Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 05:32:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential Nebel change.  (Read 4301 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« on: October 22, 2012, 12:29:00 pm »

People have been saying for quite a while that the Nebel is pants at best.

I'm of the opinion that through it's damage, it's suppression and it's AOE, it aint that bad when it lands on a target. The base statistics don't need tweaking.

There is something else that can be done with the Nebel however, which doesn't involve toying around with the base statistics. Change the way that the Nebel fires.

Currently, the Nebel fires in a straight up then back down on the target fashion. It also fires off it's rockets pretty slowly. With the removal of it's building crit, it lost it's only real purpose - Making people GTFO of buildings upon hearing the signature screech of Nebel rockets.

The first half of my proposal is to change the angle that it fires a fair margin higher than the Calliope. This will make it's spread a bit more consistent in general. The other half is to increase it's rate of fire to about 0.25 - 0.5 seconds. This will make the Nebel ripple-fire it's 6 (or 9 with Firestorm) rockets. This will allow more than a single rocket to actually hit the intended target. This is in contrast to the current routine of maybe getting caught by a single rocket because you've had half the day to start moving after the first rocket launch.

With this firing style, you wouldn't even need to re-enable building crits... The angle would have it wreck most buildings you pointed it at as the 6 rounds are liable to end up going into the desired building anyhow.

By altering the firing path and speed, you've got a consistent suppression and small area denial weapon as well as building killer without touching on the main stats.

Sound good?

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 12:31:09 pm »

Definitely agree. Fund it nao.

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 12:32:30 pm »

Would make it a lot more interesting to use but Arent you just describing the Blitz mod Low ark fire on the Nebelwerfer?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 12:33:20 pm »

As I said earlier... Niko approves!

Well, with the reservation that the effectiveness against support weapons might need to be looked at due to the small splash and the ridiculously large scatter at long range. Now that the rockets will have trouble landing behind atg's and most likely hit the gun, with the pathetic splash the crew will be easier off.

Still better than what it is right now by far Smiley

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thingafter they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 06:56:26 pm »

I like this suggestion, we could play around with the splash a bit to better match the presentation of the rocket explosions.

Common sense is not so common after all.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 07:12:38 pm »

Although I'm not sure whether this will improve building performance. If you fire at a building with a low angle the rockets will only damage units on that side of the building rather than if you fired like a mortar.

Just an FYI
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 10:01:21 pm »

Although I'm not sure whether this will improve building performance. If you fire at a building with a low angle the rockets will only damage units on that side of the building rather than if you fired like a mortar.

Just an FYI

Unless it collapses the building....

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 11:16:11 pm »

so basically, this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34xz-WPVZqg

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 05:34:59 am »

I like this suggestion
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 06:26:03 am »

Pretty much, except a little faster firing rate since you'll typically only have one launcher, two max.

Just an FYI

Yes, it'd only damage units on the side that it hits. However, it'd also totally collapse the building if all 6 of them slammed into it and hit the 3-4 critical points. But shit, if you want to hit the inf inside the building THAT badly, drive a bike or run a squad past it for a split second to make everybody shift to the desired side of the building.

Try making up a mock version of it and see if it works out PQ. The animation will likely be off as by default the launcher points straight up but you can check out it's combat performance. Animation can be sorted out later (Hell, if the angle is done right it may not even have to bother playing an animation to change the angle of the launcher at all)

Remember, base two points are angle of fire and sufficient increase in RoF to around 0.25-0.75 seconds per rocket.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 08:58:21 am »

Just an FYI

But you'd get a choice of which side of the building you're hitting. As opposed to the random "lol, I might not even HIT the building" situation that it is now.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 09:16:48 am »

Not only that, but a Nebel barrage with the adjusted arc and the increased RoF would look cool as fuck.

Swagger points man. People'd field Nebels just to watch those swanky rockets fly.

...At least I would anyhow lol.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 10:18:35 am »

Blitzkrieg mod has this, I suggest you try it out if you have it installed. It's interesting because you can choose between the two firing modes and firing like a Calliope allows the rockets to get to their target much faster but buildings and hedges also become obstacles. So it's a bit of trade-off, but ultimately it makes the Nebelwerfer more versatile. So it's definitely a good idea.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 10:34:21 am »

I love it in blitz mod, you get the same option for the Stuka, in some cases i'd go either one or the other depending on how i feel. If its sitting still i go high barrage, if they're moving low barrage.

then again, in blitz nebels and stukas are ridiculously over powered, once you get 'em, the allies are toast, just aim and fire at the base and it's over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc