Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:52:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Throwing some ideas in.  (Read 5667 times)
Arrakeen Offline
EIR Regular

« on: March 27, 2007, 06:00:44 am »

Hey everyone,

I'm glad i finally found the kind of mod i'm looking for ! Smiley

I talked about that kind of mod some months ago on the Relic Forums. I thought i would copy/paste the ideas i had. Maybe that would give you some more ideas Smiley

-----------------------

I'm not sure if this already exists but i haven't found anything about that idea so here i am, asking what you think about it.

So with the Patch 1.3 and the Mod tools coming, we are going to be able to do our own maps, right?

So i was thinking about setting up a special tournament like the one i used to play at on Warcraft 2 and later on BF2 Combat.

Let me share the principles with you:

You get the map of the World, you divide it on a said numbers of points which represent Regions. They are linked pretty like it is on Planetside, which means it's like a web where every points is linked to 1, 2 or 3 other points.

For example, Italy is made of 10 regions (points). One of the Inland point gets the Carentan map affected to it (the best is to match settings...like a coastal region gets the Normandy map because you get to "see" the sea), which means that when player are going to fight for that Region, they are going to fight on this map and this one only.

Now, at the beginning of the Tournament, Teams (this is where lay the first trouble since there are only two real teams Allied and Axis) receive an amount of Conquest Points. They spend these points in order to "buy" these Regions or rather bid on them.

The principle is that before the tournament begins, the teams get around a table, and on a random basis, points are getting picked and Teams get to bid on them (the goal is to get adjacent territories, or some with the least access to, the ones who can be the best defended, the best resources you get from themetc.)

For example, Teams get 500 CP at the beginning.
The bid starts and the first region (which is a Russian Region) is a very good one because it’s in the eastern part of the World Map and can only be accessed by 2 other regions.
Team 1 bids for 25 CP.
Team 2 bids for 30 CP.

Team 1 really wants it so they bid 50 CP.
Team 2 likes the map but they’d rather focus on having the Italy because there are more Coastal Regions (which means they will be able to match it with the Normandy map, for example) so they are going to save CP to be sure to get that Italy area.

Team 1 wins the bid and has now 450 CP.

Slowly, all the points are being bided on until either no regions are left to be bet on, or none of the teams have points to spend on bids.

After that, another round of Bid is engaged but this one concerns Maps. This is where the mod tools have their use since there are not a lot of maps on CoH yet. A good number would probably be around 15 to 20.

Anyway, the principle is to try to bid on the maps you want to affect to your regions. The only restriction being that Maps must match the type of region (Mainly, coastal region must have coastal map, and so on.). Capitals are also the biggest type of map, so a 4v4 map.

Once everything has been distributed or when no more points are left, the game can start.

Conquest points:

At the end of every Tour of Duty (after each match, basically), a calculation is made in order to see how many CP points you get.

The formula we were using back then was SUMcp = nt (number of territories you own) x 8. Your capital counts for 2 points.

Ex : Team 1 has 4 countries, including their Capital city so they get: SUMcp = 5 (3 countries +1 capital city)*8 = 40CP

These points are used to buy certain bonus you can apply to your Regions or to your game. Only a limited number of bonus or actions can be applied during a Tour of Duty.

For example:

Ambush (60 CP) = you know the enemy is coming. You are prepared for it. If you get attacked, you will have the opportunity to outnumber the enemy, meaning that he will have to fight 2v1, 3v2 or 4v3. You can’t use ambush if the Region is a 1v1 map.

Spy (70 CP) = you sent some intel in the enemy region. It will tell you what map is being affected to that region and if an Ambush is waiting for you.

Axis Scrambled Communication - Armor (120 CP) = your talented Intel has done a real good job by confusing the enemy! His Tiger Division has been given fake information and will not be able to back up the troops. The enemy cannot use one of the two Command tree (Blitzkrieg or Terror).

Of course, there are counters like:

Counter-espionage (150 CP) = the enemy thought he was smarter than you. You know he has been trying to confuse your Intel but you were prepared. Effect: You cancel every action he has been trying to launch on your territory (works with Axis Scrambled Communication – Armor, Allied Scrambled Communication – Armor)

These are just few examples of what can be done!

Then, the teams try to conquest the World J

There a lot more rules on that kind of tournamement but i wanted to give the "nutshell"

-------------

Hope that might help Smiley
ECFOTHERINGILL Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:04:25 am »

The more complicated the rules get, the more problems there will be in playing and maintaining the level of participation desired.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:23:09 am »

Hello there and welcome aboard!

I like alot of your ideas and obviously alot of those things are what we plan to put into EiR some day, however, due to the project only being in Alpha stages, we are indeed trying to keep it as simple as possible. From there on, we will build up and eventually end up with a more "complex" (but none the less userfriendly) persistant war.

Either way, thanks for the input!
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 02:27:58 pm »

I'm not rly "throwing an idea in" as much as a question: what is the year limit for necro? This is actually a serious question guys! Is 1 year the limit? What if the post is still relevant? I don't know what to do!!!

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Nug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 02:30:31 pm »

LMAO
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 02:53:29 pm »

Where are the medieval laws concerning necromancy when you need them?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 03:14:12 pm »

Burned, along with Nugs' Balance Forum rule handbook.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 04:39:20 pm »

wtf?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 05:10:11 pm »

Welcome aboard. Yeah me and ahnunguser put together a  tournament and its just to hard to put a tournament together. everyone has lives and unpredictable ones at that so a tournament is impossible to do since most of us arent kids and cant just sit and play all day.Unless your 8thrifle regiment.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 06:05:10 pm »

Welcome aboard. Yeah me and ahnunguser put together a  tournament and its just to hard to put a tournament together. everyone has lives and unpredictable ones at that so a tournament is impossible to do since most of us arent kids and cant just sit and play all day.Unless your 8thrifle regiment.
I think you are the only person who welcomes a player who joined 5 years ago with this thread.

I dont even... wut?

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 07:23:58 pm »

Why you hatin bro? you jelly of my lawyer money?

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 09:27:47 pm »

Why haven't nug been banned for all his nekrophilia yet?

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 08:55:08 am »

Why haven't nug been banned for all his nekrophilia yet?
Nug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 08:57:28 am »

3rdcondor this thread is your necro lmao
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 11:02:20 am »

You posted in it. Isn't that enough?
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 01:20:30 pm »

3rdcondor necroes a thread, let nug post afterwards just to get another reason for banning nugnugx. well, tricky

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 07:54:59 pm »

Naw, we're going down together...

I was necroing fo fo eva
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc