Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:08:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese language support?  (Read 16798 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 01:55:35 pm »

Are you saying that knowing Chinese is in no way useful? That should be posted in the funny thread.

Knowing Chinese or Russia is almost a IMMEDIATE JOB FOR YOU in any firm that loves foreign sales tbh

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 02:20:38 pm »

Are you saying that knowing Chinese is in no way useful? That should be posted in the funny thread.

once again you fail...

Do you rly claim that it's more useful for you to know Chinese than English?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 02:23:00 pm »

If I had the brains/motivation to learn a new language, I would definitely consider chinese.

My list of languages I would like to learn

1. Chinese
10024.  German

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 02:24:19 pm »

Don't you think it'd be fun to insult BD in his own language though?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 02:25:37 pm »

We should really get his input on that
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 04:07:30 pm »

once again you fail...

Do you rly claim that it's more useful for you to know Chinese than English?

You started with saying that "Chinese learn English like the rest of us". Which is really the same as them saying you should learn Chinese like the rest of us.

You say Chinese is more difficult to learn. I don't see how it's in any way different for native Chinese speaking people to learn English.

You then say Chinese is of no use unless you go to a 3rd world country? I don't think this really needs more comment right?

Your last reason is because EiRR isn't Chinese, therefore it's no use to learn Chinese. Then what if EiRR was Chinese? Would you go out of your way to learn Chinese to just play EiRR?

And lastly, I never claimed Chinese is more useful than English. I merely said it is useful.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 04:26:40 pm »

you know you are trying to reason with a guy that slaps his salmon to pictures of corpse parts?

- just saying.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »

Chinese would be a very useful language to learn.

Unlike Smurf.... who is completely useless.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 04:40:37 pm »

Yes, I'm Chinese. Grin

欢迎!你住在中国大陆或你住在广东? 我会说一点汉语,对不起, 我不是中国人.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 05:00:22 pm »

Woops, forgot who I was talking to. Hrm :/
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 05:21:19 pm »

lol?

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 10:50:53 pm »

You started with saying that "Chinese learn English like the rest of us". Which is really the same as them saying you should learn Chinese like the rest of us.

You say Chinese is more difficult to learn. I don't see how it's in any way different for native Chinese speaking people to learn English.

You then say Chinese is of no use unless you go to a 3rd world country? I don't think this really needs more comment right?

Your last reason is because EiRR isn't Chinese, therefore it's no use to learn Chinese. Then what if EiRR was Chinese? Would you go out of your way to learn Chinese to just play EiRR?

And lastly, I never claimed Chinese is more useful than English. I merely said it is useful.

1. English isnt too hard to learn,actually it's quite easy to learn compared to a lot of languages,it's also one of the reason why it's so spread across the world.

2. LOL,no. I was being sarcastic,when I am saying that in Europe and America Chinese is most spoken language,and other part of the sentence doesnt even have anything to do with Chinese,dunno how did you connect that I think that Chinese is only usefull in 3rd Eorld country?!  Roll Eyes

3.you do understand a joke,do you? Also sentence has bit of sarcasm.

ANd lastly,where did you then read that I say Chinese is useless?
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 10:52:36 pm »

Chinese would be a very useful language to learn.

Unlike Smurf.... who is completely useless.

lol,and yet,you spent your time,on argues with me,while you can be learning Chinese  Grin
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 10:56:57 pm »

all in neutral grounds I'm pretty sure what he tries to say is that it would be better if the Chinese players learned English rather than convert their own language to the modification. Why? Generally EIRR is a Open ground with the standard language as English. Should people with no English skill join it would mean that none would be able to help them or want to play with them properly meaning that the community would split into two. English speaking community and non-English speaking community. Therefore learning English to play a mod properly would be far better solution than converting the whole thing in to Chinese...On the positive side knowing some english in China is better than knowing little China in Europe/USA.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 11:24:01 pm »

so what happens when on your team you have guy,with whom you cant communicate in no possible way. It only gets better if he has  zero tactical sense(and we have all seen it) or is a complete noob. What makes player to play again with this person?
+ how do you tell this guy to leave your game? lol
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 01:19:24 am »

I don't think there is much to fear for having Chinese randomly join your games. They probably will start games within their own community? And the timezone difference would probably help that too I'm guessing (not sure on this).

The biggest concern is the chat getting cluttered between English and Chinese players. I'm guessing multiple chattabs/rooms would be difficult to implement at this stage?

I mean, all they're asking for is the ability to bring in their own translations right? The problem being the autoupdater reverting those files.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 02:56:04 am »

They probably will start games within their own community?

Problem Number #1

If community splits into 2 Separated ones it'll cause problems it would mean whole EIRR Forum would have to be split into two and maybe even more.

The best and the easiest solution is to learn little English. It is the global language of the current world and aint going to change for years to come. Ontop of it it is GLOBAL language of Europe in Ruins Modification.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 03:12:43 am »

wow are you guys really arguing over the possibility of having people who don't speak your language play EIRR, asif having English skills gives you authority to tell people to learn a new language or gtfo.

Proof of not needing English is I don't even need to talk to any of yous if I want to play an EIRR game, half the people who play don't even want to get in vent and I tell them no if they ask me if I want them in. What other reason could you have, discussing teamwork? pffsht, most of the time is people complaining in vent that there units are being killed and you want to yell at your team mate for not helping out, or if you are saying you are attacking or defending this position, which is easily transferred to FLASHING on the map, which everyone understands!

Don't want to see Chinese characters in the launcher? grow up, Ive seen far worse shit in the launcher in English.

Communication in EIRR is not God anymore, Ive come to realise that.

Besides, rifle made the translation to get into EIRR, so hopefully our nice fellow here will link it to their friends and the chinese community will play here, no matter if you like it or not, you cant stop it and you can QQ here all you want.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 03:27:40 am »

Problem Number #1

If community splits into 2 Separated ones it'll cause problems it would mean whole EIRR Forum would have to be split into two and maybe even more.

The best and the easiest solution is to learn little English. It is the global language of the current world and aint going to change for years to come. Ontop of it it is GLOBAL language of Europe in Ruins Modification.

This isn't a community split. I'm sure if they come here as a group they have their own forums anyway. It's not like OMG/EIR where the (then) current community members split up. It's just the influx of new players.

I'm just wondering what the difficulty would be in changing the updater to not revert the Chinese localization files?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 09:44:44 am »

We welcome everyone to our community and Mod.
It is important that the community not be divided between races, we are a non-racist community.

Creating launcher codes or whatever to intentionally create separate communities will be counter productive. If we start doing that, we would have to do it for every known language on the planet. I am sure no one here thinks their race is superior to another....... Well, you might, but that bullshit stays out of this forum.

This mod was created in English and that is the only reason it is that way. The mod is English, the sky is blue.

If community members are unable to communicate in other languages, they can communicate with each other in vent or via PM.

It all comes down to respect. If I come to your forums and it is not my language, I need to respect that and  adjust accordingly. It would be unfair of me to expect you to do all the work necessary to make your community be accessible to every language on earth.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc