Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 01:26:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tank Crew Concept  (Read 6038 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: February 27, 2012, 02:50:00 pm »

Without coming up with any details (which everyone would whine about, ofc), the thought occured to me that giving tanks a tank crew that have some special criteria about them preventing zombie vet tanks would be a nice touch.

So, the concept I had in mind was a 'tank crew' upgrade that you could purchase on any armored vehicle (even jeeps, if you cared). There'd be Light, Medium, Heavy, and Ace crews depending on the vehicle's class it's vet level (Ace coming at Vet3, obviously). You'd purchase this upgrade and it would garrison the selected tank with the crew like a halftrack; all armored vehicles would have a "capacity" added to them. To prevent booking it and just "recrewing" the tank later, there wouldn't be an enter/exit button/hotkey available--this is where halftrack crits come in. The crew would only be available if the tank was destroyed. Once the tank explodes, it would essentially 'shit out' a squad of troops, with the chance of them all being killed, half the squad's men or half of all the men's health removed, or nothing happening at all (as if a fully garrisoned halftrack was destroyed). To prevent insta-retreating the crew and LOLsaving them, the crew would have a new ability. After being ejected from the tank, the crew would fall under the effects of fire up (intended to gtfo away from whatever is shooting at them) for it's standard duration (also eventually suffering exhaustion), and simultaniously be prevented from retreating from the field manually or otherwise for 2-3 minutes. After the cooldown/duration of the ability was over, the tank crew would then autoretreat off-field. The crew would lack the ability to recrew weapons, capture/hold territory, or garrison buildings or trenches.

Historically, U.S. and British tank crews tended to be armed with lighter weapons (Thompsons, Grease Guns, Carbines, or M1911 .45s; and Stens or Webley's, respectively) while German tank crews, while equally well armed (Lugers, MP40s, and MP44s (in rare cases), they were trained to dismount the 3 MG34s or MG42s from their tank and fight as foot soldiers, and as such I toyed with the idea of arming the troups appropriately. To counteract the fairly deadly firepower that (if implimented) would be at their disposal, each faction's armor crew regardless of type or veterancy level would only have 40 HP per man. Each tank crew would occupy 0 population; population would still be linked to the tank's entity.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 02:54:42 pm »

So many have suggested of similar but so little has been accomplished.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 03:00:49 pm »

Wonder if the devs would implement it if i could get that shit to work...
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:17 pm »

Wonder if the devs would implement it if i could get that shit to work...

Fingers crossed.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 03:06:10 pm »

its been looked at.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 03:09:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure its possible, like a static emplacement being re-manned. Tweak requirements and modifiers and such. Don't fully understand it, but i could give it a try. 
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 03:10:37 pm »

search for it, it was something that was kicked around that never came to be.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 03:17:37 pm »

I know it's possible to garrison the crew and have weapons manned by the garrisoned crew, like the halftracks .50 cal.

I'm sure it's possible for everything else.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 03:34:22 pm »

I know it's possible to garrison the crew and have weapons manned by the garrisoned crew, like the halftracks .50 cal.

I'm sure it's possible for everything else.

The russian mod or eastern front, has a tank that  has 3 members with weapons u decrew.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
BigDick
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »

is that the sad try of volski to vetwhore tanks by retreating the crew because he fails at saving vehicle vet currently?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The russian mod or eastern front, has a tank that  has 3 members with weapons u decrew.

i think what your talking about is the tankriders T34 of eastern front mod

that is basically a T34 75mm with Guards (some kind of elite inf) sitting on the back of the tank

you can dismount the guards (i think its a 6 men squad or something) and they will become a normal infantry squad

but you can't dismount the crew of a tank in eastern front
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 03:49:43 pm »

Blitzkreig mod he's thinking of, and tank crews augment the ability of the tank. You can get tank commanders on it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 04:18:37 pm »

ya, tank commanders for blitz is awesome.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 06:29:32 pm »

if you were to make a tank have a /1 garrison value, and make its veterancy based off of the veterancy of the tank crew unit you put inside of it. it could work

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 06:52:38 pm »

thats how blitz does it. Its basically an officer unit with 0 or 1 range so it only buffs the tank.

however, the crew and the tank itself get different vet levels, which tbh i dont find an issue with. have low xp levels for the tank itself and high xp for crew.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 02:23:00 pm »

It could be done, problem is that life > eir and the devs are obviously busy with the former right now.

BD, I dont give a flying fuck about tank vet. At all. Grow the fuck up.
BigDick
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 03:56:27 pm »

BD, I dont give a flying fuck about tank vet. At all. Grow the fuck up.

cool story bro - ur so not tightened to your vet whoring  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 05:47:04 pm »

Play nice in the sand box gents or the thread gets locked.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 08:51:28 pm »

I'm willing to play nice, but trying to find a decent thread in EiRR is like trying to cut a hangnail with a wood chipper.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 09:20:27 pm »

NCH mod, when ace tanks (tigers anyway) are destroyed they shit out crew, tis possible anyway

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 04:16:40 am »

I posted the same kind of thread giving taks a crew but there was no enough priority for this coz they had more important things to do

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19236.0

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc