Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:40:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] GMC [PE] strummel  (Read 3355 times)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« on: May 05, 2012, 02:23:58 pm »

What would you guys think about adding the Leig arc fire ability to the GMC and the strummel?
that would enable them to fire over something else than already destroyed houses for both of them have difficulty firing over certain unit wrecks.
Could also for balance either shortening the range of it or add a cost for the units to have such a barrage on cooldown.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:27:42 pm by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 03:26:38 pm »

arent they sorta different uses?. Stummel is more infantry based and the GMC is more emplacement based. so i feel like since the splash on GMC is kinda small it would benefit the Stummel alot more.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:36:40 pm »

IMHO, the hardpoint for the cannons on each of the units should be raised by 2-3 CoH units. At the very least make the rounds emerge from the cannons high enough so you don't blow up your own ATGs/PaKs/wrecks youre using as cover.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 03:56:24 pm »

Remember what the armor T4 HE round use to be like? A direct fire shell with big splash. How would you guys feel about that, might be balanced by a long reload though.

Common sense is not so common after all.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 04:08:03 pm »

Remember what the armor T4 HE round use to be like? A direct fire shell with big splash. How would you guys feel about that, might be balanced by a long reload though.
You mean like the old strummel?
That was horribly OP and should never NEVER be done again, neither should you even think about it for oh my god that thing was so gay that i didnt even play with people that used it.
All i am asking if it would be give the GMC/strummel the ability similar too the Leig that would Decrease the speed of the projectile and increase the Arc of the projectile so it would be able to fire over low cover.

If you dont know the old strummel was a direct projectile with pretty great acc and tigersplash and that was the main reason why they nerfed it into oblivion.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:15:20 pm by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »

For christs sake there is no R in Stummel!

Ugh.

More importantly, neither the Stummel or the GMC require an extra ability to make them worthwhile. They are already competent pieces and part of the skill in using them is knowing how to manipulate objects and the terrain to your advantage. Abilities like this would take away from them.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 04:20:55 pm »

All the old HE abilities were better done in my opinion. Just the biggest issue was some like the Stuh had been nerfed into the new variety, while others like the Sherman hadn't so it created a disparity.

I personally think they ALL should be made direct fire AOE and a huge cost to anti vehicle. Make them truly feared by infantry, but that is just my feeling.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 04:32:42 pm »

@Hicks
If you are so competent that the stummel does not need an ability to do some good them please post a replay of it where you are against reasonably good players, i have and somewhat masterd the use of the stummel in its current form and i know unless i am running Scoutcars with lockdown and stummel in the background the unit is hardly worth its own pop on the battlefield even less its own price.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 01:37:08 am »

For christs sake there is no R in Stummel!

Ugh.

More importantly, neither the Stummel or the GMC require an extra ability to make them worthwhile. They are already competent pieces and part of the skill in using them is knowing how to manipulate objects and the terrain to your advantage. Abilities like this would take away from them.

played game with Night yesterday,he was using stummel. Comments after the game were,thank God I didnt take more of them,Why did I pick them,Useless... Wink
With people who used GMC I saw them rack 10+ kills easily on thing,Night didnt manage to rack even 10 kills,and he kept them alive very long.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 01:47:57 am »

I'm fairly sure Stummel requires something to make it worthwhile. Prepatch it had a awsome rate of fire, now its just derp on wheels

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 02:20:08 am »

Mortar splash and dmg plz

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 07:02:56 am »

just do something with the bloody unit, most of us agree that it needs changing so change something next patch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc