Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 09:31:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Stuka zu Fuss  (Read 13594 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 11:09:48 am »

It only has a 0.25 damage modifier against infantry? What do other artillery pieces have?

Also reducing pop to 6 that will make two stukas cost 12 pop, which is more than a hummel or priest and they perform significantly better than two stukas. It either needs to go down to 5 pop or lower cool down.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:11:38 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 11:19:54 am »

You know what, you have fun with this thread. I've got better things to do then have a discussion with somebody who'll only pick out the part of my replies that suit their argument. -.-'

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 11:26:37 am »

Are you mad because you accidentally mentioned why the stuka is inferior to every single artillery piece in the game. How about the fact that 37-45 damage is the same damage the calliope deals while also firing five times more rockets.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 11:31:43 am »

pop and pool are too much, make both lower and i think it will be fine, a stuka in the hands of a skilled user is incredible.

I used to troll and start with 3 hotch stukas and just bomb anything that came out and they fire only 4 rockets each (total of 12 for 3, normal stuka is 12 for 2) are cheaper in pop, price and pool and have a main gun, its insane.

If you can get a good defensive line up as wehr, bring out 2 stukas and let 'em rock, they're great when on attack, not so good on meeting engagement, which everyone plays.

Wait, i think they'd also be good on defense as well as you can set up a good defensive line and bomb things that try and bother you.

One major thing that sets the stuka apart against other arty pieces is the penetration it has vs armor, which is 100%, if you can get a bunch of them on a heavy, it will mess it up, I've put a full 2 barrages on a pershing and took it down to half, even the splash damage penetrates.

Also, the enemy has no idea where the next shot will hit...I want to play with some stukas now, i miss 'em

Are you mad because you accidentally mentioned why the stuka is inferior to every single artillery piece in the game. How about the fact that 37-45 damage is the same damage the calliope deals while also firing five times more rockets.

different =/= inferior

it's not made to be anti infantry, it's anti structure and anti vehicle, it is an EXCELLENT, weapon against any emplacement, building, house, but only okay vs infantry.

AI is the rockets main weakness and even then it's not horrible cuz if you get a shot where it can get a group of infantry it will kill a lot more than shell artillery, I've had tons of fun with stuka rockets.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 11:32:55 am »

Accidentally?

No, I intentionally stated it, because that's what it has. I present the facts as they are.

The damage LOOKS shit.

However, if you'd have took more than 10 seconds to focus and read my post properly you'd have seen I also mentioned CRITICALS. Go think about what that section of my post means for a while.

Oh fuck it, that'll take you all day. Criticals allow you to kill a unit before it has even reached minimum health. Snipers kill with Crits as the rifle only deals 45 damage (Not enough to kill any inf in one shot).

The Stuka has 100% chance to kill anything with infantry criticals if it is at yellow health. If the damage reduces the unit to under 40% of it's maximum, the rocket will kill it. Riflemen have 55 health, 40% is 22 health. A rocket will deal 37.5 damage AT LEAST which will leave the Rifleman with 17.5 health. 17.5 health is lower than the 40% threshold and means the Rifleman WILL DIE ON THAT HIT.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:43:18 am by Hicks58 » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 12:08:53 pm »

Comparing a stuka rocket to a calliope rocket is like comparing a tiger shell to a panther shell. I'll let you figure out the exact difference between the two yourself.

Also reducing pop to 6 that will make two stukas cost 12 pop, which is more than a hummel or priest and they perform significantly better than two stukas

Think that's more an issue with you being the shittiest stuka player ever to have walked the earth than it is a problem with the stuka.

It either needs to go down to 5 pop or lower cool down.

And you need to return to your cozy little troll cave in OMG.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:50:40 pm by Mysthalin » Logged

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 12:53:27 pm »

So what you are saying is that if a rockets hits a riflemen squad a single soldier dies? Doesn't sound very impressive. If most barrages only get a single kill then that's not good enough.

Comparing a stuka rocket to a calliope rocket is like comparing a tiger shell to a panther shell. I'll let you figure out the exact difference between the two yourself.

Why? 2x Stukas cost almost the same amount of fuel and more pool, pop and manpower as well as having less health than the Calliope. Yet the rockets deal the same damage even though the calliope fires nearly three times as many rockets.

Still what baffles me is why is it better in vCOH? and I don't mean population stats, it has to be the damage or penetration or splash. It would be best if the performance of this unit matched it's perfromance in vCOH where it's a useful unit, but currently it's underperforming and not just because of the pop.

If the cooldown is higher in EIR by 30s then I really don't see why. If that is the case then it should be reverted. This along with the pop decrease to 6 could possible be enough to make it a useful unit.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:59:37 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 12:56:49 pm »

So what you are saying is that if two rockets hit a riflemen squad a single soldier dies? Doesn't sound very impressive. If most barrages only get a single kill then that's not good enough.

It's amazing how you didn't take in a single fucking word I said.

Have fun with him Myst.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 01:01:11 pm »

Sorry, I meant one rocket.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 01:33:46 pm »

Nah, I'm not that bothered either.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 02:32:23 pm »

1. It's better in vcoh cuz vcoh has higher population

2. You can have more infantry to shoot at

3. You can have more stuka's instead of just one or two like in eir,

4. Also since they're better against static targets, they can rip up brits and bases

5. Players blob more in vcoh than in eir

easy enough to figure out and i only played like 3 vcoh mp games.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 10:21:01 pm »

5 made me lol

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 12:02:55 am »

Stukas are more a standoff weapon on the same lines as the AVRE.
if you know a player has a stuka or AVRE you wont have a static defense, you wont camp your schreck squad in a building, you wont camp your 30. cal mg behind that wall.
Becuase you know sooner or later it will get hit.

Personally i feel the accuracy of thses weapons are chaotic at best, but thats half the fun of the game.
just because you cant win a game with a stuka does not mean its at all underpowered.

Tho with that said it could use a buff in one of 3 areas

1. Increased damage from rocket impact

2. Increased Burn duration and damage after rocket impact

3. A drop in their Pop and pool costs, because there are plenty of other units you could use to deal alot more kills for what they cost

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 03:44:15 am »

the stuka is a anti tank rocket artillery which in itself is kind of useless since anyone using a tank right will be able to move away when he hears the firing especially since the stuka has a distinct sound, increase the damage modifier to the point where it kills riflemen with 1 rocket and it will start being usefull but it wont be overpowered since it doesnt have huge splash.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 03:46:14 am »

Tottaly agreed with that dude (facepalm.jpg), also if u will look deeper u will notice that mortar is tank counter ass well, lets buff mortar too  Cheesy

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 03:53:15 am »

mortar isnt a tank counter sure it can be a last bastion against tanks if you got no at on the field as it can damage engine it making it useless however mortars are cheaper popwise and resource wise and they are already usefull against infantry
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 03:53:58 am »

-.-
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 03:57:43 am »

look shab if you are going down the omniscience tree (which if you want to use stukas you need to do) you get 88 artillery which doubles up as a no go zone for tanks or bait for the enemy if youre using it well and on top of that you get 105 artillery which is much more accurate and will actually kill infantry what purpose does the stuka have then? sure its mobile but thats its only use since they are both 8 pop i think we can both agree that the flak is the superior choice
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 10:03:40 am »

^ very true. if u go the arty route, why take a stuka over 88 arty outside of mobility?

and the 50% dmg on the neb isn't even noticed.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »

^ very true. if u go the arty route, why take a stuka over 88 arty outside of mobility?

and the 50% dmg on the neb isn't even noticed.

50% more damage on nebel is not noticeable because nebel kills with DoT with those zones. Nebels artillery power is questionable due to its accuracy being rather scattered but its suppression is what makes it half useful but with 8 pop you are better off with two machinegun teams and still pay less support pool and population.

Stuka is also rather iffy due to it being 6 inaccurate rockets. If you hit you do something but that is only if you hit. Thus the number of Stukas being greater than 1 multiplies the chance of hitting something like we all know, A full barrage directly hitting something is dead thing but hey 16 pop for something like that. Go for it if you want but you won't have a lot to protect it unless your team is presetted for one to focus arty and the other for defence(s) but then it'd be 2vs3 or 1vs2 etc etc etc. I can forsee that spamming stukas MIGHT work in a 4v4 depending on team skill levels.

But, the cost, pop, pool, I think I'd still go for something else in all honesty.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc