Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 09:33:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tanks Job/Anyones Job  (Read 16837 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 01:13:01 pm »

Well.... you engineer how you want to engineer.

I can tell you right now, there is no fucking way I am going to allow my Electrical engineer calculate the structural requirements for a 20 ft high concrete wall, 250 feet long holding up a mountainside with my homes below it.........

Specializations do not matter as much in engineering
Come back to me 20 years from now and tell me this....... you and I will both have a good chuckle!!

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »

By now I don't have a real job (I'm a student) but in the future I will be a electrical engineer which means that I'm not 100% architect but in a a special way I will still have the same responsibilities - With the difference that as a electrical engineer my end-product is a technical unit/device and as a architects my end-product is a construction/building. The complete development process of these two academic avocations may use different subject-dependet methods but overall .

Ure fucked Wink
"Im becoming a electrical engineer to strip copper from building materials and sell them for drugs"

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 01:31:36 pm »

In engineering it's all about the skills which are easily transferable because each type of engineering is very similar.

rofl... just rofl.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 02:12:33 pm »

"Im becoming a electrical engineer to strip copper from building materials and sell them for drugs"

Watch your words. You can't even build your own computer.  Wink

9th Armoured Engineers
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 02:23:06 pm »

My dad started as an electrical power engineer, and is now a structural design engineer for power stations. o yeah, specializations do not matter as much in engineering. 

Your dad will be designing the electrical engineering portion of the building. He will not be engineering the concrete, steel, and wood used to build the power station. Nor will he be designing the roads, drainage, and water/sewer services going to that building.

He most likely will be involved in the designing of the room layouts and building layout as well, but he sure as fuck will not be calculating the amount of structural steel going into the concrete walls to hold the roof up......lol
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2012, 02:34:57 pm »

Tank, you missed the point of the post.

My dad could beat you up.
You can't touch me or the police will arrest you.
Your a poo poo face.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2012, 02:49:28 pm »

Tank, you missed the point of the post.

My dad could beat you up.
You can't touch me or the police will arrest you.
Your a poo poo face.

sorry....... I am old and slow. It's so obvious now.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2012, 05:19:43 pm »

Exactly, i didn't say he would be doing that, i said that all engineering is very similar, and that proves my point, you can move from one type of engineering to another (in my dads case from power grid to structural design). Sure the engineering you will move to will have elements of your previous engineering (designing the room layouts for the electrical equipment, and not calculating how many steal beams are needed), but it is still a different form of engineering. So specialization does not matter as much in engineering. 

You're quite wrong about that... If your dad had instead specialized in semi-conductor design or digital signal processing or photonics or any number of other electrical engineering specializations, he would not have the capabilities to do that job.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2012, 05:28:22 pm »

Yes but when you first study engineering, you do not study a specialization, you start with power engineering or civil, or mechanical engineering in general. After that is when you specialize. But you have learned the skills to do other kinds of engineering in a similar field already, so he would have the capabilities. The only time you would was if you went straight with a specialization, but that's uncommon and silly.

Perhaps to some extent, but I think that there's less overlap than you'd expect. Mostly just math classes. With training you can certainly learn to do other things, but that's the whole point of schooling in the first place.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2012, 05:52:14 pm »

Well, there is as much overlap as i expect, just to reach the outer rim of the overlap you would need to do a bit more learning, or a course, or an open university degree (depending how different it is). But it's certainly not all about specialization as tank suggested, as you can move from one field to another, unlike doctors.

WRONG!!!

Doctors all start with the same basic education and training as well. Add to that "a bit more learning, or a course, or an open university degree" and you are specialized in another area of the same field.

With training you can certainly learn to do other things, but that's the whole point of schooling in the first place.

This could be said for every profession in the world. The only thing separating me from a brain surgeon is a little training and a few courses.....LOL

But seriously - all engineers are NOT the same. You need to do a little more research Alpha. Talk to your dad a little more, he will set you straight. (assuming he has not been subjected to acid yet......)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2012, 06:48:01 pm »

And AlphaTIG misses the point completely.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2012, 07:03:05 pm »

It's late and i'm ill, so i need points explained to me as if i were a moron Smiley

don't tempt me........lol
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2012, 07:20:43 pm »

Anyway, I've been talking about things like moving into another field of engineering but with a link to your previous type, such as mechanical to aeronautical; for that you just need to study things about planes.

Seriously..... I hope you are trying to troll us.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2012, 07:33:00 pm »

No, for example a mechanical engineer who used to design car parts could start designing plane parts if they learn about planes Tongue
And Aerodynamics, and stress factors (in excess of normal mechanical engineer training), and weight distribution, and... well the list goes on.

So no, its not simply 'If they learnz bout planez'....
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2012, 07:38:09 pm »

WRONG!!!

Doctors all start with the same basic education and training as well. Add to that "a bit more learning, or a course, or an open university degree" and you are specialized in another area of the same field.

This could be said for every profession in the world. The only thing separating me from a brain surgeon is a little training and a few courses.....LOL

But seriously - all engineers are NOT the same. You need to do a little more research Alpha. Talk to your dad a little more, he will set you straight. (assuming he has not been subjected to acid yet......)

Pretty much.

All doctors gain basic anatomy info, then they choose a specialty and become an intern, if they want to continue in that specialty they become a resident, this can take from 3-5 years depending on the specialty and doctors in the field, and after THAT, you gain a Fellowship where you finally start to see patients but you can't have a private practice, and after your Fellowship (being a Fellow) you become an Attending and you can have your own patients.

Some crazy doctors go thru fellowship training again (like our Dr Kao among others) and have more than one specialty.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2013, 11:05:27 pm »

In this thread 3 grown men ganged up on a girl

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2013, 12:08:44 am »

In this thread 3 grown men GANGBANGED a girl

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2013, 01:45:01 am »

In this thread 3 grown men ganged up on a girl

I think that we should call it "bukkake" (Alphas avatar)

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2013, 09:41:35 am »

And then the necrophiliacs joined in

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2013, 10:03:51 am »

Tig, you are aware when people said "doctors" can switch between areas in their field relatively easy they meant literally Medical Doctors? Who literally and without a doubt all learn the exact same stuff for 3-5 years (depending on country and university course) before being allowed to specialize? They all have the requisite fundamentals to do everything a doctor should do - they just chose specific areas after those fundamentals.

Not at all the case in engineering courses. I attend(ed) a university that has a ridiculously strong engineering department and have befriended many different sorts of engineers, many of them now in work. Mechanical to Electrical to Chemical to Civil to Aerospace to Software. Some of them are related (Aerospace is basically a convoluted mix of actual Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical and Systems - jack of all trades kind of thing, but they are not trained to be any of those three types of engineer. Mainly a coordinator of all 3 disciplines for use in Aeroplanes). Mechanical and Civil, on the other hand - have 0 overlap in core modules, and in fact, no overlap that I am aware of even in optional modules. Chemical is off on it's own tangent completely (though then I know one Aerospace Engineer who had to do a Chemical Engineering  department project as her final-year project. Just because she was doing propulsion and they thought it'd be funny to give that to her).

In short - just because someone is an Engineer does not mean they can just switch from Electrical to Civil, or Mechanical to Aerospace - because the disciplines have little overlap. Basic Physics fundamentals they got in High School is pretty much where the proper similarities end, and for you to be able to "switch" you'd either have to take another MEng, or slowly work your way into the field through long years in the industry by finding some sort of overlap.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc