Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:17:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Debate - USA  (Read 80977 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2012, 12:42:07 am »

Romney wants to put the military in Syria, Lybia, Iraq, and Iran

Obama just wants to hit things with drones and planes

I'd rather bomb things.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2012, 01:15:22 am »

Whatever u all going for a Fag.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2012, 01:27:14 am »

But well Tym. How did it feel to have ur first Black President?
Btw
Thats serious. I mean was there the big change?
Or just another puppet?
I mean u can talk geopolitics all day, but was there a change in ur "normal" life u could point out?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:30:36 am by chefarzt » Logged
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2012, 01:54:36 am »

Btw i got some nice texts on Romney i just cba to translate em to english. Only thing i can say is: Take take Fucker to a plane and chute him over South America.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2012, 06:25:42 am »

Btw
Or just another puppet?
I mean u can talk geopolitics all day, but was there a change in ur "normal" life u could point out?

lmao

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2012, 07:57:39 am »

Btw
Or just another puppet?

more happy black people?

i could care less, i just liked him. i was all set to vote for mccain but then he forgot himself became a puppet and i said ef it, this dudes a douche and obama sounds impressive.

even though i knew most guys get in office and go back to who they were before they started trying to gather the base party, the very fact that he felt he had to change himself to win pissed me off. Be you! At least with Obama no one can say that he's a different man as president than as a senator, but with mccain and romney, they said different stuff before running and after running.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2012, 08:32:30 am »

People basing their vote on feelings is what makes Mitt Romney winning a frightening possibility. And with that kind of voters in majority you can run your entire campaign on populism, which is rather disturbing in such an important country as the USA.

If saying everything about nothing and promising a bright future without ever explaining how will get you elected, then this is exactly what the politicians will do.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2012, 11:38:52 am »

People basing their vote on feelings is what makes Mitt Romney winning a frightening possibility. And with that kind of voters in majority you can run your entire campaign on populism, which is rather disturbing in such an important country as the USA.

If saying everything about nothing and promising a bright future without ever explaining how will get you elected, then this is exactly what the politicians will do.

yeah, I said that to my wife this morning.

"you know what pisses me off about romney? the fact that he might win off nothing but making himself look like the lesser evil than Obama and nothing else."

Racism is still alive in this country and it's infectious.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2012, 11:44:09 am »

yeah, I said that to my wife this morning.

"you know what pisses me off about romney? the fact that he might win off nothing but making himself look like the lesser evil than Obama and nothing else."

Racism is still alive in this country and it's infectious.

But you do realise that you also contribute to this problem?

i could care less, i just liked him.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2012, 11:57:17 am »

But you do realise that you also contribute to this problem?

Not really. Liking somone cuz of what they say and do and voting for the other cuz you don't like him are way different.

Obama impressed me

If Romney wins it wont be because people like him, they don't.

He was the #2 in voting in the Republican primary and all the other candidates were #1 until they each bombed on something, Romney got the nominee by default cuz no one else was left!

Even now people don't like him, but because of the things that the GOP says or claims, people dislike Obama, so if he wins it won't be because people actually like Romney as a candidate, it will be because there is so much negativity pushed towards Obama that people will vote for the other guy.

Like = impressed with person
Dislike so vote for other guy = settling
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2012, 12:25:24 pm »

Not really. Liking somone cuz of what they say and do and voting for the other cuz you don't like him are way different.

Obama impressed me

If Romney wins it wont be because people like him, they don't.

He was the #2 in voting in the Republican primary and all the other candidates were #1 until they each bombed on something, Romney got the nominee by default cuz no one else was left!

Even now people don't like him, but because of the things that the GOP says or claims, people dislike Obama, so if he wins it won't be because people actually like Romney as a candidate, it will be because there is so much negativity pushed towards Obama that people will vote for the other guy.

Like = impressed with person
Dislike so vote for other guy = settling

But you did say that you didn't care about what Obama has actually done or not.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2012, 12:42:32 pm »

But you did say that you didn't care about what Obama has actually done or not.

I said no such thing, where the heck are you getting that?

I could care less, i just liked him. i was all set to vote for mccain but then he forgot himself became a puppet and i said ef it, this dudes a douche and obama sounds impressive.

even though i knew most guys get in office and go back to who they were before they started trying to gather the base party, the very fact that he felt he had to change himself to win pissed me off. Be you! At least with Obama no one can say that he's a different man as president than as a senator, but with mccain and romney, they said different stuff before running and after running.

I also said "i could care less" about him being black and referenced I liked McCain and then changed my mind when he turned puppet and at the same time Obama started to impress me.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2012, 12:46:09 pm »

I said no such thing, where the heck are you getting that?

I also said "i could care less" about him being black and referenced I liked McCain and then changed my mind when he turned puppet and at the same time Obama started to impress me.

Chefartz asked 4 questions and you answered them all with "I could care less".

There really aren't a lot of different ways to interpret that answer.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2012, 01:12:20 pm »

Just to update things here, I just talked to my father and the initial estimates that his company would have to pay in new tax for Obamacare is in the millions. They now have the unique task of figuring out how to pay for this additional costs. Such as do we significantly RAISE PRICES in a down economy ( which would create inflation as other companies would likely do the same) or do they cut jobs to fund this obamanation?

Then to tank on companies and holding on to their finances. Well this is because they don't know what's going to happen and how they are going to be effected by new regulations. I can tell you talking to many businessman that they are all waiting for this election to pan out before the make any major investments. I can tell you that if Romney wins that the flood gates will open and that money they have been holding onto will be put to good use.

Anyways, I'm done with this conversation as it is not going anywhere but down hill fast just like our economy. This is why political discussions are a bad idea and why I try to stay away from them.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2012, 01:54:37 pm »

Just to update things here, I just talked to my father and the initial estimates that his company would have to pay in new tax for Obamacare is in the millions. They now have the unique task of figuring out how to pay for this additional costs. Such as do we significantly RAISE PRICES in a down economy ( which would create inflation as other companies would likely do the same) or do they cut jobs to fund this obamanation?

Then to tank on companies and holding on to their finances. Well this is because they don't know what's going to happen and how they are going to be effected by new regulations. I can tell you talking to many businessman that they are all waiting for this election to pan out before the make any major investments. I can tell you that if Romney wins that the flood gates will open and that money they have been holding onto will be put to good use.

Anyways, I'm done with this conversation as it is not going anywhere but down hill fast just like our economy. This is why political discussions are a bad idea and why I try to stay away from them.

If it is going to cost your fathers company millions more then it did before, then your father's company was not giving fuck all for medical benefits to begin with. That means IMO, your father's company is part of the problem with your economy, not a solution.

The numbers I posted above are from 2009. That's 3 years ago. If your fathers company has been hording cash reserves for the past 3 years, then your father's company is by far a bigger part of the problem then the solution.

You have to be pretty naive to think that Romney getting elected is going to make your father suddenly spend all that horded money on new employees and expansions. That is just not how business works.

Business 101: Expand your business and train new staff when it becomes apparent there is a need in the market for your product.

Your economy is still being repaired from the massive cluster fuck the republicans left it in. Your father's company would be complete morons to spend money on expansions and training if no one can buy the product.

If the government taxed your fathers money at a higher rate, they could lower the taxers of the middle class. If the middle class has more disposable income, they spend it on your fathers product, further increasing his sales giving him the needed capital to expand his business.

It is very simple economics Jodomar. The poor and middle class are the largest portion of the population by a massive amount. Give them more money to spend and your economy will rebuild itself.
Keep protecting the rich and it will continue to decline.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2012, 01:56:19 pm »

I have a more elementary claim to dispute than tank130 does.

Is your dad claiming that INCREASING taxes will cause INFLATION?

No, it's even weirder than that. The only way increasing taxes could cause inflation is if the taxes paid for a government program equal in money...and that government program had a multiplier greater than the one governing taxes. In short, your dad is arguing that Obamacare is stimulative to the economy; that people would spend more on products and services with Obamacare rather than without Obamacare.

And that this is somehow a bad thing.

I was going to be vitriolic about the second paragraph, but unlike posters on TL, you actually seem to be honest about this stuff. I'll lay off, this forum is a nice place.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:12:21 pm by acker » Logged
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2012, 01:59:37 pm »

Yes, because if there's one thing that is heavily discouraged in America, it is educational political discourse. What exactly is going downhill? The number of possible responses from your skewed perspective?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2012, 02:48:00 pm »

Jodomar is obviously bias because his dad owns a business so since it affects him, it affects Jodomar.

On the other hand, we have a very smart business owner here in Tank130 clearly disputing things you think you know and you still want to fight him? smh.

and to SAch

Re: Presidential Debate - USA
« Reply #105 on: Today at 12:27:14 am »
Btw
Or just another puppet?

I interpreted all of this to point to the first question about him being black and i'm sure that's what I meant.

Did anything change by him being a black president in my life and I said i could care less, going straight to the first question. to the question about change i said "more happy black people?"

I'm not a person who is focused on race, there are only 3 black people in my office that i work directly with, 1 of them i dont really like and the other im okay with and the rest are hispanic, asian and (few) white. I live in a city full of mainly asian and hispanic people.

I dont care if hes black and him being a black president changed squat for my life. Now...for older people who have longed for that day and grew up fighting for their rights, it was huge for them but in the end, no change.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:23:17 pm by Tymathee » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2012, 03:14:20 pm »

I think the no change is what we wanted to hear

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2012, 06:31:09 pm »

Hmmm starting out with nothing and ending up with over 700 stores makes my father know a little something about business.  The tax rate here for companies is the second highest in the world, why make it less attractive for companies to come here than it already is? Tank, I think that if you had to pay 35%-38% tax on your business income then you might have another opinion. What is Canada's corporate tax rate 15%? When it comes to investors and people who are thinking about purchasing a new house are not spending their money instead saving it. Talking to a high producing realtor who knows of at least 40 people that will definitely purchase a new home if Obama doesn't get reelected. That means money to realtors, title companies, moving companies, painters, furniture stores, etc.

Also, you guys need the definition of inflation:  Inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. When the general price level rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc