Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 08:49:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kangaroo  (Read 6868 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: January 20, 2013, 06:51:51 am »

Bring back units being able to garrison & fire out of it, but stop them from being able to use button or abilities inside. Sounds good?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 07:15:10 am »

smokaz <3 kangaroo

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:39:52 am »

yep, nerf bren carrier + recon squad

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 10:21:16 am »

ick is just SO madlence that i wrecked his sniper that was sitting right next to a half track yesterday because he didn't have any support next to it. L2Ray please.

Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 04:23:52 pm »

Ah, that takes me back to a few days ago when my sten commandos came up behind a vet2 and vet5 sniper and killed them on retreat. RIP brave brave snipers, sorry to have killed you.

lol.
I had a game against shab which wrecked our whole team and got around 50 kills during the game and reached veteramcy two in that game. We were all out of units but there was one commando unit (with stens) on the field. Shab retreated his sniper and run randomly trough these guys and that sniper got toasted.

Overall we got smacked in our faced with that game but this funny kill made it totally worth it. Sad that I didn't save that replay.

9th Armoured Engineers
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 07:58:15 am »

Posts on topic other than original post: 0

As far as recon snipe inside a roo goes, are you gonna suicide a reward unit roo to kill a plain sniper

I was mainly concerned with button
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 08:07:32 am »

give bren carriers an abillity that increases detection for a short time and take away recon abillity to snipe from inside uni carriers
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 10:33:16 am »

give bren carriers an abillity that increases detection for a short time and take away recon abillity to snipe from inside uni carriers

How does this suggestion relate to the OP about the Kangaroo?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 11:13:55 am »

it doesnt what it does do is suggest a more reasonable sniper counter than recons in uni carriers which has been talked about in this thread
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 11:17:29 am »

counter snipe is not fine because its the equivalent of a sprinting enemy sniper with heroic criticals and a large detection radius
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 11:28:32 am »

why cant they button? button sucks anyways =P

button in roo will be the only time you see button actually doing something

also if you have problem with recon/BGC then make a new thread. and btw, it's fine and not something you should complain about.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 11:29:56 am »

It's been so long that people may have forgotten about the silliness of doctrine buffed roos.  Even without button crew inside, you have a crazy amount of health for a troop carrier because ablative armor and doctrine buffs, could house piats which would allow the roos to troll around shot blockers all day, can now house flamer sappers which makes it a makeshift croc while still having the ability to house other troops, cap territory, and still at the end of the day can disembark all it's firepower if gets in trouble.  

Piats, flamers alone should make it one of the strongest urban fighting vehicles in the game.  That being said it is a reward unit.  However, if they are not able to disable the use of abilities out of them, I would really rather not see Roos of the old again.  I forget but it was possible to FOO out them too right?  
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 11:38:01 am »

It's been so long that people may have forgotten about the silliness of doctrine buffed roos.  Even without button crew inside, you have a crazy amount of health for a troop carrier because ablative armor and doctrine buffs, could house piats which would allow the roos to troll around shot blockers all day, can now house flamer sappers which makes it a makeshift croc while still having the ability to house other troops, cap territory, and still at the end of the day can disembark all it's firepower if gets in trouble.  

Piats, flamers alone should make it one of the strongest urban fighting vehicles in the game.  That being said it is a reward unit.  However, if they are not able to disable the use of abilities out of them, I would really rather not see Roos of the old again.  I forget but it was possible to FOO out them too right?  

It's a reward unit, and boy is it biased to ignore PE ht's (which recently got a major buff) doing the exact same thing. The buff the pe inf ht got even relates to fighting in urban environment. Part of the charm of old roo was that it was dispendable (didn't gain vet, cheap unlock). While now it won't be.

I'd rather have it lose some health then keep the not firing out ..
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 12:02:12 pm »

Can you actually compare the roo to a PE HT?

If I am not mistaken, the roo has much higher durability and crush. I guess those could be removed/equaled, but then what would be the difference between a bren and a roo?
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 01:06:24 pm »

i want garoos like once OMG had, taking in captain, bren, piat in and all vet3 after 1 game lool, was epic shit

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 02:12:59 pm »

Can you actually compare the roo to a PE HT?

You just did.

If I am not mistaken, the roo has much higher durability and crush. I guess those could be removed/equaled, but then what would be the difference between a bren and a roo?

The roo is (was before it was made a weaponless bus) a bigger inf ht, just like the tiger is a bigger p4, just like the m18 is a expensive more penetrating m10.. are you saying we should 1 unit of every category.. srsly dont understand the point here, help me.

People aren't buying roos after they lost fire out of / was made reward unit.

Though, changing it back to be a combat unit (with inf inside) isn't the only imaginable option. Maybe it's pop was reduced, making it's role a very durable transport.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:19:21 pm by Smokaz » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 02:32:43 pm »

Making it like 2 pop would make for a very nice bus.
Speeding in and pooping out sapper flamers amid ranks of the enemy.

Otherwise in its current state its "broken"and other wise useless

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 02:38:35 pm »

They're just a poorly designed unit in vCOH really. A very durable infantry carrier that lets multiple squads fire from inside it? Please.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 02:39:36 pm »

They're just a poorly designed unit in vCOH really. A very durable infantry carrier that lets multiple squads fire from inside it? Please.

i call that variation =)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 03:32:59 pm »

Sorry Smokaz..... Brain fart from me. I was not thinking of it from a 'reward unit' angle.

No matter what happens to this unit, it should never, ever, get crush again.
Making it a rare Reward unit as described by smokaz may not be the end of the world....

BTW - With the next launcher patch, they will not be called Reward units any more. They will become Warmap units.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc