Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:07:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 169847 times)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2013, 12:49:59 am »

Well Tig if you don't believe that everything that the pope says in the office of the holy see is the word of God then you aren't a roman catholic. I believe congratulations are in order.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2013, 01:21:33 am »

I've been Confirmed so I am.

It doesn't matter that I am a "bad Catholic" for not following each of their teachings, the church would still wed me as a Catholic as I have been Confirmed.

Alright, I don't believe in anything that the catholic church believes in but I'm going to get myself confirmed anyway.

100% bonafide legit catholic without actually being catholic, fuckin' a.

But I'm not going to stop there, I'm going to be a baptist protestant catholic buddhist pastafarian rastafarian
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:23:20 am by Sachaztan » Logged
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2013, 02:01:30 am »

You can'r get confirmed. First you need Baptism, then a bunch of lessons for Communian, then have your Communian, then have a bunch of lesson for Confirmation, then get Confirmed.

You can't just decide to be Confirmed on a whim lol.

I can do all that and still believe in absolutely NOTHING of it.

Sure it's a bit more work becoming a catholic than it was for me to become a protestant pastafarian, but I'll get there. I'd also become a Jew if it weren't such a massive hassle.

When I have more money I'll become a Satanist too, it takes 200$ to become a registered member in the church of satan.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:04:11 am by Sachaztan » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2013, 03:14:44 am »

Everyone should just be atheist.
No moronic beliefs .
No commitments
No eternal damnation
You can drink smoke fuck and wear what ever you want when ever you want

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2013, 04:50:46 am »

There's a clear and obvious difference between disagreeing on the fine print and disagreeing on a fundamental pillar of the faith.

You are not Buddhist if you do not believe in reincarnation, you are not Muslim if you do not believe that Muhammad was God's prophet, you are not Christian if you do not believe in Jesus Christ, you are not baptist if you do not believe in credobaptism and you are not Catholic if you do not believe in what the pope says.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2013, 05:04:48 am »

To be fair to the pope, the new one is quite the upstart hippie compared to the old one last time I checked Smiley Fuck, this one actually makes him seem like a decent guy, and I'm pretty sure TDS did not like the old pope much.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-april-2-2013/humblr-

It's almost like he's human or something Smiley

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2013, 05:46:35 am »

OR they can try to do what hitler did with the jews
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2013, 06:08:48 am »

That would make me Catholic, since I follow my conscience. In fact that would make everyone that follows their conscience a catholic, how convenient.
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2013, 06:30:01 am »

We all know catholics (me) dont like homosexuals with a quarter of the US being catholic and seven or eight of the justices also being catholic gay marriage ain't gonna happen in the entire US
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2013, 06:35:20 am »

No you should not be like tig, however clone, keep telling yourself that.

Old people die eventually you know.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2013, 07:08:44 am »

First of all you said that following your conscience trumps everything else, but I see you edited that out now. Because if it did trump everything, then it trumps EVERYTHING. Like I could disregard everything else because my conscience told me so and still be a catholic.

But even under these new premises that you have laid out it is still ridiculously all-encompassing and goes against what else that you have said. With your mindset the conscience card can be played against absolutely everything in the catholic dogma.

"My conscience tells me that eating Christ's flesh and drinking his blood is wrong"
"My conscience tells me baptizing children is wrong"
"My conscience tells me that the church shouldn't have a pope"
"My conscience tells me that marriage is wrong"

But of course, this isn't true in roman catholic dogma. There are things that are considered absolute truth, de fide. If you don't hold this to be true and consider yourself catholic then you are a heretic

http://jloughnan.tripod.com/dogma.htm
Check out number 228
"The Pope is infallible when he speaks ex cathedra. (De fide.)"
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2013, 07:30:37 am »

good old Catholics.....

Fuck little boys up the ass, lie, steal, cheat, molest, drink, swear....... confess on Monday, good to go for the rest of the week.

And, according to Tig, you don't even have to believe in the shit they preach.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2013, 07:40:55 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

In case you were unsure about just how important this aspect is in catholic dogma.
omgNiko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2013, 08:09:58 am »

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 02:49:09 pm by omgNiko » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2013, 08:33:28 am »

I still find it funny how one thinks they can make up their own version of a religion and still call themselves a "true" christian, that's not how it works.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2013, 09:26:52 am »

Jesus Christ what a mindpretzel you have to pull on yourself in order to reconcile Catholic dogma with your personal beliefs.

Fun fact: I can also pull a mindpretzel strong enough to convince myself that I am Catholic.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2013, 09:42:47 am »

Yea, what's the point of being part of a religion, or any institution for that matter, if you fundamentally disagree with the core beliefs underlying said institution?

May as well just believe in God without some silly institution.

Anyway, what's wrong with me being Roman Catholic? It's the religion I wanted to belong to, and I believe that there is nothing wrong with Gay Marriage. So you should be praising me for being a cool Catholic!
Why did you want to belong to it? Do you actually know anything about Roman Catholicism or do you just think it sounds cool?

Do you support abortion?
Do you believe women are equal to men?
Do you believe couples should be allowed to use condoms or any other form of contraception?
Do you support gay marriage and gay rights in general?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions you really shouldn't be a part of the religion...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:44:41 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2013, 09:44:41 am »

I think what always finished my arguments off everytime with Christians is:

God created man with free will. Man then uses that free will to choose something. Christians get angry that man used gods gift.

"look I got you a snuggie! It's a robe or a blanket. But never, in any case is it a towel, ever."

This discussion has been illuminating. Sach, hicks, Tig doesn't use condoms, it's against the church's beliefs. Your best bet is pull out. But overall I suggest extreme abstanince from her. You don't know how much "body of Christ" she's had.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2013, 09:46:17 am »

I never said I don't believe in the core beliefs did I? All I said was that I believe there is nothing wrong with Gay Marriage.

I'm quite sure you disagree with most of their core beliefs. It's obvious you don't have a clue what Roman Catholicism stands for.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2013, 10:19:55 am »

Whether or not you believe in a god, you must remember that the Christian faith is a hodgepodge of others created for the sole purpose to take over the power vacuum created by the fall of the Roman Empire.

Be spiritual if you will, also be knowledgeable. And above all don't blindly follow anything without attempting to understand it yourself. This goes towards both those who blindly worship a faith, and those who spew off Hawking rhetoric.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc