Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 07:09:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goliath  (Read 33143 times)
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2012, 09:14:49 am »

You're right.

There ARE counters to Goliaths. However, with every spam build that is made, an underlying issue with a unit is brought to light. Sometimes it's a glaring issue, sometimes it's a subtle issue.

With the Goliath, it's just the fact that you can have so many of them and still an effective company in field at the same time, as well as sorting out the priorities on it. No changes to how the unit is used or what the unit is capable needs to be done, it just needs in my opinion, a bit of a pop increase so you can't throw hordes of the buggers out in field whilst having a load of support weapons too.

having a quad, a bar squad or any kind of focused fire will disable all golioth spams. 

They have no sight and people use them to flank, knowning that its like At gun creeping, you gotta be carefukl

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2012, 09:34:22 am »

Puddin, as we just established the Quad will priortize and auto target other units over the goliath, making it unreliable for countering goliaths.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2012, 10:15:38 am »

That's why we have left mouse buttons. Select/drag select/hockey and click attack.

Is the argument here that units don't do enough on their own?

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2012, 11:05:29 am »

Puddin, as we just established the Quad will priortize and auto target other units over the goliath, making it unreliable for countering goliaths.

your right, auto targeting is what wins games in Eir.  Sorry, i forgot that this comunity has never herd of the terM micro, or even, PAY ATTENTION for that matter
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2012, 12:03:01 pm »

That's why we have left mouse buttons. Select/drag select/hockey and click attack.

I didn't know you could do that. Finally someone with helpful input in this thread.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2012, 06:30:16 pm »

I didn't know you could do that. Finally someone with helpful input in this thread.

If you are trying to micro a tank away from a Goliath while clicking attack hotkey on it sure it will turn to fire at the goli, however if you are forced to move again before it actually shoots it will return to its target tables potentially firing thus going on cooldown requiring you to probably keep moving and attempting to re target said goliath. Every time you click to move, unless you sit and make sure it fires on goliath (your fucked if you miss) potentially keeping you in range of atgs or other dangerous things, your tank may start to retarget something other then they thing you want.

While most of the times I personally feel this is a non-issue, the whole 'micro better' comment is kind of silly when your micro can be hampered by the tables. (we have fixed them for other things before.)

This is the exact same argument as the CCT had before.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »

I think for those who are complaining about it should go and make a goli company. After that, you'll realize it's not that OP and you really a lot on your team mates.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2012, 12:38:01 am »

FYI to everyone, you can make a 25 Goliath, KT, and 2 ostwind company off the bat and still afford plenty of volks/grens/whatever to overwhelm enemy companies. Did I mention this is a 0 game account? Those goliaths have a huge repay potential ,and all those pios = free capping squads for low pop. If they get attacked while capping, just rush the Horde at the attacker and watch it run away or blow the hell up.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13:44 am »

Is the argument here that units don't do enough on their own?

The argument here is that even if you do that, you are bound by CoH law to stand in place with the unit you just told to shoot the goliath, as a move order + shitty priorities will cause the unit to switch back to shooting the super-dangerous no-upgrade pioneers instead.

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2012, 04:41:10 am »

The argument here is that even if you do that, you are bound by CoH law to stand in place with the unit you just told to shoot the goliath, as a move order + shitty priorities will cause the unit to switch back to shooting the super-dangerous no-upgrade pioneers instead.
Exactly, yet the circular argument to this is L2 Micro.

I think were tilting at windmills here, goliaths will never be capped/nerfed and users will continue to abuse that fact.\

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2012, 05:48:32 am »

So are you buffing or tuning something to counter goliath or nerfing goliath?
Or just add a brand-new counter?

Change target priorities.
Nerf goliath.
Add a new ability that allies can send radio signals to detonate the goliath.

I prefer the first and the third.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2012, 06:48:01 am »

Well honestly all you need to do is to add pool to them so they cant be spammed to death like they have with the Brits so you cant spam mines with sappers.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2012, 09:24:51 am »

To be completely honest they now have a pop presence on the field. That is enough.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2012, 03:01:32 pm »

Exactly, yet the circular argument to this is L2 Micro.

I think were tilting at windmills here, goliaths will never be capped/nerfed and users will continue to abuse that fact.\

dot

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2012, 03:14:46 pm »

Maybe we can add to the commando Triangulation Cheating System(TM) a option to hack the goliath to switch the owner of it or for more lulz just the control of it.

9th Armoured Engineers
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2013, 10:25:54 am »

a mix of anger and frustration= goliath in a nutshell

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc