Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:16:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An expanded Warmap guide.  (Read 12384 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« on: June 21, 2012, 09:47:13 pm »

EiRRMod posted a basic guide of how to use the Warmap with his initial post releasing it. However, he did miss a few of the finer points such as statistics for the map.

Before I expand on what he detailed, I'll contain his original post here:

So, onto the warmap details!

The warmap is made of sectors to fight over.

Firstly, deploy yourself to a sector (spawn point) notated by a large circle with your factions icon.

Next, because you will probably be behind the lines, set yourself to Defend, or Support action.
These actions will boost the defence/support value of the sector you are in.

After your first battle is completed (as normal, in COH), you will gain an Action point.
These action points allow you to move your company, and deselect doctrine selections.

Move to the front lines, and attack a neutral or enemy territory and take it over!

Warmap numbers at the bottom of the warmap screen
CW-US-WM-PE
PP is no longer gained on a per-person basis.
It is gained after a battle is completed, and you put points into the doctrine selection at the battle results screen.
PP total = Faction points / 100.

If you choose 'Strategy' instead of 'Doctrine' at this point, your next battles warmap affect, will be boosted by 20 per point invested, regardless of victory margin.  This may be the path to take if you are attempting to ensure the downfall (or defence) of a falling sector.

The advantages screen has changed too.
You no longer select your Resource bonuses.
Instead, you gain an amount equal to what you hold on the warmap.

As an additional bonus, if you are located in a sector with a resource bonus, you will get resources equal to what the OPPONENT would get -1 sector.

There are many more things to come, and this guide is but a scratch on the surface

Gaining SP

First off, a note on how SP works. SP is no longer brought with PP. To gain access to SP, you must either be in a supply depot (One of your faction's spawns) or within range of it. For every sector that you are away from a supply depot, you will have 10 less SP to work with. The supply depot itself gives 40 SP so you can be a maximum of 4 tiles away before SP is totally cut off.
There is always a minimum of 5SP available at all times.

There will be warmap cards later on which will provide the ability to set up temporary supply depots and the such. For now however, it all hangs on your spawn points.

Offence notes

To attack a sector costs your current sector 20 support points. However, if any other friendly sectors are connected to the territory that you are attacking, they will provide benefits. This will in turn, cost the assisting sector(s) 10 points.

Each assisting sector provides +20 to your offence or defence. It should also be noted that each strategy point that you take at the end of a match will give +20 points into your offence and defence per strategy point. This will only affect your NEXT battle. If I take 6 points into strategy, that means that even if I suffer a defeat, my next match will have me put in at least 120 points of offence or defence. Victory on the other hand, will make for a very sweet bonus.

Defence notes

Defending a sector costs 10 support points each time.

Defence Modifier

The defence modifier can be reduced, and raised in several ways:
Firstly, an overwhelming attack action will reduce the defence modifier by 2%.
A support action, will restore 2%.
Any action that reduces the support of a sector to 0, will incur a -1% defence modifier per 10 support used.

Doctrine notes

With the implementation of the warmap, you are now required to have 1 action point to remove any doctrine selections. 1 Point per selection.

Unique Sectors

Currently, Airfield and Factory sectors do not provide any bonuses for the moment, but will have warmap wide and sector specific effects upon implementation.

Individual Company Progress

As it stands, individual company progress is limited to what doctrines you choose. However, companies still gain experience for their warmap rank at a rate of 5 exp per game and +1 exp for each victory margin (6 for a narrow victory, 7 for a standard victory and 8 for an overwhelming victory).

As of yet, warmap rank does nothing, but will have an impact on the warmap in due time.

-------------------------

This list is not exhaustive, and will be updated over time as I find out more details from experience, EiRRMod himself, or community contributions.

Feel free to mention anything I haven't and I'll update the main post.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:21:20 am by Hicks58 » Logged

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:53:17 pm »

Modified some info.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:09 pm »

Ta. It's stupid o'clock in the morning so I'm off to bed. Should anything else come to me I'll update it appropriately.

If you can, PM me the forumla as to how how much doctrine points are gained for the faction per battle and how any modifiers affect them. I'll organise it all and throw it into the main post if ya do.

Oh, and any community input is welcome in the case that I've overlooked anything obvious or newly found alike.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:04 pm »

How is the experience gain for the commander rank? (Have seen some lvl.2)

9th Armoured Engineers
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 01:03:09 pm »

It's a lot slower. More importantly, are there any benefits for being higher rank on the warmap?

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 01:19:08 pm »

It's a lot slower. More importantly, are there any benefits for being higher rank on the warmap?

There will be.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 10:26:21 pm »

How is the experience gain for the commander rank? (Have seen some lvl.2)
5 xp

+
1 per victory margin (if you won).

So, 5-8xp per game.

And like GF said, at a later date, it will do something.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 02:23:30 am »

You can deselect doctrine unlocks with 1 action point. Those PPs will return to your PP Pool. This basically means you can respend them. Pretty nice.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 02:35:09 am »

You can deselect doctrine unlocks with 1 action point. Those PPs will return to your PP Pool. This basically means you can respend them. Pretty nice.
THERE IS NO POOL!

You have a PP max, which indicates how much total you can have selected in your choices.

I thought I yelled at you for this already?  Wink
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 02:42:43 am »

Yes you did.

People will like to know that if you deselect a doctrine unlock you 'get the PP back' and you are able to respend them. Thats why I post this. (unlike what we have been used to in the past)

IT SAYS PP POOL TO ME! What else you want me to call it.

EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 02:47:17 am »

Ugh, maybe I should reword it then.

PP Selected and PP Remaining?

Would that work better?
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 03:10:24 am »

I dont mind.
Ill call it whatever you decide to name it tbh. Smiley
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 05:59:06 am »

Should rename it to Command Points, would be much easier
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 05:10:58 am »

Any info on how exactly it works when you use your points on Doctrine after the game? Its missing from the guide.

It adds, if you spend all 6 points on it, 6x20=120 points to the Faction points?
And then every 100 points is 1 PP.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:14:25 am by skaffa » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 05:47:08 am »

A support action, will restore 2%?

What about defense actions??
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 06:58:15 am »

Any info on how exactly it works when you use your points on Doctrine after the game? Its missing from the guide.

It adds, if you spend all 6 points on it, 6x20=120 points to the Faction points?
And then every 100 points is 1 PP.

It's missing cause EiRRMod aint told me how it works yet.

As soon as he does it'll be updated.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 08:26:08 am »

Im talking to EIRMOD as he updates the guide. Also im not asking why it isnt there. Im asking if it can be put in.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 07:39:45 pm »

Much of this info is outdated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc