Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 12:57:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Map lead  (Read 5731 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: July 20, 2012, 06:26:34 pm »

What is the role of the map lead? Does he have any role at all?

Is it:

*just to deny maps into rotation that the map lead doesn't like?
*no responsibility whatsoever towards MAP ROTATION being slightly varied at all? example: 2 maps being the played 99% of the time
*not to do anything productive himself related to map creation or maintenance (herpaderp)

I wanna be map lead. Seems fun. Shiny badge, no duties whatsoever.

My qualifications? None whatsoever. Nothing is required to do this (apparently), and nothing is done actively to administer the eirr maps at all

why not make us ALL map leads since it equals to zero
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:31:03 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 06:44:33 pm »

lol true is true delfinas speaks like jesus, nothing but true

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:11:22 pm »

lol...

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:21:50 pm »

Amen.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 12:26:44 am »

Who is the map lead anyways?

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 01:28:07 am »

bigdick.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 04:52:38 am »

well, i waited 7 month for my first and only map to get implemented and lost afterwards interest too improve my map after such a long period of waiting. Iam sry and this is no offense, but this aint working this way. If u set effort in a map, and u then have no chance to play the map, it sucks. I am not alone i think, i also remember 8thRifleregiment with a map in final status never got in the list.

IF we dont get a certain rotation new maps old maps, we never have a good and solid map system. Right now my feelings are as if there is nearly no change at all over years...

whatever, if Unknown knows what he does, i said nothing. Iam even not the right person to judge i think. Whatever...

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 04:54:30 am »

well, i waited 7 month for my first and only map to get implemented and lost afterwards interest too improve my map after such a long period of waiting. Iam sry and this is no offense, but this aint working this way. If u set effort in a map, and u then have no chance to play the map, it sucks. I am not alone i think, i also remember 8thRifleregiment with a map in final status never got in the list.

IF we dont get a certain rotation new maps old maps, we never have a good and solid map system. Right now my feelings are as if there is nearly no change at all over years...

whatever, if Unknown knows what he does, i said nothing. Iam even not the right person to judge i think. Whatever...

In other words: Unknown is not doing his job and should be replaced by someone who actually WANTS to do it

7 months for a map to get added to rotation for testing? what do you think donald trump would say, unkie
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 04:59:25 am »

All we need is Map Lead assistant. Assistant varifies maps and is in touch with Map lead by hammering map lead's head with a hammer whenever assistant thinks that map is good and playable.

In short. Someone active who has good taste with maps. Smokaz is active and could perform this map lead assistant role and hammer unknown whenever map is rdy for adding.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 05:10:23 am »

smokaz said hes in vacation (although i doubt that), so therefore it makes not that much sense for now. But yeah maybe for later times  Smiley
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 05:32:32 am »

i don't care who is "map lead" as long as poor gorkhali, hans, 8thrifle and others actually get their maps added in ??
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 05:32:45 am »

bigdick.

this is the funniest post you've ever had

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 05:36:40 am »

EIR needs more quality maps.

We have enough good 2v2s.

Most 3v3s are bad.

Make a good map urself.
Ill judge if its good or not. GG.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 05:39:59 am »

there are some good 3v3 maps, people just hate playing outside of their comfort zone.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 06:31:08 am »

EIR needs more quality maps.

We have enough good 2v2s.

Most 3v3s are bad.

Make a good map urself.
Ill judge if its good or not. GG.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 06:37:24 am »

at least we need a exchange system, because without exchange of maps we cant actually find good or bad maps.

Change includes also to remove the most played maps for a certain time periode tbh...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:43:21 am by hans » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 06:43:34 am »

*exchange  Angry
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 07:54:37 am »

So much hate.

*no responsibility whatsoever towards MAP ROTATION being slightly varied at all? example: 2 maps being the played 99% of the time
How exactly would you go about doing this? It's ludicrous to suggest that it is somehow the developers their responsibility to make sure their players play all kinds of different maps. We provide you with a WHOLE ARRAY of different maps, go do the math, there's over 30 custom maps in the mod atm. We can't possibly force our players to play different maps.

As for maps being denied, there's currently only 2 - 3 maps that were submitted for addition. You make it seem as if there's tens or hundreds of them. There really aren't and I bet no one will even bother playing them win I do throw them in.

As far as my responsibility goes, I've taken a back seat these last few months, it's technically not my responsibility any more. I only do it (and I admitted I'm slow at it) really because there's no one else to do it. So get someone else, I honestly wouldn't care, but don't think for 2 seconds that that will change ANYTHING about how this community approaches custom maps or that somehow you will see new maps on a weekly basis. (there simply aren't that many maps to throw in, certainly not ones that meet the reasonable criteria)

Anyway, your crusade is charming, but it only goes to show your immense naivete.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 07:57:40 am »

Once a month the 2 least played maps in each category should be removed and any new maps put in for play testing. (maybe just one map removed for 4v4?). The new maps should have the minimum requirements as posted in the map guidelines.

The maps that were removed the previous month should be put back in rotation after 2 months. If they become the least played maps at the end of that month, then they should be removed again. If they are the least played map for a third time, they should be permanently removed regardless of the QQ by a few eager posters on the forums.....

New maps or old maps chances of survival in the mod should not be based on a single devs personal opinions. Actually, I don't think that is the case anyway, but we should ensure it is not.

It should be based on the guidelines posted here:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19138.msg333883#msg333883

Determining if a map stays in rotation or not is simply determined by the number of plays it gets. Frankly, we don't give a shit if people qq no one will play when you ask. If it doesn't get played, it doesn't get play....pretty simple really.

Just my opinion anyway....

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 08:01:02 am »

+1 for rotation
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc