Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:36:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q&A for EiR2 Development  (Read 18134 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2013, 07:36:54 am »

I hate the blizzards. Just promotes vehicle heavy companies, or campy game play. It is bad for Eir environment.

Some argue you just have to create a company or units to take advantage of it....... yaaaaaa, everyone with the same builds just to tolerate a silly mechanic.
Fine when EiR:2 is nothing but Germans and Soviets. How about when we introduce the other factions back in? WTF would you do with an airborne company?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2013, 07:40:02 am »

I hate the blizzards. Just promotes vehicle heavy companies, or campy game play. It is bad for Eir environment.

Some argue you just have to create a company or units to take advantage of it....... yaaaaaa, everyone with the same builds just to tolerate a silly mechanic.
Fine when EiR:2 is nothing but Germans and Soviets. How about when we introduce the other factions back in? WTF would you do with an airborne company?
Were airbourne lieutenant, were ment to be surrounded

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2013, 08:37:37 am »

"It's fine Scottish weather, falling straight down. Well, to the side like"

I'm sure the Scots can endure Wink
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 08:40:17 am »

I like the blizzards, it forces you to adapt.

Every army has access to halftracks. So long as you're provided with sufficient warning of what you are fighting in, it should not be an issue.

And yes, I am very much for players having to remake their companies to adapt to battlefield conditions. It's smart and unique and rewards foresight and planning.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 08:43:25 am »

ye gads tank, make me want to face desk.

So fucking easy to just bounce infantry to a fire pit before launching an attack. I almost nearly ignore blizzards these days, if you use cover none of your guys are going to drop during the blizzard.

AB could be interesting, your in a battle fighting and suddenly blizzard sets in, your cut off from your reinforcements!

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 08:45:27 am »

russkis gets neanderthal Reward units a 25 man team with torches and bat.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 09:30:02 am »

Unit response feels sluggish, the graphics are ok, not really better, just different style. It's still an old looking engine, like MoW zoomed in.

Balance seems OK, lack of iconic Eastern Front units makes me a little sad, instead they settled for things that...are boring. White Scout car instead of BA series armored cars, no lend lease equipment to be seen outside of that, same old Panzer IV instead of a Panzer III, no improvement to building garrisons (how hard would it have been to implement room clearing or a building assault).

True line of sight seems a little off, you can garrison a 2 story building and still have LoS blocked by some ground level shrubs.

Will EIR2 be able to address an AI fix similar to EIRR? Modify the LoS? etc?

Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 09:46:55 am »

The blizzards aren't all that bad. I think it would be a better impact on the game if there weren't already fires at almost all of the capture points. Because right now all you have to do is jump to the nearest point and hunker down or skip from point to point warming up before you move on. I always prepare for the blizzard. If I am setting up an mg or mortar in a disputed area I always throw down a fire pit next to them. Its all about prep. And I think removing autofires at points would make the blizzard more important to gameplay.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 10:45:52 am »

I wish for eir2 that it is possible to keep capture weapons for transmission into the launcher for an upcoming fight, like veterans. Cheesy

Brothers stand tall!

Erst die Heimat, dann die Ferne.
Erst die Erde, dann die Sterne.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 03:30:12 pm »

MG42s for Everybody!

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 04:02:30 pm »

I wish for eir2 that it is possible to keep capture weapons for transmission into the launcher for an upcoming fight, like veterans. Cheesy

Thats the design goal.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »

Thats the design goal.

Wouldn't this ruin balance after a little while? Especially with support teams able to be retreated, and then recrewed.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 05:34:03 pm »

Vet 3 conscripts with 3 shrecks and the ability to keep them

ohgodwhy.jpg

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »

It's worth noting that originally, CoH2 was balanced for mirror faction play as well as standard play.

Supposing they kept that up into release (And I think they did for all but auto-match, though I'd have to go confirm that due to being tired) it'd be safe to assume that units are statistically balanced to be used against their own factions.

Meaning shit like stealing and keeping enemy vehicles wouldn't be as broken as CoH1. For example, penetration tables for Shermans vs M10's is wonky as all hell in CoH1, but since CoH2 was made with mirror-faction play in mind (Or at least as a component) we shouldn't run into any large issues.

Long story short, EiRR2 should really let you decrew, take, and hold onto an enemy Tiger if you've been lucky and skilful enough to pull it off. Naturally fielding them next game should cost the appropriate amount of resources as if you were buying the unit yourself though, as free units are bad mmkay.

Oh and Terrapin, in EiRR, I'd agree to that being batshit insane but Shrecks are somewhat less kill-everything-on-treads-in-sight weapons in CoH2 lol.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2013, 05:58:22 pm »

Wouldn't this ruin balance after a little while? Especially with support teams able to be retreated, and then recrewed.

The breakdown of unit stats in CoH2 is very favorable to Mirror matchups. Not only that but we can implement limiting features if it becomes necessary. Furthermore, we want to explore the options for removing retreat modifiers.
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2013, 08:16:38 pm »

As in you can crush retreating units?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2013, 08:26:33 pm »

As in you can crush retreating units?

Accuracy and damage modifiers would be reduced or gone.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2013, 08:36:26 pm »

Oh and Terrapin, in EiRR, I'd agree to that being batshit insane but Shrecks are somewhat less kill-everything-on-treads-in-sight weapons in CoH2 lol.

Don't know, I have had a vet 3 conscript with 3 shrecks knock out 3 Ostwinds and 2 Panthers in a game......
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2013, 07:44:13 am »

Until I've had the chance to have my wicked way with CoH2's RGD's, I can't really confirm to what extent any weapon in bulk is going to be a problem.

All I can say for certain is that CoH2 Shrecks appear to be less potent than CoH1 Shrecks.

Just bare in mind that we all get occasions of a weapon or unit dealing massive amounts of damage due to luck or good circumstances. That's a part of CoH in general lol.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2013, 08:46:53 am »

Accuracy and damage modifiers would be reduced or gone.

How is this a benefit for a mod based on persistancy?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc