Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 09:22:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo3: what do you think about it?  (Read 45806 times)
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2012, 07:49:29 pm »

Nice easter egg.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2012, 06:50:24 pm »

I just found out that I only need to buy it once and you can download it for mac and pc. I was so happy then I learned that it runs like shit on osx and now I'm sad again Sad.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2012, 07:06:36 pm »

I beat it in 12 hours and was disappointed to discover that:

A) Higher difficulty levels are restricted to the characters that you have beaten the preceding difficulty levels with.

B) The supposed "Hard" difficulty is easy as shit, at least for the majority of Act I that I played through before boredom stifled any sense of amusement.

C) The game loses all challenge after Act II. The boss of Act II, Belial, is harder than Diablo.

D) Witch Doctor is so good it's on the verge of imbalance, I shudder to think of what happens in PvP (when it's introduced).

Summarily, I'm glad I didn't buy the game.

Also, the story was absolute trash, but I suppose that is only to be expected of Blizzard.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:08:27 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2012, 08:26:53 pm »

Also, the story was absolute trash, but I suppose that is only to be expected of Blizzard.

Wow , look at that...

Mr. Positive strikes again on the forum!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:30:17 pm by Dnicee » Logged

Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2012, 09:29:42 pm »

Wow , look at that...

Mr. Positive strikes again on the forum!

You haven't made particularly positive posts in the present, Mr. New-guy-helper who coincidentally made a rage-induced dispute vilifying two newer players for their unfortunate ignorance.

The thread title asks what I thought about it, I gave my thoughts. I advise you wait for the inevitable pirated edition instead of wasting $60 on perhaps one of the most overhyped releases in the modern era.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2012, 11:15:23 pm »

I beat it in 12 hours and was disappointed to discover that:

A) Higher difficulty levels are restricted to the characters that you have beaten the preceding difficulty levels with.

B) The supposed "Hard" difficulty is easy as shit, at least for the majority of Act I that I played through before boredom stifled any sense of amusement.

C) The game loses all challenge after Act II. The boss of Act II, Belial, is harder than Diablo.

D) Witch Doctor is so good it's on the verge of imbalance, I shudder to think of what happens in PvP (when it's introduced).

Try it on Hell or Inferno. How would you even play with a level 1 hero in Nightmare where all enemies are level 30+? LOL @ Story in a DIABLO game! All classes are equally OP, my level 33 Barb does 1400dps.

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2012, 11:58:04 pm »

I've been watching Method and GD's stream on and off for the past two days as they tried to beat Inferno mode. Most of the stream content consisted of them dying like flies to elite mobs. Method eventually backed off, farmed gear for a while, and ran like hell from mobs they didn't absolutely need to fight on the way to the bosses.

Method beat Softcore Inferno slightly less than twelve hours ago through that strategy. But I can't see how this game could be too easy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:00:12 am by acker » Logged
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2012, 01:59:15 am »

I only played the beta, but it was exactly what I thought it'd be. It was Diablo. I fuckin' loved the first two, so... yeah. I really want it. It'll be where my next cache of disposable income goes.

I'm not sure what you naysayers were expecting. Blizzard isn't known for innovation - they're known for perfecting the established formula.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2012, 04:30:48 am »

I loled.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2012, 04:42:08 am »

Vermillion Hawk is back to his old self again.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2012, 05:00:02 am »

Vermillion Hawk is back to his old self again.

Are you implying he ever was something else?

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2012, 05:06:07 am »

Is Diablo 3 available through D2D? Where, in that case?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2012, 05:32:42 am »

I have a better question. Did anyone get the box edition or did everyone get the digital one?Smiley

As a side note.. Anyone know what he meant by "Hard" mode? Do you think Nightmare or did he not understand what Hardcore mode does? Somehow I doubt he meant Inferno Smiley
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2012, 06:24:29 am »

Are you implying he ever was something else?

Well roll with it for a little and see how it turns out, and take any measures necessary once some feedback is acquired.
Here we go again, vermillion is on the scene....
oh wait
He posted in a nice manner!  Shocked

nawww come here and give me a hug  Smiley

I was surprised myself haha
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2012, 06:50:35 am »

If you expect a game of Diablo, youw ill not be disapointed, They did not reinvent the wheel. 

The one thing i am a little disapointed about is that after Normal Difficulty, and into nightmare, Gear is Super importantant. 

It becomes a little more like WOW, less Ability to customize your charactor with Stat points and Skills points, more into getting better gear to stay alive. 

I used to never have the best gear, but relied heavily on gettting higher levels and stat points to stay alive, thats not possible in D3. 

So you don;t need the BEst gear, but you do need damn good ones to survive.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2012, 08:00:22 am »

Try it on Hell or Inferno. How would you even play with a level 1 hero in Nightmare where all enemies are level 30+? LOL @ Story in a DIABLO game! All classes are equally OP, my level 33 Barb does 1400dps.

I assure you, Witch Doctor is indeed OP, or nearly on the verge of it. All you need to do to win is Spirit Walk or whatever into a group of enemies and spam the AoE acid attack, it works every damn time, and they can't do anything about it. Spirit Walk in general is a ridiculous ability as well, essentially allowing you to skip any absolutely non-essential encounters with great ease. Thus, I found the game easy.

Allow me to simply point out that in my opinion, story is, in most cases, irrelevant to my enjoyment of a game, unless it's really good, in which case it enhances the experience, or it's really bad, in which case it detracts from a game. In this case, the atrocious and cheesy storyline did in fact detract from the game. I was supposed to care when... SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER... Seriously? Not to mention the fact that Tyrael's speech at the end was so cliche-riddled and poorly-written it ends the game on an overly sour note.

Perhaps the other classes pose a bit more of a challenge, but admittedly I did not play extensively as them. And yeah, I did kind of expect some innovation, considering after 9 years the best they can do is a glorified rehash of elements from Diablo I and II. One expects a little more than a "refinement" after such a period of time, but I should have known better, considering Blizzard is one of the most backwards companies in the industry.

Yet again, just my opinion, but I strongly dissuade potential buyers from rushing out to get the game without prior research.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:30:28 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2012, 08:18:58 am »

So you don;t need the BEst gear, but you do need damn good ones to survive.
To be honest, Diablo 3 is even more about builds than D2 ever was. Since most classes in D2 had 2 - 3 viable builds at best, with 2 - 3 skills to use at most. D3 essentially offers you 6 skill slots and maximum customisation (make sure you enable the gameplay option that allows you to choose skills regardless of their 'tree'). Items do matter a whole lot more, I agree, but it's really not that hard to get good enough gear. You don't have to chip out ridiculous amounts of gold to get competitive gear, you can in fact get high-end gear ridiculously cheap. It's easy to find blue and yellow items that are really good, sometimes even better than the legendary or set items, yet they cost significantly less.

I assure you, Witch Doctor is indeed OP, or nearly on the verge of it.
I love how you make this statement without even playing D3 beyond Nightmare Act 1. You really shouldn't judge the strenght of a build on how it performs in ACT 1 nightmare, rofl. Also, you can build something that feels 'OP' on every hero, it's primarily a PvE game after all. If you get the best gear for your level, mobs are just going to MELT with any class you play. (Except on infero) You are ALSO not really supposed to play through diablo solo each and every time, the game is actually more challenging with a full coop party (since monster strenght scales with the amount of players)

Also, I entirely agree the D3 storyline is utter shit, not to mention most of the cutscenes are terrible. They're overacted, overdone and just generally poorly written. Unfortunately that appears to be a typical blizzard trend, but I don't really care about the storyline at all so whatever. It's gameplay that ultimately matters in a hack and slash game like diablo (not to mention the atmosphere and level design at least are very diablo-esque, which is great) and diablo is a good game at that. If you loved diablo 2, you're going to love diablo 3, no doubt about it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:22:16 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2012, 10:43:35 am »

I have a better question. Did anyone get the box edition or did everyone get the digital one?Smiley

I did. Few guest passes and a small 'book' about each character the world and lore.

Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2012, 11:51:51 am »

I just stopped reading after that but...

... THANKS FOR THE SPOILER ALERT U FUCKING JACKASS!

Oh come on, don't tell me you didn't see it coming from a goddamned mile away? Trust me, having it spoiled to you would likely elicit far more emotion than actually watching the (awful) death scene.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2012, 12:33:41 pm »

Instead of apologising you convince yourself it was just.

Totally didn't see that "coming from a goddamned mile away".

Well that's a shame then, but I'm not going to hobble my own posts with spoiler alerts and whatnot, and if you truly care about the plot that much then perhaps you should avoid reading anything related to it on the internet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc