Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:49:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Has the officer been overnerfed?  (Read 6334 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 02, 2013, 02:13:12 pm »

Has the WM Officer a T1 unlock unit been overnerfed?

It seems to need top T3 to gain any kind of aura and it currently can only buff one unit at a time making it kinda 4 pop support weapon buffer and nothing more. Somewhat it starts to taste like a worthless tier 1 unlock and only worth for the offmap barrage and reload and cooldown bonuses for one single squad or a support weapon. Mid T3 allows it to give this to a vehicle but in reality, It can never keep up with a vehicle

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 02:51:07 pm »

The new defensive officer is utter trash barring the fact that the squad itself is awesome now.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 03:21:49 pm »

Hm, it was supposed to get a local aura buff (It's main buff) for one of it's T3's.

Must of got lost in the wash, I'll look into it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 10:20:01 pm »

Currently WM Officer is kinda a lack luster. It can only supervise one unit and the only aura it seems to get is just a sector aura with 5% of this and that. It doesn't exactly look to be worthy of a Tier 1 unlock with such.

It really needs a British Ltd aura to even look effective as it can now only drop arty barrage and supervise one unit. The unit itself is nice with the two G43s.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 11:22:36 pm »

He shouldn't really get the Lieutenant Aura as he is the most survivable Officer (Elite armour is the best armour, and that's paired up with Heroic criticals and high HP), and is the most combat effective officer (best weaponry, and gets an off map).

I do agree that he should be improved, but by improving on what he currently does, not by making him a much better version of a Lieutenant, who is also adding those buffs to better weaponry.
So guys, this officer that is the basis for half the defensive doctrine that requires shit tons of PPs to across the board to be useful (except he isn't) shouldn't have any worthwhile buffs because he is hard to kill.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 12:14:09 am »

Too bad the buffs he already gives are nothing to write home about. I love having half the doctrine revolve around one unit that even if he had a normal aura would still be lackluster at best.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 12:37:23 am »

Too bad the buffs he already gives are nothing to write home about. I love having half the doctrine revolve around one unit that even if he had a normal aura would still be lackluster at best.
As opposed to the entire British faction revolving around command units who effectively cripple them.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 12:47:14 am »

TBF the aura should have stayed the same but the damage buff should have been evaporated.

Ofc he is th eonly officer i think to offer defensive buffs as well as offensive buffs?

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 01:59:32 am »

TBF the aura should have stayed the same but the damage buff should have been evaporated.

Ofc he is th eonly officer i think to offer defensive buffs as well as offensive buffs?
Exactly 4pop defensive offensive buffs how ever meager.

Or say brits 8 pop for offensive defensive buffs.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 02:16:15 am »

Lets analyze this unit for a moment.

Defensive Officer is a command unit that used to give Acc and damage to a single unit. WIth Mid T3 it worked as a aura. This has been removed, thank god about that.

It is not wise to compare British Ltd or Captain to Defensive Officer. The more appropriate way, if we are to compare units is to compare British Commando Ltd to Defensive Officer and American Officer. Why? These two Allied Officers are similarily orientated by being requiring a unlock albit they are T2s while Def is T1. We can agree that Mando Ltd isn't entirely necessary, because he can be replaced by normal Ltd, who offers a weaker aura.

Each Defensive T3 Doctrine focuses on Officer. Top T3 offers the only aura which offers -5% things. Supervision unchanged. Middle T3 offers Officer the ability to supervise a vehicle. Bottom T3 buffs Officer's supervision powers and boosts top T3s Aura by 5. These are the buffs Officer aquires. With these current buffs it is basically a captain with a weaker foo to put it plainly. It can give its boost to a singular unit but this supervision is easily disturbed by the movement of either unit.

To fix this. I recommend that Defensive Officer gains back its Aura to make him worthwhile. A unit with 2x G43s and ability to call in Arty every 15 minutes and ability to supervise one single unit. Its not worth it really. Cooldown bonuses and reload bonuses for just 1 unit. The only units that could use this are support weapons nothing else benefits greatly from what this unit is. I deem it overnerfed. It was agreeable that it needed a nerf, but a nerf to all of its strengths it had? The aura was the most important asset Officer ever had.

I recommend that Aura should be brought back not as a Tier unlock but as a standard thing. For Support weapons this aura would effect only the crew and not the manned weapon itself. Only a direct Supervision would boost the weapon as well like how it worked in the past. Without the Aura WM Officer is a waste of a T1 unlock and thus makes all the Doctrine T3s weaker with some exceptions.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 03:33:36 am »

just an idea - keep the current passive buff and add a strong, timelimited buff.

sth. like + 20% accuracy and + 20% damage/suppression (or something)

however an area buff would just lead to massive blob fights

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 06:48:11 am »

No I said he should be improved in what buffs he already gives so that he is worthwhile, but shouldn't be at the level of Lieutennant buffs.

Remind me, which one of them is doctrinal again? And which one of them is available for ALL doctrines across the board to buff your infantry? There really is no argument why he shouldn't be ATLEAST on the level of LT
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 06:50:08 am by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 09:32:20 am »

Hm, it was supposed to get a local aura buff (It's main buff) for one of it's T3's.

Must of got lost in the wash, I'll look into it.

I say this, we still end up with a page long discussion.

EiRR forums.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 09:38:14 am »

I say this, we still end up with a page long discussion.

EiRR forums.

Come on hicks, do you really think it would be worth it if it was a T3 unlock? Honestly it could just come out with a aura of its own which can be buffed via T3s. It'd make running double T3s as defensive useful and worthwhile instead of going for T4 which seems to be the only viable option for the moment.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 09:45:05 am »

Or, we can just hotfix in the aura working as a T3 like it was supposed to in the first place, focus on fixing PE, then come back to it?

Defensive's not exactly suffering a horrific fate without an aura buff, for the moment.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 12:37:38 pm »

If you compare defensive to almost any other doctrine right now, its pretty shitty. Panzer aces/heat rounds is 20% accuracy 15% damage, pretty much what the old officer was. Except you don't need an officer following your tanks around. Having an officer buff a shit ton of volks was a little silly back then, but even if an aura is its a pretty shitty buff compared to everything else out there and you still need to have an officer following everything around. Half of your buffs are dependent on keeping one unit alive and on the front lines...
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 01:50:23 pm »

If you compare defensive to almost any other doctrine right now, its pretty shitty. Panzer aces/heat rounds is 20% accuracy 15% damage, pretty much what the old officer was. Except you don't need an officer following your tanks around. Having an officer buff a shit ton of volks was a little silly back then, but even if an aura is its a pretty shitty buff compared to everything else out there and you still need to have an officer following everything around. Half of your buffs are dependent on keeping one unit alive and on the front lines...

walking stukas with 20% more damage doesn't seem shitty. neither does a cloaking army with cloaking tanks and 10s sprint.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc