Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 05:19:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo3: what do you think about it?  (Read 45666 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2012, 01:30:16 pm »

Ummm....I don't get anywhere near 3 shotted and my tank isn't that great.

Oh wait, that's called a proper build and items and knowing how to engage things and read their animations.

chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2012, 01:31:29 pm »

Rifles n Atgs.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2012, 01:34:58 pm »

I like Diablo 3, it's pretty fun to play with friends or alone. What exactly is it that all of you are debating/complaining about?

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2012, 01:43:24 pm »

I compared game design in terms of difficulty, not in gameplay mechanics. There was a point in BC where only a select few guilds could actually down Illidan, those were the hardcore guilds that put a LOT of time into it. If there was no stupid hard inferno, what are the people who put a stupid lot of time into Diablo 3 suppose to do? Continue chilling in Hell? I hear replaying something thats easy to begin with for gear that makes it easier is a lot of fun...I'm saying there should be something to caters to hardcore players. Something that is HARD for even the Hardcore group. While its still POSSIBLE for everyone, which inferno is, they will most likely give up pretty quickly. Theres nothing wrong with a difficulty that most people won't actually be able to beat, if anything its a good thing.
So your saying the hardcore scene is supposed to farm for hours and then play with stale pure gearcheck gameplay? Thats not a good hardcore endgame. A good hardcore endgame gives room for increases in both gear AND skill. And the gear in that endgame should be more varying. Not just DPS + mainstat + vit. Also you need to have varying personality from player's builds. Right now everyone can just pick the same skills and have the exact same tactic. People should have been able to assign there own atrib points.

I like Diablo 3, it's pretty fun to play with friends or alone. What exactly is it that all of you are debating/complaining about?
Why don't you read the thread and find out.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2012, 01:48:33 pm »

Rifles n Atgs.

And it works just fine doesn't it.

@Zontar; something about how people didn't expect login servers to be flooded on release night, and how Euro servers suck in general. Then onto something about Inferno being too hard, and wanting to be rewarded with the good items for playing the game on easy mode Hell instead of putting in some time and effort for it.

Diablo 3 is a great game to play with friends, I've been playing with a RL buddy of mine and it's a blast. Wasn't nearly as addicted to D2 as I was to D1, and this reminds me a lot more of the first one than the second. Only things I think it is missing are stat requirements for items.

@DarksoldierX; you don't understand the game if you think it's anywhere near DPS, mainstat, vit. Those are important for sure, but so are Dex and Int on all classes. Dex = dodge rate, super useful, needs to be at least around 15% base. Int = Resists, super valuable. Armor = resists as well. Weapon DPS is nice, but I will always lose a little damage for a good stat bonus or Lifesteal/Life on Hit or a good effect.

Complaints about farming are stupid. That's all you did in Hell on either other Diablo game, you did it for hours, only to find a bunch of stuff you didn't want. What's beautiful, is all that stuff you don't want, you can sell much easier. No longer forced to use forums to sell stuff is nice.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2012, 01:50:14 pm »

I'm complaning about

1. servers being down in EU every now and then (not because of patches)

2. They removed 2 epic classes. Diablo 1 had warrior which I loved and then he was replaced with a Paladin which was fine. The necromancer was so much fun to play aswell but hes gone and replaced with a wichdoctor (you killed those kinda things in diablo 2, act 3)

3. You cant fucking set out you attribute points like strengh, vitality etc. That is one of the biggest jokes imo. This will make every hero the same in the end.

4. The loot system can be good (the system that makes it drop different loot for every player) but I do not really enjoy it. I loved fighting for the loot in diablo 2 then selling/buying it overpriced.

5. The story could have been written netter by a 7 year old.

6. All the bosses talk so much bullshit, including diablo and diablo himself look so freakin week. In diablo 2 he was like the biggest badass!

There is loads of stuff to complain about.

There is some good stuff also like the new inventory and stash.

(Im only on act 3 on nightmare so I cant talk about hell or inferno..)

But overall so far its a fucking joke.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2012, 02:02:42 pm »

Ah, see, I never cared about the story at all. I skipped it all.

Diablo 1 Warrior is no where near a Paladin. And you can sword and board with Barb or Monk just fine and get the same effects.

Necro is fine, Witchdoctor is hilarious and awesome. But that's like me complaining they took out the Wizard from D1 and made the Enchantress.

Stats go up by class and level, itemization is where you customize your character, and it is a MASSIVE amount of work and planning.

For those who are wondering.

Primary stat = Damage multiplier
Str = Armor
Dex = Dodge, epic.
Vit = HP
Int = Resists 10:1
Armor = Resists 10:1; it works vs all damage types.

All things are multiplicative.

So 60% Armor mitigation + 50% resists = 80% damage reduction.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »

@DarksoldierX; you don't understand the game if you think it's anywhere near DPS, mainstat, vit. Those are important for sure, but so are Dex and Int on all classes. Dex = dodge rate, super useful, needs to be at least around 15% base. Int = Resists, super valuable. Armor = resists as well. Weapon DPS is nice, but I will always lose a little damage for a good stat bonus or Lifesteal/Life on Hit or a good effect.

Complaints about farming are stupid. That's all you did in Hell on either other Diablo game, you did it for hours, only to find a bunch of stuff you didn't want. What's beautiful, is all that stuff you don't want, you can sell much easier. No longer forced to use forums to sell stuff is nice.
Which is still doesn't have the personality of D2. I remember times when I had to pick between 2 items for my necro because I wasnt sure weither I wanted that skeleton/golem mastery +2 or not. I also had to make these choices in the early levels. In diablo 3 choices only start appearing much later in the game. And the choices are too few.

I am quit sure farming in diablo 2 was a bit funner. Diablo 3 loot is built of AH. They give you worse loot on purpose to force you into using AH. Its hardly you who found and earned that sexy item by slaying a beast, it was someone else who you bought it from with gold you had to farm. I only expierenced 1 moment in D3 were I was really excited on what I had found.

Don't get me wrong, Diablo 3 is a fun game, they improved on a lot of stuff. But they also fucked up on a lot of others. You expect a top 5 RPG of the year with D3. You got something quite a bit less. Something you wouldn't expect from blizzard. They had a far better reputation then that, and it hurts to see something like this to not to have the longevity as its predecessor.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2012, 04:41:16 pm »

Why don't you read the thread and find out.

I asked the question because there is no way in hell I'm going to read 13 pages of posts over a topic I'm not even sure I'd like to know. I just wanted a summary of what was going on in here and it seems like AmPm summed it up.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2012, 04:55:21 pm »

I asked the question because there is no way in hell I'm going to read 13 pages of posts over a topic I'm not even sure I'd like to know. I just wanted a summary of what was going on in here and it seems like AmPm summed it up.
I didn't tell you to read the entire thread, i merely meant for you to stop being lazy and to go back 1-2 pages and look. You must be one of those guys who ask questions over the internet on things that are answered near instantly with google.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2012, 05:03:32 pm »

About half my gear is stuff I have found. I recently found an amazingly perfect amulet that, comparing to other similar items, would run about 5mil on the AH. I kept it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2012, 05:08:33 pm »

something about how people didn't expect login servers to be flooded on release night,

Thats just bullshit, and a lazy excuse.

Pretty much every copy was pre-ordered that was sold on release night, the game has had a sloppy execution from the get go. If this was an independent company it might be forgivable. 10 years of work?

You got this
http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/this-is-the-only-level?acomplete=this+is+the

and paid 60$ for it.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2012, 06:04:01 pm »

That elephant game was pretty fun actually...took me 10 minutes.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2012, 07:05:03 pm »

Thats just bullshit, and a lazy excuse.

Pretty much every copy was pre-ordered that was sold on release night, the game has had a sloppy execution from the get go. If this was an independent company it might be Iforgivable. 10 years of work?

You got this
http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/this-is-the-only-level?acomplete=this+is+the

and paid 60$ for it.

Wait, you expect them to buy a tion more servers just for launch day? That's stupid. I started playing at 5pm launch day, not a single issue.

That's like saying that they should make streets extra wide for that one day it will be jammed....ever.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2012, 07:40:30 pm »

AMPM, just because it worked for you it doesnt mean it work/ed for 10 000 other players. This is not just the launch day, this is two weeks after the launch.

On another note I would like to hear how personal you character will be in one year when most of the players have reached lvl 60 and know what items/sets and skills to use to make their heroes the best.

Thats the thing, its going to be so freakin esay to get the best gear in the game and its already to easy to switch between skills.

And every class has the same attribute points...

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2012, 07:48:54 pm »

AMPM, just because it worked for you it doesnt mean it work/ed for 10 000 other players. This is not just the launch day, this is two weeks after the launch.

On another note I would like to hear how personal you character will be in one year when most of the players have reached lvl 60 and know what items/sets and skills to use to make their heroes the best.

Thats the thing, its going to be so freakin esay to get the best gear in the game and its already to easy to switch between skills.

And every class has the same attribute points...

Soo....the same as with D2, where there were a few best builds and anything else was subpar? WOow!!! OMG!!!

Path of Exile for example, has 750 unlocks. Guess what, there are still only a few top builds. Math wins again!!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2012, 08:50:02 pm »

AMPM and the people like him are the reason that companies like EA not only get away with lowering the quality of our video games but profit doing so.

The worst part is he actually fights for their rights to do so and feels proud of it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2012, 09:04:23 pm »

What you consider quality I see as a waste of time. Why have millions of build options if only 3 are competitive? Do you play EIRR with the worst builds possible? Like AB Armor spam that takes no advantage of AB doctrine?

Just because a game allows options like that doesn't make it good. D2 was alright, but it was easy as shit. No challenge at all. Hell, I just let a bot run it when I wasn't home completely care free.

You seriously think a company should put up more servers just to take them offline again after launch? Going to QQ some more about having to have an internet connection? Seriously? You don't have a cell phone?

Does it suck that some people have connection problems? Yes. Do I think it's all a problem on Blizzards end? No. I've played on multiple connections, some will disconnect, others can stay on 24/7 no issues. People blame the Euro servers, but Brn has the same problem using the NA servers. I have no issues on 3/4 of the connections I use. 1 of them disconnects maybe once every 3 hours annoyingly.

Do I think that DRM is an issue? No. If people didn't take their product for free it wouldn't be an issue. We are the reason for DRM. Get over it.

Issues with D3:

Not hard enough in Hell. Does not prepare people for Inferno.

Items should have stat requirements, with armor having different types (light, med, heavy).

Crafting system should allow some control over stats, maybe by adding other ingredients that you have to farm/find.

Needs more mobs with resists to certain damage types, needs more effects from damage types.

I really want my Barbarian to be able to learn spells like my Warrior in Diablo 1 could, screw D2's shit skill system.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2012, 10:12:38 pm »

What you consider quality I see as a waste of time. Why have millions of build options if only 3 are competitive?

So lets make everyone who chooses a character class exactly the same.. oh wait, they already did that. P.S. HOW MANY YEARS DID THIS GAME TAKE TO DEVELOP?

Just because a game allows options like that doesn't make it good. D2 was alright, but it was easy as shit. No challenge at all.

And D3 was even remotely a challenge? Game is easy as pie, being a monk I have multiple abilities that give me IMMUNITY on top of healing abilities and health pots.. Please, D2 was more of a challenge than D3.

Items should have stat requirements, with armor having different types (light, med, heavy).

That's hilarious, considering you can't choose your own stats! You're basically saying if an item required 100 strength to wear, a new char would basically be wearing a heap of STR gear as early as possible so they could use an epic armour by lvl 8-10?

Crafting system should allow some control over stats, maybe by adding other ingredients that you have to farm/find.

I do like this and agree. However, there would need to be a limit.

Needs more mobs with resists to certain damage types, needs more effects from damage types.

Once again, something previous games did right, but was removed..

And yeah, what I haven't quoted from you I agree with. I haven't experienced any lockout issues or lag issues being an Aussie playing on Euro servers.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2012, 10:19:12 pm »

So lets make everyone who chooses a character class exactly the same.. oh wait, they already did that. P.S. HOW MANY YEARS DID THIS GAME TAKE TO DEVELOP?

And D3 was even remotely a challenge? Game is easy as pie, being a monk I have multiple abilities that give me IMMUNITY on top of healing abilities and health pots.. Please, D2 was more of a challenge than D3.

That's hilarious, considering you can't choose your own stats! You're basically saying if an item required 100 strength to wear, a new char would basically be wearing a heap of STR gear as early as possible so they could use an epic armour by lvl 8-10?

I do like this and agree. However, there would need to be a limit.

Once again, something previous games did right, but was removed..

And yeah, what I haven't quoted from you I agree with. I haven't experienced any lockout issues or lag issues being an Aussie playing on Euro servers.

I'm going to pick out one part. You cleared Inferno already with your Monk? Without relying on others to carry you? Because as far as I know, that's the hard setting.

D2 had no hard setting available....at all.

I think D3 should be harder. Hell should be about 50% of Inferno.

Now I want to go back and play The Witcher 2 on high difficulty again...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc