Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 08:19:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eirr is dying  (Read 43220 times)
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 17, 2013, 02:00:27 pm »

the last wipe must be shit, eirr is dying, please save it.

thx bear

Brothers stand tall!

Erst die Heimat, dann die Ferne.
Erst die Erde, dann die Sterne.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 02:05:47 pm »

Development ceased due to EIRR:2 which will come out some time after mod tools come out for CoH:2....

Nothing new in the game, no balance improvements, nothing really worth coming back for.

The community plays a lot of games, so we just play those together instead.

fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 02:06:35 pm »

Hi there.  It's very rare that any modification lives as long as this one has.  I did the original development in 2007.  It's been 6 years.  Why I think the plan is to get EIRR into a maintenance state where all the bugs are fixed and it runs itself, I'm not sure how cost effective that will be for the future.  Development is focused on COH2 which provides quite a few challenges itself.
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 02:16:02 pm »

I feel sad.
I was playing about 11 years cs and I was grow up to no. 2 of 180.000 players in my comunity and than was the server dying, since this time I play eirr and I grow and now is my new favorite dying to. D:
I dont understand why, coh is a shit game and coh2 is the same shit to, eirr ist the best strategy game wich is not a first person shooter and now its playing no one....
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 02:18:37 pm »

Our goal is to have the bug fixes, including Warmap bugs, released by July 25th. As usual, no promises, but that is our goal.

Nothing new in the game, no balance improvements, nothing really worth coming back for.

Our last patch was only 6 weeks ago and it was massive. What would you expect, and how often would you expect it, to make EiR:R "really worth coming back for"?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 02:27:40 pm »

I feel sad.
I was playing about 11 years cs and I was grow up to no. 2 of 180.000 players in my comunity and than was the server dying, since this time I play eirr and I grow and now is my new favorite dying to. D:
I dont understand why, coh is a shit game and coh2 is the same shit to, eirr ist the best strategy game wich is not a first person shooter and now its playing no one....

Bear I certainly can understand the feeling.  I hope that you will join us in Europe In Ruins 2 in Company of Heroes.  While largely the same as COH, I think it has certain great features that will make something like EIR more epic.  I personally love the true sight system with all my heart.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »

You should not even start to make a coh2 eirr2 mod, the game look like shit, feels like shit and is boring as hell. Stick with and finish what you got. Yes, it will die sooner or later but so will everything, at least try to complete what you started, even if not all of us play all the time it doesnt mean we dont care or keep track of whats going on.

Get your shit together and complete the f**king mod before moving on! it really is the best mod to company of heroes! Stick to it!

GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 02:45:15 pm »

I feel sad.
bear take a vacation, its better for u to forget it,anyway the devs didn't even asked the community if they(we) want the eirr to be dead,thwy just decides to let it die so not worth arguing.

Anywy i will be free tomorrow so if u r up forsome game i will be there. Sad that eirr is dying , lets hope eir 2 will be epic.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 03:20:27 pm »

Our goal is to have the bug fixes, including Warmap bugs, released by July 25th. As usual, no promises, but that is our goal.

Our last patch was only 6 weeks ago and it was massive. What would you expect, and how often would you expect it, to make EiR:R "really worth coming back for"?

Good gameplay with varying equally valid builds.

I can't think of anything short of a complete rework that would get me to come back. Right now the game is far too much "cover this doctrines weakness with more stuff we added in" than "this doctrine is good at this, and not good at this" which has lead to really bland gameplay.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 03:25:41 pm »

Good gameplay with varying equally valid builds.

I can't think of anything short of a complete rework that would get me to come back. Right now the game is far too much "cover this doctrines weakness with more stuff we added in" than "this doctrine is good at this, and not good at this" which has lead to really bland gameplay.
Which all stemned from to many clowns trying to play PE like WM and then notching about it not working.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 03:28:38 pm »

Get your shit together and complete the f**king mod before moving on! it really is the best mod to company of heroes! Stick to it!

What is your impression of a "complete" the mod? We have stated already that we are fixing the broken Warmap functions. What else were you expecting or lead to believe would be a part of this mod?

I am not being sarcastic.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 03:32:02 pm »

What is your impression of a "complete" the mod? We have stated already that we are fixing the broken Warmap functions. What else were you expecting or lead to believe would be a part of this mod?

I am not being sarcastic.

I wouldn't say so much incomplete, as just bland, lackluster, etc.

Much preferred EIR style doctrines to the newer EIR:R style.

Bring back Company/Battalion designations as well, instead of adding reward units I think a command unit to represent the player on the battlefield would have been a more interesting choice.

New game modes, new sectoring modes. Right now they are all pretty much the same past 4 minutes anyway.

Maybe branching veterancy, instead of the static generic bonuses? More lines of company development.

The nail in the coffin for me personally, was the "everyone advances at the same rate in their factions" change. No sense of advancement or reward.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:36:32 pm by AmPM » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 03:40:25 pm »

nothing will die - alive since 2007

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 03:47:22 pm »

I wouldn't say so much incomplete, as just bland, lackluster, etc.

Much preferred EIR style doctrines to the newer EIR:R style.

Bring back Company/Battalion designations as well, instead of adding reward units I think a command unit to represent the player on the battlefield would have been a more interesting choice.

New game modes, new sectoring modes. Right now they are all pretty much the same past 4 minutes anyway.

Maybe branching veterancy, instead of the static generic bonuses? More lines of company development.

The nail in the coffin for me personally, was the "everyone advances at the same rate in their factions" change. No sense of advancement or reward.

Can you talk more about branching veterancy and some possible game modes?
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 03:49:50 pm »

"New game modes, new sectoring modes, branching vet and so on" Afaik that's the kind of stuff that required coding separate from what your average rgd guy (like me) can pull off and for the longest time we only had one guy that could do scar. That makes options rather limited to say the least.

Hence, why it's happening for EiRR2 if nothing else as it's a fresh start.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 03:56:14 pm »

Bland doctrines
resources boring
pool system
warmap pointless
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 03:57:05 pm »

All i could think about when reading your post Bear.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 03:57:21 pm »

Veterancy would be an upgrade "purchased" with XP on your troops, similar to any RPG. So lets say you finish up a battle and have (random number) XP, you spend it post battle to get an increase in suppression resistance and maybe grenade throw range. These guys are your go to unit for disabling those dastardly machine gun positions.

After another battle you get more XP, you want to make them a little more well rounded and offensive. You pick up an accuracy increase and grenade throw range II.

As far as gamemodes, it's tough with the way the sectors currently work, but we could do almost anything. Capture the Flag, Hold the Line (defend style mission, each side has deployable objectives, if the attacker captures and holds an objective point for a period of time they own it, once the attacker has a majority they win the game).

As far as I know the biggest block to this is SCAR coding.

I'm at work, and typing rapidly makes me look busy....
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 03:59:53 pm »

Bland doctrines
resources boring
pool system
warmap pointless

Hi MissileJoe.  Can you please elaborate on how you would fix each system above?
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 04:01:04 pm »

As far as I know the biggest block to this is SCAR coding.

Good thing I like it...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc