Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:19:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Defensive Company Build  (Read 12094 times)
Dauntless07 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 28, 2014, 02:55:52 pm »

Advantages:
MP middle
MU high
FU low

Doctrine Specialization:

Top T2
Middle T4
Bottom T1

Doctrine Unlocks:

Top T2 T3
Middle T1
Bottom T2

Call in: (each line is a different call in,) (all Volksgrenadiers are naked.)

Opening:
Ostwind (repair,) Grens (2X Shrek,) Grens (naked,) Pak 38

Infantry:
Grens (2X Shrek,) Volks
Grens (2X Shrek,) Volks
Grens (2X LMG42,) Volks
Grens (2X LMG42,) Volks
Grens (Grenades,) Grens (naked,)

Support:
Le.IG 18
Le.IG 18
Pak 38
Pak 38
Pak 38

Artillery:
Nebelwerfer

Armor/Vehicles:
Panther (all upgrades)
Ostwind (repair)
Puma (repair)
Puma (repair)
2X Motorbike (repair)
2X Motorbike (repair)
2X Motorbike (repair)

Other:
Pioneer (Minesweeper, Bunker, Medic Bunker)
Pioneer (Mines, Medic Bunker)

Basically the idea is to overwhelm the enemy with massed infantry and field support guns. Armor and Vehicles move in as support. Previously, I was playing this as a Fatherland Defense Company to have plenty of manpower on the field to crew heavy weapons, but during the test period I started using Grenadiers, and realized the Company would be a lot stronger with access to more ambush tactics.

There is no sniper, but I do have 3 motorbike call in, each with 2 bikes. It's often not enough, but with cloaked infantry hopefully I will avoid too many sniper losses. This company is perfect to support PE players. They bring Armor, and the WM Grenadiers finish the 1-2 punch.

There is also no MG42 or Mortar. The Le.IG 18 serves as my indirect fire and blob murderer at the same time.

Any thoughts guys?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:16:16 pm by Dauntless07 » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 03:06:10 pm »

You should always have hmgs, it's one of the strong points of wehrmacht and it will allow you to get more of your recrew volksgrenadiers. May want to spread out your infantry upgrades a bit more, I find grenades to be the most useful upgrade. Looks like a good build.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:11:19 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Dauntless07 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:12:45 pm »

You should always have hmgs, it's one of the strong points of wehrmacht and it will allow you to get more of your four recrew volksgrenadiers. May want to spread out your infantry upgrades a bit more, I find grenades to be the most useful upgrade. Looks like a good build.
MG42 seemed superfluous when I already have so much AI. I already have 2 squads with 2 LMG42, and I have Ostwinds and Pumas as well. If you insist on throwing them in, I'd cut the LMG42 kits and equip the Grenadiers with Grenades instead.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 03:23:40 pm »

I can't see this build overwhelming anything.

Its nothing in comparison to 28 volksssturm and 8 stug builds.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 03:01:52 am »

Time for history lesson. The Germans in WW2 emphasized heavily on their machineguns. The infantry role was based around protecting and giving covering fire to the machine gun crews. So they would use heavy machine guns even on the offensive. This is reflected in the game. The German HMG is much stronger and well supported and managed it's one of the strongest combinations in the game. The HMG suppress, the infantry kill, the enemy can never return fire. Your infantry is not as potent without suppression. Coupled with barbed wire and mines to reduce flanking, it's a very powerful combination.

Your company right now is like trying to run panzer elite without any vehicles. Wehrmacht is strongest around it's support. If you want to overwhelm and blitzkrieg your way through, then you need mobile and offensive infantry: stormtroopers, knights cross, scoped stg44s, flamethrower pioneers etc.

The Americans on the other hand, used HMGs as a solely defensive weapon and used riflemen on the offensive. This is also reflected in the game. The HMG has shorter range but works on the defensive and the riflemen are used to flank and attack. If you want to run this much infantry and not have to rely on support you should consider playing Americans instead.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 03:20:02 am »

Time for history lesson. The Germans in WW2 emphasized heavily on their machineguns. The infantry role was based around protecting and giving covering fire to the machine gun crews. So they would use heavy machine guns even on the offensive. This is reflected in the game. The German HMG is much stronger and well supported and managed it's one of the strongest combinations in the game. The HMG suppress, the infantry kill, the enemy can never return fire. Your infantry is not as potent without suppression. Coupled with barbed wire and mines to reduce flanking, it's a very powerful combination.

Your company right now is like trying to run panzer elite without any vehicles. Wehrmacht is strongest around it's support. If you want to overwhelm and blitzkrieg your way through, then you need mobile and offensive infantry: stormtroopers, knights cross, scoped stg44s, flamethrower pioneers etc.

The Americans on the other hand, used HMGs as a solely defensive weapon and used riflemen on the offensive. This is also reflected in the game. The HMG has shorter range but works on the defensive and the riflemen are used to flank and attack. If you want to run this much infantry and not have to rely on support you should consider playing Americans instead.
Time for an EIR history lesson, EIR is historically inaccurate.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 04:22:36 am »

nice history lesson, seems to be true for the history part.

For the game part.
Good axis companies DONT use suppression weapons, they us pure firepower. Suppression has only meaning in this game to axis infantry. Even if the german HMG is far better. The magic word is and stays fire up. So the only thing that an allied charge stops is their death - NOT SUPPRESSION. (same applies for smoke companies, fire power is the only thing that saves you)

The leig is a good choice - 60 range, splash damage, some say its trash, some get their 50 kills on it
Ostwind is also good - kite with it
Nebelwerfer - exchange it for a Stuka
LMGs - dont use 2x LMG on 1 sqaud if you have already a  call in size of 10. Split them and make 2x gren with 1x LMG ( from my experience the LMG is trash, but make your experience)

EDIT: Speaking for eirr. k98 g43 dont modify their accuracy vs suppressed targets
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:45:25 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 08:48:01 am »

Did Pony really just put up a wall of text explaining WW2 history and try to relate it to a video game that really has no historical accuracy ..............facepalm.jpg

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 09:10:54 am »

it is related, the coh devs had this in mind when creating the factions.
Dauntless07 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 04:12:23 pm »

For the game part.
Good axis companies DONT use suppression weapons, they us pure firepower. Suppression has only meaning in this game to axis infantry. Even if the german HMG is far better. The magic word is and stays fire up. So the only thing that an allied charge stops is their death - NOT SUPPRESSION. (same applies for smoke companies, fire power is the only thing that saves you)

The leig is a good choice - 60 range, splash damage, some say its trash, some get their 50 kills on it
LMGs - dont use 2x LMG on 1 sqaud if you have already a  call in size of 10. Split them and make 2x gren with 1x LMG ( from my experience the LMG is trash, but make your experience)

EDIT: Speaking for eirr. k98 g43 dont modify their accuracy vs suppressed targets
Thanks for the comments. I might have tried the walking Stuka, but there is a problem. Those 2 Pumas and 6 Bikes use up all my vehicle pool. The Nebelwerfer is here instead because I have an abundance of MP, FU, infantry to crew heavy weapons, and support pool due to not using a sniper.

I have been testing the MG42 team, and I acknowledge they are better than the dual LMG42 package. I will probably stick with Grenades instead. The K98 rifles already have a very high damage output; somehow it seems even higher than that of Volksgrenadiers who have an additional rifle firing. I am even thinking of making MP my high advantage over MU to field as many Grenadiers as possible and limit the Volksgrenadiers to crew duties.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 11:24:56 am »

Pony is correct, the build needs more HMGs. Not a ton, but at least a couple. On the flip side, keep in mind that LMG42s were buffed, they each deal half as much suppression as an MG42--a pair of LMG grens will shit on riflemen who aren't in cover, and pin them down to the point where grenade/LeIG derping them shouldn't be a problem.

Very well thought out build, keep it up.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 12:30:43 pm »

Pony is correct, the build needs more HMGs. Not a ton, but at least a couple. On the flip side, keep in mind that LMG42s were buffed, they each deal half as much suppression as an MG42--a pair of LMG grens will shit on riflemen who aren't in cover, and pin them down to the point where grenade/LeIG derping them shouldn't be a problem.

Very well thought out build, keep it up.

It wasn't till dem lmg42s becoming half valid suppression tools.
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 06:13:13 am »

For the game part.

I like too use LMG grens as support for kch.
As excample, I try to place the LMG-grens as 2nd row on a wall for cover and while the KCH do walk between the enemie unit and clean the field, my MG42 stand in the 3rd row and give backup if the KCH and LMG-grens need to fallback because of a coming allied inf blob.

If I have terror with zeal than be the kch the 2nd row and the volks with scope stg44 stand in the 1st row near the enemie unit...

maybe its not the org axis style according too what pony was writing but I like it. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:47:04 am by Bear » Logged

Brothers stand tall!

Erst die Heimat, dann die Ferne.
Erst die Erde, dann die Sterne.
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 12:28:46 pm »

Seems like you arent taking advantage of a couple of the best things in defensive doc, Sprinting kch + hmg combo and for the fatherland, just saying you might want to look into those, That is if they still exist the way they did before.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:32:00 pm by Herrpants » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 12:39:51 pm »

The doctrines have been disabled trapmaker.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 12:42:47 pm »

Seriously? Then what is the point of EIRR.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 12:43:21 pm »

Seriously? Then what is the point of EIRR.

Balancing vanilla units?
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 12:45:43 pm »

Balancing vanilla units?

i guess, but i always thought one of the best things about EIRR despite how it affected balance was how most of the doctrines were distinct and you could do different things with them, if its just vanilla vs vanilla im just gonna go start playing OMGmod rather than EIRR.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 01:03:30 pm »

i guess, but i always thought one of the best things about EIRR despite how it affected balance was how most of the doctrines were distinct and you could do different things with them, if its just vanilla vs vanilla im just gonna go start playing OMGmod rather than EIRR.

The best thing in EIRR is veterancy and persistance, the doctrines are icing on the cake and to make the cake taste delicious you have to work on its inner contents, frosting ain't enough to please your tastebuds if the cake itself tastes like shit and is so unbalanced that bugs and spamroaches crawl out from the spoonful.

Well considering that most people have concluded that OMGmod is more dead than EIRR you can go and sit there.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 01:12:11 pm »

Youre talking shit like no tomorrow. Eirr withouts docs is even blander now.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc