Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:35:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wargame Airland Battle  (Read 39537 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2013, 08:15:54 am »

Got it a few days ago, Canadain jets are pretty awesome. And a lot of the new nations infantry preform like special forces. Most, if not all the squads get Carl Gustavs.

Loving the Swedish. Their arty and ATG teams are pretty amazing. their tanks are kind of sub-par, but it's expected. Jets are built for killing other jets, but i don't mind. ATG teams seem to hit tanks a hell of a lot often and are really deadly now.

Liking how cover in the towns are done. Split into blocks and garrisoning buildings. But when you try to move to another block, you're infantry get slaughtered.

Jets add another level of play in too, now you have to think about where too posistion you're lovely AAA units to get the best coverage. and how you use you're own. 
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2013, 08:36:28 am »

800meg patch...

INCOMING DECK EDITOR, ALL HANDS ON DECK!

Also

"- Increasing helicopters survivability to planes by decreasing the later’s canon range against them and removing the ability to target them with radar-guided missile. Also, choppers hovering just above the ground can’t be targeted by air-to-air weaponry."

Sounds a bit silly, but maybe gunships will actually survive longer than 3 seconds now, lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:42:37 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2013, 11:50:14 am »

Can you guys add me as friends in this game?  Same name as here: fldash

Absolutely loved EE but for some reason it was not that popular.  Been playing ALB a bit and love it, still learning the game so I'm not great, but it doesn't help that every single game I play there is someone on my team more clueless than me and ends with less than a couple hundred points... UGH.

I don't think I've won a single match yet.  Played around 4 or 5.

After the COH2 disappointment, I'm so pumped for this game.  I'm really just over the engine used in COH1/COH2.  I hate the way units move, I hate how there seems to be artificial delay when ordering units, etc... 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:54:39 am by fldash » Logged
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2013, 11:55:47 am »

800meg patch...

INCOMING DECK EDITOR, ALL HANDS ON DECK!

Also

"- Increasing helicopters survivability to planes by decreasing the later’s canon range against them and removing the ability to target them with radar-guided missile. Also, choppers hovering just above the ground can’t be targeted by air-to-air weaponry."

Sounds a bit silly, but maybe gunships will actually survive longer than 3 seconds now, lol

In my opinion, they went too far.  What they should have done was just make aircraft missiles unable to used against helicopters when the helicopter was at a low elevation, but still make them targetable at normal elevation. 
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2013, 02:16:44 pm »

In my opinion, they went too far.  What they should have done was just make aircraft missiles unable to used against helicopters when the helicopter was at a low elevation, but still make them targetable at normal elevation. 

fldash Smiley Smiley Smiley

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2013, 06:48:01 am »

Oh my gawd deck editor!

Don't worry fldash, you'll get the hang of it soon, it's not got the same learning curve that EIR:R has. You just need to familiarize yourself with what is great against what and what are your units strengths and weaknesses. know what the enemy units are capable of. Having recon units is essential. so you can see the enemy advance and all that shit.

Low cost units should be used en masse, expensive units not so much. always try to use cover, whatever you unit. I've won a lot of my games so far, and more than carried my fair share of retards. Somehow i've gotten the hang of the game a lot better than most.

I'll add you and if you are ever on i'll come join. Smiley
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2013, 10:30:19 am »

Messed around with the Deck System. It's pure awesome. Here is a brief lowdown for those who want to know.

At the start. Create you're deck. It's probably best to mention it now so you don't get confused. You have activation points, and have a maximum, units take up activation points, dependent on where they are in the boxes.. As you choose to put units in your deck, it takes up a activation point. You now have a option to choose bonuses.
Here's the 3 choices in that

Do you want it as a national deck? Basically, whether or not you want units from a specific faction. If you go UK, you can only pick units from the UK. If you pick a nation, you get access to their prototype units and also get more activation points, the number depending on the nation.

Second is if you want to have it themed. So you can choose from:
Armored
Marine
Air-lifted
Para
Air Assault
Mechanized
Note that USA FR and UK get all these options, the other nations have some or maybe just one. Choose a theme and you get Bonuses dependent on what you choose, but loose slots for a different unit type.
So for example i choose Armored. I get some tasty +1xp bonuses to all my tanks. But i get -6 slots for Infantry. I'll explain slots in a few seconds.

Next up is if you want to play a certain era
Either units before 1975
Or units before 1980
Going 1975 limits you're units so you can only choose units that existed at either 1975 or before. You get 80% more availability for all units, and 40% availability if before 1980 . I'll come to that in a minute to actually.

Now we are faced with a screen full of boxes. Unit types down the Left side, and 8 boxes for all. These boxes have slot costs. If you chose a theme, then the values will change around and so on. I'll try to keep this simple as it's a lot to take in.

4 boxes for infantry say the cost for it is 1 activation point. If i want a 5th, i have to use 2 activation points. If i had chosen Armored as my theme. I would only be able to have 2 Infantry units and no more, the remaining boxes would disappear.

When you come to pick your units, you'll notice that you have a vetrency bar that you may or may not be able to pick options for. Basically, you unit cost stays the same. The less untrained you pick them for your deck, the more number of the unit you will be called in and vice versa. Basically Unit availability. There is also another to note. You can pick the same unit an indicated number of times. So if i chose british fusiliers, at veteran experince, i'd be able to call on 12 total in the game. The lower vet i go, the more i can call on in game. Now i can put this unit into my deck 3 times. So i can get 36 total squads at veteren veterancy. Instead of 60 trained veterancy. I can only put it into my deck 3 times. Another level of availability. Some units will have 4, some will have as little as 1!

Some units you will only have a few veterancy options. Based on their country's troop training abilities at the time. So the norse countries infantry will be able to get elite units, but won't be able to get them any lower, because their country trains the best of the best line infantry.

Units also have a Type: with them too. So if you choose a theme, like Armoured, all units with this type is available to you. Those units that don't, you don't get. Simple. Units have more than one type in most cases. So a Challenger 1 has the types Armoured and mechanized. If you pick any of those themes you get access to it. Pic marine or airbourne? You ain't getting you're hands on it.

You pay a price for the tasty bonuses. You get a massive army customization ability to mess with. Mass armored formations that are cheap? Go for it soldier! Elite air-bourne infantry company with heavy jet support? Fuck yes! A USA Marine Company? Go for it. Want an average experienced mechanized British average cost company? It's all there my broski.

We also now get an armory, not like the old one. It gives you all the units info and stuff, but you can now see the in-game unit in 3d, in a hanger, and you can make it move like you would in game, except helos and jets.

Variety is the spice of life, and they semi-nailed it with deck customization. If we could outift our units with different weaponry and camo, it would be even better.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:41:40 am by Scotzmen » Logged
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2013, 11:52:46 am »

I saw SpartanMarine added me late last night, I appreciate it and looking forward to getting some games with anyone that adds me. 

I created a Russian, Armored Deck and with it I'm 2-0.  T-72B + T80u + BUK = easy mode so far...
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2013, 12:03:11 pm »

I'd be Edraii Karziko on there
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2013, 02:16:23 pm »

I am...AmPm

I'll be around tonight, though not sure how my time will split between EvE, Kerbal, and this...probably depends who is around.

fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2013, 02:27:18 pm »

By the way, my play time starts around 10pm EST...
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2013, 03:00:16 pm »

gmt, please?  Wink
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »

Fl you joined are game last night and left, thought it was you haha. Same name in game as here and for helicopters you have to keep them in the back of your forces unless you know they have no AA. To get rid of AA use anti-radar missile equipped planes. Just note that it seems that most gun AA's don't use active radar so that missile will not work against them unless you have sight.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2013, 10:17:02 pm »

Well, with my "PACT SUCKS" deck I'm now 4-0... 

Jodomar, when I join a game and see one side stacked with players, I immediately leave as I assume it's a organized group.  Not sure if that was the case with your game last night or what...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:18:53 pm by fldash » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2013, 01:11:52 am »

Yeah fldash that's the case. I often have to pull teeth or find other members around here to play competitively against other people. Playing 4 games of W:EE in a row which are all over inside of 10 mins is a giant waste of my time. So I started having to find one other person and some randoms.

It'll be nice to potentially have more people for in house matches.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2013, 10:07:38 am »

I'm starting to have a problem dealing with t-80u's and their air defense compliment. Sure anti radar missiles work but people started to get the hint that it's not in their best interest to use those and soviets get a whole compliment of infrared anti-air. Seen four I-tows do nothing to a t-80u and I'm confused to why it has more armor value then the top NATO tank. Think I'm going to make a NATO Deck and used a mix of units then limiting myself to just US but soviet heavy tanks seem a little OP at the moment.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2013, 10:12:15 am »

It's a prototype tank. Probably has ERA equipped too.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2013, 10:57:44 am »

It's a prototype tank. Probably has ERA equipped too.
Yup, the highest tier soviet tanks have ERA equipped, you can see on their models.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2013, 10:59:38 am »

The Abrams is an AMAZING Medium/Heavy armor killer, just not for the super heavy russian tanks.

High RoF, accuracy, damage = dead t-62/t-72 and below.

Speed has been increased since EE on the late model as well.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2013, 11:21:10 am »

Best way i deal with T-80u's is hit them with artillery and give them some major debuffs. Then I'll hit them with challengers and ATGM's if I'm playing British. If 'm not, I'll try to ambush from the side with Carl Gustavs, but it's rare that i'll win that engagement.

Ohh, and I'm liking the new 4v4 map, the one with the town closer to pact spawn. Chopper in infantry, get a ton of arty, hold the town for ultimate lulz. Infantry do amazingly in cities. It's a shame they can't survive outside of that really.

I'll be in vent if anyone wants a few games.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc