Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 10:33:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[Today at 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE Player - Counter Sherman Croc/AB Spam  (Read 14295 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: January 05, 2014, 05:28:45 pm »

As a PE player, what do you think is the best counter to Sherman Croc & AB spam?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 05:38:57 pm »

Tread breaker, marders and pz grens.

Well places hummel inc barrage never goes astray

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 05:45:08 pm »

Tread breaker, marders and pz grens.

Well places hummel inc barrage never goes astray

Ya, true that, but it is so doctrine specific. I was hoping for something to help my tank hunters company.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 05:52:43 pm »

Take AT grenades to throw at the Croc when it charges in.
what about the 15+ pop of RR airborne now charging ?
taco355 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 07:15:25 pm »

my tank hunters company.

Stummel and luck
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 08:27:37 pm »

Teller mines. Lots of em.

and PGrens.

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 09:20:43 pm »

Magnetic AT Grenades/Treadbreaker/Teller Mines. Anything that can kill the mobility of the Crocs - As soon as they lose their mobility they are a sitting duck for whatever your AT of choice is for that day, or you can freely disengage and regroup with a better force.

The AB is a bit more of a problem. If it isn't smoke covered, LATHT using focus fire can snipe them to death whilst a FSJ Marksman can do the same. A wolf pack of 3 AC's can do nasty damage if you've got somebody to cover you from ATG's or any other secondary AT.

If it IS smoke covered, then you've got a wee problem. Best you can do is attrition out the Crocs then take on the AB the old fashioned way with Assault PzGrens or G43 PzGrens in close quarters once the Crocs are either disabled or dead.

But generally speaking when it comes to AB it's much, MUCH simpler to take out it's supporting AI of the day and then deal with the smoked up death blob.

Also, never try to take on an AB blob with a token force. Chances are you are facing about 20-30 pop's worth of AB/support at the very least, and you should respond in kind even if it means you have to temporarily lose ground.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 01:15:13 am »

Yeah, killing the crocs mobility eases the fight sort of. The rest won't be easy. I would personally try to annihiliate healing options from AB as soon as possible. A blob without healing has a limited time on field. As tank hunters, ACs are one of the only ways to do this.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 02:50:29 am »

Well I'm still using my 14 teller's company vs Allied spams.

The best way to counter Crocs is APCR Marders. Srsly.
And if it comes to AB spam - PZ IV (Which can also penetrate Shermans - APCR) or 2x Stummel.

Like NightRain said : " try to annihiliate healing options from AB as soon as possible. ". Well, if you're using HE rounds, not small arms, AB will die instantly instead of being wounded Tongue
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:52:42 am by GrayWolf » Logged

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 04:29:42 am »

I have luft company with 3 snipers, 5 LAHTs and 5 marders, 2 ACs and 2 goliaths, rest muni and MP on falls (get AB armour for em) with nades and fausts, works very good vs AB and any other allied company, add tread brakers for LAHT and get dat luft AT offmap. Keep in mind that ya be sniping AB all the time, that's dem expensive loses for AB player so sooner or later he will charge ya and than goliath time, foucs fire time and offmap time. Allways works, try it tank  Wink

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 04:35:39 am »

I have luft company with 3 snipers, 5 LAHTs and 5 marders, 2 ACs and 2 goliaths, rest muni and MP on falls (get AB armour for em) with nades and fausts, works very good vs AB and any other allied company, add tread brakers for LAHT and get dat luft AT offmap. Keep in mind that ya be sniping AB all the time, that's dem expensive loses for AB player so sooner or later he will charge ya and than goliath time, foucs fire time and offmap time. Allways works, try it tank  Wink
hes asking for AB + croc counters for Tank Destroyers, not Luft.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 04:42:17 am »

shab - it works cause you are a good player

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 04:50:43 am »

hes asking for AB + croc counters for Tank Destroyers, not Luft.

u no say? u can get same units as TD as well, just replace luft with Pgren shrekcs
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 05:00:33 am »

u no say? u can get same units as TD as well, just replace luft with Pgren shrekcs
Grens don't get riflesnades or AB armor, TD don't get that insane AT airstrike
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 05:09:45 pm »

Try hotch stukas, What most fail with is that they use them at max range, what you can do is to use it mixed with 2 scout cars and 2 hotch stukas or 1 stuka and 1 upgunned hotch if you are running APCR rounds.
what you do is to use the scoutcars to backcap and harrass them with territory and when they decide to start using the smoke AB blob just run them into it, thanks to their phase armour the RRs are only gonna hit if they miss into the ground (or if you by any chance broke 20 mirrors before the game), use the scoutcars to block the AB from retreateing and then use the stuka/s and fire on it, heads up is to not be max range away, dont go farther than 80 units away (unless you are carrying that lucky rabbits foot with you) for then the scatter is gonna kick you in the balls hard, stay between 50-70 units and it will instant kill the blob quickly and efficently.

or another trick is just to roll with 2 25mm hotch and be at max range, the scatter on the hotch is quite small so you can most often just kite the AB with them.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 05:11:32 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »

Hotchkiss Stukas are much better at taking on support heavy companies tbh. Stuka rockets kick the crap out of support weapons, they kick the crap out of general infantry too - But only if they stick around in one place long enough to eat the rockets.

Considering AB companies are always on the move, success with Stuka's will heavily rely on luck. If you are say, like me, relying on luck is akin to putting a loaded gun to my head and expecting everything to end well.

Shab did point out one very effective tool: Goliaths. AB companies focus a lot on either Crocs or RR's, neither of which are very good at taking the little shits out.

Slipping a Goliath into a smoke screen is pretty simple if you've had it in cover nearby, and the smoke will obscure the unit icon making for a nasty mess all around.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 06:50:03 pm »

relying on luck is akin to putting a loaded gun to my head and expecting everything to end well.

Well im quite sure if you would put a loaded gun to your head the gun would blow up in your hand and Cauterize the wound making it so that you wouldn't bleed out or die of infection just to make your life a tad bit more miserable.
After this game im quite sure that you worked at a Mirror factory your last life and accidentally Blew it up.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:54:16 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 02:36:46 pm »

I'm pretty rusty but seeing how I was in one of the games that possibly spurred this question, I'll give my 2 cents.  I would say as mentioned before that PGrens ironically are a main part of the solution if cost and mp is no object.  Magnetic ATs to cripple the Sherman Crocs, G43s and inc grenades to drive off the RRs.

I include inc grenades because if you can spare the muni you simply drop inc grenades into their smoke cover to make them displace out of it.  Even use G43 suppressive fire to make them burn their fire-up if they stay out of smoke too long.   The old G43 slow was very effective in harrassing AB RR blobs but we don't have that anymore.   

You should have Marders in the rear of course for AT support.

2 squads of PGrens should be able to handle Ray's 2-3 RR squads and possibly deter 4 squads of RRs.  Those two squads won't be able to protect your Marders if he mixes in ATG creep and you can have serious problems if he mixes in all the other nifty tools at his disposal, snipers, bars, mg support.  Just Sherman crocs and RRs should be relatively in your favor though. 

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 02:50:20 pm »

Not to be judgemental about that suggestion Ugly, but putting your infantry in front of the croc to toss that magnetic AT nade is exactly what the enemy wants you to do. It means he will torch your AI squads and scare them off. A Pzgren squad with G43s, Inc, Magnetic is not a cheap squad anymore. 240 manpower can be up to 130 munitions. Its not cheap to lose a squad like that. Because that Croc is keeping you busy the RRs can and will engage the marder. Remember that Airborne squad reaches useless status after its down to 1 man. 2 men still cary 2 RRs which means infantry casualities can be shrugged off in some cases.

Yes. I tried this.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 06:00:51 pm »

Not to be judgemental about that suggestion Ugly, but putting your infantry in front of the croc to toss that magnetic AT nade is exactly what the enemy wants you to do. It means he will torch your AI squads and scare them off. A Pzgren squad with G43s, Inc, Magnetic is not a cheap squad anymore. 240 manpower can be up to 130 munitions. Its not cheap to lose a squad like that. Because that Croc is keeping you busy the RRs can and will engage the marder. Remember that Airborne squad reaches useless status after its down to 1 man. 2 men still cary 2 RRs which means infantry casualities can be shrugged off in some cases.

Yes. I tried this.

This exactly was the issue I was having. I have magnetic nades, but the croc would roast them before they could throw it. Meanwhile the RR's raced up to my Marders and raped them.

I have been trying running dual upgun hotchkiss ( which really work well), but the RR's would toast them pretty quick. It would cost me two hotch to his one croc (if I was lucky) but he can have more cros then I can have Hotchs.

What I am finding is you are pretty much fucked against that build if you are tank hunters. I can beat it with my scorched earth company, but not tank hunters.
If I am tank hunters and my teammate insists on opening with a Tiger, then we are doomed.....lol

I do recognize the fact that Ray is a much better player then I am (everyone is...lol) but I don't think that was the biggest factor in tank hunters vs RR/Croc spam.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc