Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:45:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New anti smurf system?  (Read 11079 times)
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 04, 2012, 10:17:49 am »

Please explain to me how it works beacuse I see more "new" names then before tbfh. So either there is alot of new players or you guys just failed the war against smurfs.

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:20:39 am »

Yeah it seems pretty fail tbh, so many Smurfs now it's kinda retarded

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:23:17 am »

1 simple way is to hover your mouse over the name in the "players online" tab, copy the name into "search for members" and then you can see who it is and weather if its for example a noob,pro or just an old player coming back.
 if its a good player ingame and you suspect he/she might be a smurf that is making multiple accounts then you post on the dispute forum(i think) and the mods take care of the rest.

The reason why you put it into the "search for members" and look is because it shows the login name not the actual forum name for example when you hover over my name in the launcher you get spilarinn not TheIcelandicDictator.

Is this of any use?
I take the lack of anybody giving a shit as a no.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:34:00 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:15 am »

awww nobody posted in 5 mins and now baby iceland is sad

what does it help us to use this "method" of yours when we look up victoriacross and find a 0 post account

also smurf system sucks bad as it protects the expectations of the dev team and not the players
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:54:06 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:44:48 am »

1 simple way is to hover your mouse over the name in the "players online" tab, copy the name into "search for members" and then you can see who it is and weather if its for example a noob,pro or just an old player coming back.
 if its a good player ingame and you suspect he/she might be a smurf that is making multiple accounts then you post on the dispute forum(i think) and the mods take care of the rest.

The reason why you put it into the "search for members" and look is because it shows the login name not the actual forum name for example when you hover over my name in the launcher you get spilarinn not TheIcelandicDictator.

Is this of any use?
I take the lack of anybody giving a shit as a no.

yawn

why is everyone except me retarded?
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 10:54:19 am »

its true though, theres many smurfs, agreeing with smokaz, if you look up thier name and it sais 0 games, it doesnt help anything. Just furthur confirming its a smurf
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:56:55 am by 8thRifleRegiment » Logged

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 10:55:49 am »

if you guys are too retarded to figure out how to use it then dont, its just something that is there and you can easily avoid and even noticing but too someone that aint a stroke victim then he can use it to avoid stacks and players smurfing around.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 10:57:09 am »

you can use it to completely AVOID all games with uncommon players yes, which is a co factor to why setting up games is completely crap

Stroke victim has spoken
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 10:57:40 am »

Yeah everybody knows that, but when it comes up with a zero post account you've never seen before it's just like "Well, I knew this guy was a smurf, and after this wonderful research I can come to the conclusion that he is still a smurf! Mission success!"

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 10:58:31 am »

And if he is a fucking smurf running on multiple accounts then you report him.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 10:59:08 am »

What's the point? Not hard to make more dead end accounts

My aim isn't to get him banned, I just wanna know who he is

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 11:00:43 am »

So you want the mods to post the IPs of everyone on the forum?

the only way to find smurfs hiding behind multiple accounts is by reporting them and finding them that way.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 11:00:50 am »

And if he is a fucking smurf running on multiple accounts then you report him.

okay icelandic and how do you know hes running multiple forum accounts?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 11:02:52 am »

Nah, but if they have such a hard on for this no smurf rule, they shouldn't allow more than one account creation per IP

Not everyone is a stand up guy like me who only uses one profile to play

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 11:04:19 am »

if its a good player on an account that was made less than a week ago then you most likely found a smurf.
you then report him too a bloddy mod and see that way if any action is taken, otherwise they would be forced too tie every single account that has ever logged into a specific IP and tie it that way and i am quite sure many people would like their IP logged on a forum for everyone too see.

And then you end up with something like OMGmod, force people for every account on more than 1 IP to reqest a mod too be allowed to create another account, granted that is a pretty fool proof way but as you can see there are almost 0 mods online at any given time.

otherwise you are just fucking people like the hicks brothers in the ass by preventing them too play.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:06:04 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 11:07:15 am »

if he deletes his old forum account and makes a new one, hes smurfing but under techniallities, Hes not becuase he only has one account.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 11:09:21 am »

Nah, but if they have such a hard on for this no smurf rule, they shouldn't allow more than one account creation per IP

Not everyone is a stand up guy like me who only uses one profile to play

And your IP is static?..  (Unless you have a dedicated DSL)

9th Armoured Engineers

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 11:15:10 am »

what does it help us to use this "method" of yours when we look up victoriacross and find a 0 post account

so is there any result that tells me who da hell VictoriaCross is?
Old school account (2008) - and no issues with account.

Id say its an old player coming to play a bit again.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 11:29:20 am »

There is so much fucking fail information in this thread by every single one of you it's fucking ridiculous.

First of all - Most of you guys see a name you do not recognize and automatically assume it is a smurf. 99% of the time you are wrong - completely wrong, but fail to admit it. - Shall I direct you to the "Shab said he was a smurf, so he must be a smurf" thread.....

Second - We do not use your IP as a source to track smurf accounts - correction: that is our first step and easiest, not our only step.

We also track with the computer signature every computer has. So to completely bypass our abilities to track, you must not have a static IP and you must be using a second or third computer.

Tracking your computer signature takes time - and frankly, I do not have enough time to baby sit a bunch of fucking retards every single day, all day. So the odd guy, trying very hard to smurf, may be able to smurf.

Victoriacross is a legit account. He does not have any other accounts - so stop with the QQ. Who fucking cares if it used to be BigDick. If you don't like the way Victoriacross plays or he scares you, then don;t play him. You guys are so hung up on rumor and myth it's pathetic....

And just to squash the other retarded misinformation out there - you can not delete your own forum account.

also smurf system sucks bad as it protects the expectations of the dev team and not the players

Care to enlighten us with WTF that actually means?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 11:31:49 am »

I wiill explain it to you, so you can babysit us more:

It means that the system helps the players fuck all for protecting themselves against griefers and stompers when they are in launcher

so you can report this and report that, what it all boils down to is that when normalplayer17 is in launcher he has no clue whatsoever what this is doing for him, while u can sit on your big pile of money and fiddle through IPs and say "yeah i dont know what the deal is"
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc