Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:39:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] Commando Doctrine  (Read 10494 times)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:46 am »

If you want to buff piats just Increase the projectile speed and or Atleast buff Button a little bit, sure it was OP as hell before and button bren carriers/roos were retarded as hell but atleast it enabled them to be of some use but hey, you guys gave the brits the 57mm so honestly why does anyone use piats?

just use a staghound and a 57mm and most tanks are fucked if you arent clinically retarded.

Or do like Speedy once did and just blob a bunch of staghounds together with a CCT and kill jagdpanthers.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:30:25 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 05:33:42 am »

If you want to buff piats just Increase the projectile speed and or Atleast buff Button a little bit, sure it was OP as hell before and button bren carriers/roos were retarded as hell but atleast it enabled them to be of some use but hey, you guys gave the brits the 57mm so honestly why does anyone use piats?

just use a staghound and a 57mm and most tanks are fucked if you arent clinically retarded.
What does a staghound offer to the 6pdr ? stags pretty fragile since it had hp nerfed, which isn't a bad thing but im curious as to what a stag and 6pdr at13 pop does over 8 pop of piats ?

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 06:44:43 am »

Good anti infantry and good anti armour, Staghounds are able to pose as a threat against most light vehicles and infantry and is able to block tanks that come rushing while the ATG is able to counter Most tanks if not opposed by an offmap or a heavy tank, ofcourse you dont run with this alone as you also might support it with an MG or a Bren tommy squad but the staghound and ATG mix is quite usefull as a counter to instant rushes.

This is while piats may be more mobile can be counterd by a puma or any LV thats going in an Non-Predictable manner and can be kited by things like the p4/ist or the hotch.

Anyways i prefer to have having 600 man 220 mun and 100 fule AI AT and ALV instead of 360 man 240 mun Pure AT.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:51:17 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 06:51:26 am »

Or do like Speedy once did and just blob a bunch of staghounds together with a CCT and kill jagdpanthers.

Source? I suck at Light vehicles, anyone should know this so far!

I agree with Mysthalin when he said that button is retarded and should simply NOT exsist. It is a retarded ability because of implementation of 6 Pdr. Bren MMGs with Button and Ap destroyed any light vehicle that got caught by them. Any Tank that moved forward got buttoned was pretty much nullified completely. Total lockdown from button. The current one is a mere idea of the original concept.

PIATs excellence is the fact that they have a ability which prevents them from getting return fired. Cheap platform with good armor which basically improves their performance. Sure they are weak against light vehicles and anything very fast, but isn't that what RSE is for...? Oh...you all play RCA because it is simply better. They had AT rifles...give them to RCA and now RCA has everything.

Also wasn't Stuart improved to become a light vehicle hunter which PIATs aren't so strong against? Then again, if you manage to catch light vehicle offguard and get a shot off and get decent hits at it. Yeah it won't be threatning you immediately afterwards. Besides weren't we supposed to adversite combined arms for the British who may or may not be the WM of Allies? I wouldn't go improving PIAT as it does its job for its designed vehicles.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 06:55:17 am »

Source? I suck at Light vehicles, anyone should know this so far!

St. Lambert Pre TH implementation 2011 so around march/febuary, It may have been you, shockcoil or myst but i remember it was one of you guys.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:05 am »

This is an awesome thread gents, lets try our best to keep in on topic please.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 08:35:58 am »

This is an awesome thread gents, lets try our best to keep in on topic please.

It looks like you want us to kill each other... Well I like this idea Cheesy

And being serious now : Increase projectile speed : okay do it, i'm waiting Cheesy

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 12:24:09 am »

> graywolf play brits
> time to show noobs how to play piats
> shab comes as axis and gets 39k score
> graywolf: fucking brits sucks and you shab r a fucking scumbag

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 01:12:19 am »

> graywolf play brits
> time to show noobs how to play piats
> shab comes as axis and gets 39k score
> graywolf: fucking brits sucks and you shab r a fucking scumbag

Too late shab, Commando piats killed 2x Marder, 1xHummel, damaged TA and killed lot of inf. Well shit happens right ? We should try it again XD
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 02:19:59 am »

cant speak about that game gaywolf was referring to.

But i had some games where he used them right and actually they did their work tbh. Piats miss on long range - just as shreks and zooks. Piats miss moving targets (almost) always but have the feature of shooting over hedges.
- Sounds pretty fair

Actually when i used them on pios i felt like they are too weak. Till i saw gaywolf using them the last days vs my PE coy. Well need to admit, that i simply used them wrong.

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 02:24:11 am »

St. Lambert Pre TH implementation 2011 so around march/febuary, It may have been you, shockcoil or myst but i remember it was one of you guys.

I miss the good old days of being able to take out any tank in the game with a tetrarch... Fucking relic.

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 02:25:25 am »

They should hardley be cost balanced around them shooting over hedges/buildings.

Hedges rarely last in eir games, anywhere they are important anyway.
also they will miss vs anything moving at speed 4 and over at long and med range.
They excel at close range but this requires a silly enemy to rush into them.

Quite simply you dont get enough bang for your buck
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 02:26:42 am »

I miss the good old days of being able to take out any tank in the game with a tetrarch... Fucking relic.
dem lil jon rape dayz. RIP tetrarch
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 01:11:26 pm »

Does anyone actually use the PIAT ambush ability? I always find that to be extremely useful at covering ATG's, and just in general for hitting vehicles. The best bit is that you can cloak right in front of the enemy, allowing you to either just hide there, or to reload and get another shot off.

In fact, in my Commando companies I always just took Sappers PIAT's over Commando PIAT's because they were cheaper, had cloak, and could buy mines. Commando PIAT's are bad because you just can't ambush with them (no mine + cloak combo); except of course when you drop a few groups of them behind an enemy tank (RIP Hearts TA), but that requires a short spawn time to be effective.

Well, at least someone, who understands me :p
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2014, 02:10:42 pm »

Well, at least someone, who understands me :p

Careful Wolf......... a Tig endorsement is not always your best endorsement..... Wink
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 05:26:28 pm »

not followed,

this thread on the last pages. But i played another game with my mando coy and its fine cope with it. Btw piats did their job.

mando doc is fine

mando smoke is powerful, stens are great and piats do their job as every HHat
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2014, 09:42:59 am »

Had a look through this thread.

A revised layout for the bottom unlocks would definitely be good.

PIAT's... They are a funny little shitbag. They do 90 damage and have bazooka damage mods vs most vehicles (Meaning unskirted stuff gets 1.5-1.6 damage). This lets you do some batshit crazy amounts of damage if you can get circumstances on your side. However, most people run skirts and about the only target that'll be getting the wrong end of these mods are Tigers - Which have only rear hits to worry about due to the piss poor frontal pen.

Ideally what PIAT's need is a faster projectile speed. Unless you totally eliminate their vertical scatter, you're always gonna get rounds falling short and that's something that the user will have to account for with attack ground in the long run. The faster projectile speed will help with moving targets though. Any LV's are going to dodge your rounds whether you like it or not, unless you enable the ability for PIAT's to roll hits - Something I'm not even sure would work out right.

What allows PIAT's to work offensively though, is button. Defensively PIAT's are pretty much fine, but Commandos is an offensive oriented doctrine. Lots of aggression and raiding.

Brens in general are a bag of piss and need some attention. Button was their saving grace in EiRR, and even with Lt's they still perform fairly bad. It takes 3 Lt's stacking their shit up in vCoH to make them good frontline units. Button drops a unit's accuracy down to 25%, which is great, but even Tigers can just roll back out of the ability. Button and Brens can be addressed for CW in general though, but they do need attention.

Tetratch's are actually a pretty simple fix. Their turret rotation is, for some unknown reason, total fucking junk. Up their turret rotation so they can actually get a shot off and they'll be fine. That and fix the LJ variant bug.

The Lancaster run definitely needs attention too. Seriously, why are we hearing that thing start it's engine up? -.-'

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2014, 10:13:55 am »

about those piats: idk what you expect from them they do their job depending on the range just like shrek/zook. Besdies that they have no aimtime, and can hit through smoke cause of their scatter .  piats arent as bad as you describe them.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2014, 10:30:05 am »

about those piats: idk what you expect from them they do their job depending on the range just like shrek/zook. Besdies that they have no aimtime, and can hit through smoke cause of their scatter .  piats arent as bad as you describe them.

It is the only HHAT that you can actually dodge. all others roll a hit or a miss piats u can simply move and avoid them they dont seem to roll a hit or a miss.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:15 am »

Did you forget that mandos get Mando Ltd Hicks? Dem brens with mando ltd nearby. Shit be scary.

Honestly, I do like piats as they are. I do miss the infantry sniping but then again it was a curse and fortune in the same bag, just dependable on which side I was playing on.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc