Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 11:36:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch 0.7.9.Z.4  (Read 42104 times)
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2013, 02:01:10 am »

Whose this rocketranger guy? I've played two games with him now and he hasn't called anything on in either. He just surrenders in the first minute...

Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2013, 08:07:13 am »

Great job on neutering stormtroopers! nice that you took elite armor away Wink the only thing that brought them up to par with rangers mandos etc etc, oh and really cool i got to buy the old assault nades now before i can get the useful upgrades Wink keep up the good work, (btw whoever told you not to rework that blitz doct was totally mental).
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2013, 08:18:20 am »

Stormys are still way better tbh.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2013, 08:20:09 am »

unless i missed something really obvious they recieved no significant buffs combatwise and lost elite armor dub shrecks and quad mp44s, so how are they better?

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2013, 08:30:34 am »

mainly 95Hp per man, They can cloak, have 2 bundles at vet 2, and after the most idiotic change by whoever made the infantry doc of putting the triage at t2 instead of 1 makes it that unlike the rangers they can heal to full health after a battle while an infantry player requres a Brit with a ccs to heal his(only applys early war with the healing ofcourse).
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2013, 08:59:59 am »

Please take your balance discussion to the appropriate forum.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2013, 09:22:19 am »

unless i missed something really obvious they recieved no significant buffs combatwise and lost elite armor dub shrecks and quad mp44s, so how are they better?

Yes you did miss something really obvious. Look at the bottom section T2 that gives them back their +2 MP44's and +1 Shreck. If you want to run powerful Stormies, you've gotta invest some unlocks. You also missed them being 95HP per man and being able to cloak, but apparently they needed an extra -25% incoming accuracy to become useful vs elite infantry? Try using bundle grenades, both Nikomas and SpartanMarine will attest to how dangerous they can be to infantry of any description.

They also get +1 bundle grenade with the mid T4, and still retain +1 at vet 2, making for a total possible of 3 bundles on a squad. That's an insane amount of AI firepower for 45 MU, and it's still not good enough?

Even against Thompson Rangers and Sten Commandos I had Stormtroopers WITHOUT x4 MP44's perform more than well enough.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:14 am »

yes and by making the better unlocks a doctrinal unlock youve made it so i got to choose between either gimped storms or gimped tigers and storms (No BK) oh and unless the bundle nade isnt dodged (Which it is 90% of the time btw Wink ) the aforementioned ranger squad will beat the stormtrooper squad EVEN with 4x mp44 which is a far pricier upgrade than thompsons x4 if i remember correctly.
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2013, 09:44:23 am »

i will however say that you did a generally good job with the patch, only other issue is the way you buffed the tiger but whatever.

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2013, 09:48:27 am »

yes and by making the better unlocks a doctrinal unlock youve made it so i got to choose between either gimped storms or gimped tigers and storms (No BK) oh and unless the bundle nade isnt dodged (Which it is 90% of the time btw Wink ) the aforementioned ranger squad will beat the stormtrooper squad EVEN with 4x mp44 which is a far pricier upgrade than thompsons x4 if i remember correctly.

actually 4 mp44s and a tommy upgrade on rangers cost the same and at the same time 4xmp44 storms actually beat rangers if its the fight involvs moving from long to close like an actual fight is.
granted rangers do have the ability of keeping a smg if a guy goes down but even that is quite limited when there is no real healing.

# m1_thompson_smg.rgd
  | Zaxis S DPS = 16.27
  | Zaxis M DPS = 2.81
  | Zaxis L DPS = 1.11

# mp44_assault_rifle.rgd
  | Zaxis S DPS = 19.43
  | Zaxis M DPS = 3.91
  | Zaxis L DPS = 1.02
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:51:14 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2013, 09:54:35 am »

those dps stats are for the scoped stg44s.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2013, 09:55:44 am »

i know, i copyd the wrong thing

I actually forgot to point out in that stat that the MP44 has a  0.75 accuracy modifyer vs Elite armor while the tomson SMG has a 0.75 damage modifyer vs infantry armour, and you also have to take in account the general luck thats involved but yea, storms are still better tbh.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:00:36 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2013, 10:02:50 am »

The point is, stormtroopers with elite armor were an insane unlock, so they were taken away. Stormtroopers aren't mainline infantry, they're ambush and its annoying as heck having stormtroopers sneak behind your line with 4 schecks, clobbering you then popping blitz to get out of there, theres no other unit that can do that.

Now you use them as ambush, put them with ur units to protect them, enemy attacks, fire.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2013, 10:06:45 am »

Learn to use cloak. The best part of Stormtroopers is that you are rarely forced into engaging your enemy in the open, and if you are then you're doing it wrong. Too many times have I let my opponent get pre-occupied with a frontline unit to make a squad or support weapon disappear that he isn't paying attention to.

Gimped Tigers? You think you NEED the Blitz ability to use Tigers? I've NEVER used Blitz with Tigers and I've performed very well with them, and that was before we decided to knock up the health.

4x MP44 is a far pricier upgrade than 4x Thompsons? What? So you're trying to tell me that 140 MU is somehow substantially more than... 140 MU? Not to mention a Stormtrooper squad can be either sat in green cover or be behind your target when it opens up on them (Being behind a target can mean you kill 2 guys before the target has finished turning around to start shooting you if you've decloaked at close range).

As for Thompson Rangers beating 4x MP44 Storms, it's about who fires first, who closes the distance, and who has cover. Guess who can put all three of those in their favour.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2013, 10:19:42 am »

As for Thompson Rangers beating 4x MP44 Storms, it's about who fires first, who closes the distance, and who has cover. Guess who can put all three of those in their favour.

Might it have something to do with a unit that can close to point blank before the other unit even knows there there? And potentially start the firefight off with a grenade that is hard to dodge due to not seeing it coming?

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2013, 10:53:09 am »

open gun fight rangers should win. other then that have fun fighting units that have first attack that kills half the squad.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2013, 04:04:45 pm »

open gun fight rangers should win. other then that have fun fighting units that have first attack that kills half the squad.

probably, mainly because of armor and men  but if it were 4 rangers vs 4 storms, storms win. Also because its 4 as vs 6, more firepower is being focused on the 4 than the 4 on the 6 since it spreads the fire among the units in the squad.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2013, 03:07:24 am »

Airborne pool values are wacky as shit. if u want to make some kind of airborne army ure stuck with like 200+ on everything. It just doesnt fit.
Tbh.:Remove the pool restrictions

the problem is equipping RRs and Bars to AB units, that takes an insane amount out of your pool values. Im not going to say that you should solve this problem by having only 4 RRs in your company, but ya that helps. You are pretty much forced to use the ammo supply drop T2 unlock.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2013, 04:15:04 am »

Yeah... That drop is going to need pool as well.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2013, 04:16:32 am »

You're not supposed to be able to field a fully upgraded doctrinal coy without taking a pool hit
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc