Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:32:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: so. updates  (Read 8204 times)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« on: February 10, 2012, 05:59:23 pm »

So when exactly are we going to see doctrines that are on par with terror?. i know this has probably been talked about to much so everyones bored but for reals. ive nevr seen so much units with buffs ont hem at once.  The axis Hmg is already better then the allied one, yet they give it  focus fire,elite armor,mp44s, and a extra source of healing (ambulance,medkits). or the other tier making your inantry stand up in suppression take less damage deal more dps and get weapons on par with bars.

This of course has been the arguement and discussion since terror was out. so i ask when are we going to see doctrine balancing, since this game is all about persistence and doctrines etc. you give us no updates other then the trademark Soon. which is not a answer as soon varies from person to person.

You would think that one of the mods would say hey, here are the updates we are working this is the estimated time to be update and give updates on the updates its better then being left in the dark.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
IJustDontCare Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:17:52 pm »

Never.

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »

Never.

Soon.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:51:00 pm »

Were working on em.  Infantry is all fixed up and AB is getting slammed out now.  Please stand by. 

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 08:05:18 pm »

Heh... to be fair, there are two really easy counters to terror heavy support spam... snipers and artillery, flamers do a good number on em to.
Either will make short work of a HS player, it's not flawless by any means

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 08:46:09 pm »

Heh... to be fair, there are two really easy counters to terror heavy support spam... snipers and artillery, flamers do a good number on em to.
Either will make short work of a HS player, it's not flawless by any means

I didnt say it was flawless This wasnt even directed towards you. in general Terror has more buffs then any other doctrine by alot and it buffs everything.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 09:05:38 pm »

Define buffs everything...

Because as far as I know most docs buff everything one way or another, even armor coy get some buffed infartry (Even if it's not all to strong)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 09:36:15 pm »

lets compare.

T3 Field modification mg42 focus fire, grenadier grenades do 25% more damage. some tanks get 10+ sight.
panther panzer KT gets stug supression MG.

T3 commandos
officers 20-% recieved accuracy. heroic charge less regen gain heroic charge. cct and jeep get 15%- received accuracy.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:34 pm »

lets compare.

T3 Field modification mg42 focus fire, grenadier grenades do 25% more damage. some tanks get 10+ sight.
panther panzer KT gets stug supression MG.

T3 commandos
officers 20-% recieved accuracy. heroic charge less regen gain heroic charge. cct and jeep get 15%- received accuracy.

One is spread out and the other is just concentrated. Heroic charge is probably one of the best abilities in the game, and the ability to just spam it more then makes up for the terror spread.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Colossus Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 10:21:25 pm »

well heroic charged despite its name is best at least i have noticed defensively  when u got a mass of units they tend to blow them to bits. and he said buff everything i was giving him a example. anything is spammable when u think about it spartan. if i take 3 cpt or w/e thats  21 infantry pool? :L on a unit that gets one shotted my a p4 or something. i know the idea isnt to run into a p4 or anything but sometime situations occur like that. ive never had a vet 2 officer Cry
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 12:20:34 am »

Are you scared when you fight them?

I think you are, therefore the doc is making its apperance clear.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 02:25:20 am »

Are you scared when you fight them?

I think you are, therefore the doc is making its apperance clear.

i wouldnt say scarred more frustrated when it beats me because i didnt spam arty or bring tons of flame.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 03:56:15 am »

i know aero u r angry becuase of support spam we did with rolscika yesterday but cmon man u kept charging straight to mgs with blobs + lt and than QQ about mgs being OP   Cheesy u got arty, we killed it, than again blobs vs mgs and QQ and now rage post on forums   Tongue

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 04:10:57 am »

I suggest you watch that game jack/smokaz vs morka/skaffa,smoakz had nice ammount of mg's and allies just made them useless Wink
so yeah,I wouldnt call em OP at all,allies have nice counters to them.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 08:07:53 am »

i know aero u r angry becuase of support spam we did with rolscika yesterday but cmon man u kept charging straight to mgs with blobs + lt and than QQ about mgs being OP   Cheesy u got arty, we killed it, than again blobs vs mgs and QQ and now rage post on forums   Tongue

We never blobbed anything, actually. And there's a limit on what I'd call reasonable with those doctrine buffs. Your on-field force was nothing but PaKs, MGs, and armor, with 1-2 recrew squads wandering about. It wasn't about outcapping; tanks could roll out, kill the cappers, and the PaKs and MGs would hold down the rest. There were at least 3-4 PaKs and 4-6 MGs minimum trolling around all the time. I'd call that interlocking gimmicks between you and rolc.

Ah, I forgot the storms that you had everywhere. So many freaking storms....oh yeah, with elite armor. So your collective team was fielding nothing but elite armor...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:11:43 am by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 08:10:04 am »

this is why allies have arty  Roll Eyes
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 08:12:03 am »

Mg's are close to useless vs some doctrines, hell I cant think of one allied doctrine right now that can't specialize in avoiding getting supressed. MGs being so weak supports blobbing very much in eirr.

Also since the vast majority of players plan their game around what they THEMSELF want to do ingame, and not what they know the game can be like or the acts of their opponents they will always be super frustrated. In other words, CC stands for counter company and if something isn't CC'able its because its OP out the ass like acpr marders + scout car spam on the right map.

Dont make opening callins or entire companies based entirely around some masturbation dream about how you think it should be, use the experience from games to adapt your style.

very good players can have this block, as gamey as it feels I believe its a step up in enlightement when you stop caring about your ego Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:15:08 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 10:02:55 am »

Dont make opening callins or entire companies based entirely around some masturbation dream about how you think it should be,

This is the number 1 problem with 98% of EIR's playerbase. If they just didn't do this, they would rarely have the need to come and start forum threads like this.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 01:24:10 pm »

exactly, thats what metagame is, something you adapt to.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 06:27:41 pm »

exactly, thats what metagame is, something you adapt to.
I dissagree, most my starts work fine and I never gave two craps about what others do  Cheesy
Then again, my starts are all pretty balanced in general...  Undecided
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc