of rage even at the mentioning of it and lose their motivation AND Morale with EVERYTHING if they even see cloaked men.

I'm actually curious to hear- and see.

All of your posts piss me off.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 03:15:51 pm »

another thing, even if you have arty to toss at storms, its not too hard for them to cloak and get past your lines to kill the arty.

Yep, Stop dodging hard games nightrain and started playing allies and then you'll understand completely why it's bullshit, in the hands of a skilled player Storms/Falls are OP

Oh man don't get me started on those fucking falls, so OP.

In general I agree storms aren't OP, they are fucking tough though, and in skilled hands those falls and storms are just retarded.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 03:32:37 pm »

Their shreks cut through US armor more way more effective than ATG against axis armor. Not to mention zero rotation speed. So better than a pak.

well,since you pay for 1 shrek almost as much as you pay for atg munition vise...so yeah,compare single shreck with atg...guess what wins  Roll Eyes
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 03:46:05 pm »

well,since you pay for 1 shrek almost as much as you pay for atg munition vise...so yeah,compare single shreck with atg...guess what wins  Roll Eyes

You can't circle strafe a shrek :/
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 04:06:56 pm »

I love you smurf, but you constantly lose credibility whenever you make arguments like this.  You never play on the allied side so you really shouldn't even be on here arguing on any balance threads except whether or not something is funny. 

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 04:11:41 pm »

o smurf u so funny
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 04:12:19 pm »

You can't circle strafe a shrek :/

You can't push it around with a jeep either Wink

Everything has a counter, just happens that you can negate the advantages of cloak with a cheap support unit.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 04:16:27 pm »

Everything has a counter, just happens that you can negate the advantages of cloak with a cheap support unit.

good luck getting a jeep close enough to double shrecks to push them around, and pushing them around will do what? good luck microing rifles over or a tank when your working on that jeep!
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 04:18:45 pm »

ok you micro your jeep around my storms while i roll you around with my p4 or my tiger kk? btw what happends when they kill all your jeeps? because I know your micro isn't perfect.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 04:40:35 pm »

So are we doing 2 stormies and tiger? 26 pop right? Swarm of bars, jeep, m18. Bars kill chreks while under fire from tank, jeep pushes to keep them around, m18 snips at tiger.....

Or more simply, offmap, troll tiger with m18, done.

Storms are scary if you dont have the tools, that's why I run 6-7 jeeps in my armor coy. Recons do it fof my brits along with arty awareness.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc